• 334 posts
Hardware Signature is SmUUID?
What about System-ID?

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,160 posts

The HardwareSignature key in Ozmosis defaults sets the seed for what ends up being calculated as your Hardware UUID. This is the same as you would do with Clover's SmUUID SMBIOS key and Chameleon's SMsystemuuid SMBIOS key.  One difference is Ozmosis also sets the HardwareSignature key value as DMI table 1 -> UUID where this is not the case with Clover and Chameleon where extra 00’s pad the values.

What is ‘System-ID’?

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
System-id as shown at iMessage Debug.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,160 posts

Then that will be the same as what's in DMI type 1 -> UUID.

Here on my iMac I see the same data:
$ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id

|       "system-id" = <e4XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX69>

DMI Type 1 (From DarwinDumper)
System Information
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Product Name: iMac11,3
Version: 1.0
Serial Number: 00000000000
UUID: E4XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX69
Wake-up Type: Power Switch
SKU Number: Not Specified
Family: iMac

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Clover can only actually inject system-id

Hardware uuid is calculated from system-id. If you inject the same system-id to both system, they will have the same Hardware UUID, no matter difference in Serial Number, BSN, ROM, ....

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,173 posts

Clover can only actually inject system-id

Hardware uuid is calculated from system-id. If you inject the same system-id to both system, they will have the same Hardware UUID, no matter difference in Serial Number, BSN, ROM, ....

Can inject and can not inject. I live without it.

slice$ ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id
 slice$ 

thedubiousdubber

thedubiousdubber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I already started my own thread here, but it's Ozmosis related so I figured I'd post here too. I flashed Ozmosis 1479 on my z77x-ud5h installed Yosemite and got it up and running. I tried using migration assistant to copy over my data and now I get kernel panic. The TM backup was taken from my hack which had 10.10 installed using Clover. I would guess that is what is causing issue but not sure what to do. Please, any and all help is welcome. Thanks!

-picture can be found on my thread i linked to

ThisNameUnavailable

ThisNameUnavailable

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello all. Been lurking for a while and decided to give Oz a go on my GA-Z77N-WIFI. Downloaded a modded bios from the German forum for F3 and the 149x (sorry don't have details in front of me at the moment). Q-Flash went fine but I can't get anything to boot. Vanilla 10.10.1 USB boots very slowly from white logo on black screen and then shows the no parking symbol (still waiting for device). I get the same if I try booting a formally working chimera partition (still has some kexts). I removed the EFI folder from an old Clover attempt just to ensure that I was booting vanilla but I see that there is some reference to EFI/Oz etc. I thought Oz was the boot loader but it still needs to load an EFI partition? Any ideas as to what is up? I also tried doing my own patch with MMTool but get the same no parking symbol result... Finally: tried checking a new build of Oz was up but the site appears offline?
Hmm Oz version on that modded bios was probably 1479.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy