Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Thank you.

I got to insert the generated ssdt in the BIOS.
But speedstep not operate normally.

Maybe wrong path inside your generated ssdt?

Verify if original ssdt makes use of '_SB' or '_PR'. 

Replace all occurrence of '_SB' with '_PR' inside your generated ssdt and try again.

i have a serious issue here on ozmosis version 167X-MASS version, when i put efi drivers in EFI folder like grub.efi in Manjaro Linux , they don't show up in boot menu. how make them show up in  bootmenu F12 or in Theme. same applies to the HermitShellX64.efi.

i have a serious issue here on ozmosis version 167X-MASS version, when i put efi drivers in EFI folder like grub.efi in Manjaro Linux , they don't show up in boot menu. how make them show up in  bootmenu F12 or in Theme. same applies to the HermitShellX64.efi.

Try to reset NVRAM!!!

can someone compile an Ozmosis 167xmas rom for Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 and bios F8g

http://1drv.ms/1Q4X7cq

or official F7

http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-x79-up4_v1.0_f7.zip

thank you

Here you go:

mb_bios_ga-x79-up4_v1.zip

Try to reset NVRAM!!!

Here you go:

Thank you for this image, at first it didn´t work, but after clearing nvram the Ozmosis was set up, but unfortunately when I try to boot osx partition it hangs and verbose mode shows it stops after mac framework telling Unsyncronized TSC for CPU1 & CPU3 + Unknowd CPU Family, RTC Only sing - which seems like it would need VoodooTSCsync kext or something else to help with speedstep.

If it´s not a secret then maybe you can share your wisdom on how you compiled this rom, crusher? :)

thank you

Thank you for this image, at first it didn´t work, but after clearing nvram the Ozmosis was set up, but unfortunately when I try to boot osx partition it hangs and verbose mode shows it stops after mac framework telling Unsyncronized TSC for CPU1 & CPU3 + Unknowd CPU Family, RTC Only sing - which seems like it would need VoodooTSCsync kext or something else to help with speedstep.

If it´s not a secret then maybe you can share your wisdom on how you compiled this rom, crusher? :)

thank you

Attach all kext which you use.

Attach all kext which you use.

http://1drv.ms/1OgPc9r there are some other stuff from my Clover Efi folders + hardware is written down in my signature. It is weird that this speedstep issue is now even present with the ozm1479 build which used to work earlier.

I added DSDT & SSDT-s to EFI/Oz/ACPI/Load & defaults.plist to EFI/Oz/ + loaded the rom with embedded kexts, but unfortunately osx still hangs at the same spot. screenshot here: http://1drv.ms/1l6M6ug

sorry about the blurry screenshot, shaky hands lol

but here I wrote down few interesting lines which seem to tell that the kexts aren't properly loaded or maybe DSDT&SSDT are guiding everything into a freezing. (no working keyboard)

"name" not a kext
"FailedCLUT" not a kext
"FailedImage" not a kext
CFBundleIdentifier missing/invalid type in kext /Library/Extensions/VoodooTSCSync.Rev-?.kext.

VoodooTSCSync issue is present only with the 2nd rom

Ozmosis shell log shows recognition of the CPU (don't know if it is relevant here)

maybe there is something about x79 & x99 chipset with LGA2011 socket being not present on a real Mac hardware that makes them more difficult to work with oszmosis...who knows

thank you for your time

It's obviously related to how your Cpu is configured. Disable VT and other unneccessary bios settings. I would remove your osmosis defaults plist file with stock and try a different kind of Mac like iMac 14,2 vs whatever. Also be careful if you have more than one hard drive so a second efi folder isn't messing it up.

Thank you.

I got to insert the generated ssdt in the BIOS.
But speedstep not operate normally.

The best way to arrange your proper and totally funcional ssdt/C&P states at all is to follow posted LINK. It´s for all newer osx.

I solved my C&P states and now i have fully funcional 21 P-states from 0,8GHz-3,1GHz (switched off turbo in BIOS).

Tusskans-iMac:~ tusskan$ bdmesg
-bash: bdmesg: command not found

Download bdmesg with this link and copy to usr/bin

and after type

bdmesg
or
sudo bdmesg > ~/Desktop/bdmesg.text 

I was thinking the same, but deleting them and nvram reset didn't bring any change in the issue...

Bro I now found good kext for your CPU VoodooTSCSync.kext

Sry for before!!!!!

X79UP4.F7-CRU_OZM167X.ROM.zip