Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

A short story:

One mont ago, ammoune78 decided to leave Ozmosis to try Clover and to leave ROM untouched. The work for the EFI partition was finally done after a day, good, and config.plist with hot patches make the life easier, kexts placed, SSDT's also! Life will be easier for him without problems only, hhhhh,, but what happened is trying to install Sierra and finding other problems beside Config.plist being corrupted, in addition to all working OS X partitions became not bootable. Finally two days with no success, rrrrrrrr!

I don't know but, three disks with 2x10.12.6 and 10.13 had the exact same problem, even if they booted before without any kind of problem. I'm not happy and I don't want to wast my time, the simplest solution are here, yes, OZMOSIS backup, yes I did a backup of my OzmRom, hhhhh, it's simple like HermitCrabs Lab: QUO Your Computer, Your Configuration, Your Choice!!!!!

I already commented before for giving a special thanks for all the OZMOSIS developers and all who they worked on it, today also, I sincerely THANK YOU ALL BECAUSE THIS WORK IS A BEAUTIFUL HARDROCK WORK.

I love you all guys and i wish you all the best  

There is one thing which is really annoying with OZ and apfs. Since OZ won't pick up boot entries for APFS Volumes on it's own you have to manually add them via EFI Shell and bcfg which is not much of a deal except your motherboards NVRAM is not writable at all. One Example my Z77-DS-3H (F10 Firmware) has writeable NVRAM and I am able to add boot entries for HighSierra and The Recovery Partition inside The APFC Container without any issue. Once added they stay persistent until I perform a NVRAM Reset on a QOU AOS the same thing won't work. You can add boot entries as well but as soon as you restart the machine or leave the EFI Shell they are gone.

Any Ideas how to solve this Issue? Or is there even any progress in a way that OZ will detect this entries on it's own?

There is one thing which is really annoying with OZ and apfs. Since OZ won't pick up boot entries for APFS Volumes on it's own you have to manually add them via EFI Shell and bcfg which is not much of a deal except your motherboards NVRAM is not writable at all. One Example my Z77-DS-3H (F10 Firmware) has writeable NVRAM and I am able to add boot entries for HighSierra and The Recovery Partition inside The APFC Container without any issue. Once added they stay persistent until I perform a NVRAM Reset on a QOU AOS the same thing won't work. You can add boot entries as well but as soon as you restart the machine or leave the EFI Shell they are gone.

Any Ideas how to solve this Issue? Or is there even any progress in a way that OZ will detect this entries on it's own?

So, is the Hermitshell included in the Bios published on the Hackintosh-forum.de website? If it's not the case, one would have to make a USB stick with Efi Shell to be able to boot from HS...

It depends on the available space. We try to integrate as much as possible first of all the core files and the APFS driver and if there is enough space left the shell, sensors and stuff like that where we have a priority on the shell. The older Z7X Roms are mostly complete newer ROMS and the B or H flavoured Chipsets may lack the Theme, Shell or both. Don't get me wrong it's not about the ability to boot HighSierra through the shell it's about persistent boot entries. One of the strongest arguments pro OZ is the ease of use which includes that there was no need to take care about boot entries and stuff like that before. Most OZ users are not advanced users they use OZ since it used to work out of the box.

This kind of people don't want to mess around with stuff like shells and boot entries they are not used to it and most of them don't want to learn about it. Prior to HighSierra and APFS it doesn't really matter wether the NVRAM is persistent or not since OZ took care about it and scanned the boot entries on each and every start and added them on the fly with APFS this mechanism broke and if the NVRAM is not persistent you'll end up with no bootable Volume which kind of sucks...

@griven

The way you're talking about for APFS has been disputed, it's somehow difficult to perform it since the last time cecek did a try. You can push the post up by your questions for searching for a solution, but as I think OzDev's don't want to do something for Ozmosis. I use only Oz with no APFS, for me it's enough!

I hope also like you as many of us, we are still waiting :)  ^_^  ! 

@ammoune78 sure you're right the OZ Dev's don't care about anything and that's the only sad thing at the long end...

For me in person it doesn't matter at all since I luckily own a Mobo which offers enough space to insert all the needed stuff and provides writeable and persistent NVRAM as well. All I've got to do is to add a boot entry via HermitShell and i am good to go but that's not my point.

OZ was released as a supplemental BIOS Upgrade for the all-mighty QUO AOS Motherboard and it's kind of ironic that especially the QUO Customers are not able to use their Boards any more since OZ in combination with HighSierra lacks to detect APFS Volumes and even fail to hold manually added boot entries (added via shell with bcfg). In Fact they are forced to use Clover as an alternative since their overpaid solution isn't capable to detect and boot apples latest OS anymore and that is a shame. 

Don't get me wrong it's not about Cecek this guy did everything possible to give OZ life support. He did great things when Sierra pops out (the OZ devs didn't care about it at all but claimed how well OZ was designed that a simple patch is enough to make it run *sigh*) and he did it again when HighSierra pops out and with the KernextPatcher he also added a long  awaited an truly needed feature.  My concerns and/or thoughts about APFS might have been disputed but nevertheless APFS is a real hurdle which needs to be taken if not by the OZ Devs themselves than hopefully by someone else...

• Like 1

Maybe a driver could be written that adds the apfs boot entry automatically? Instead of using a shell. Edk2 kit has a sample app that displays and allow you to change the boot order so maybe with a little alteration you could make it work. Just a thought. Anyhow Oz is eol so anything goes,,

the OZ Dev's don't care about anything and that's the only sad thing at the long end...

You have to know...

(the OZ devs didn't care about it at all but claimed how well OZ was designed that a simple patch is enough to make it run *sigh*) 

Bin-patch an old Clover to work with a new version of macOS, then comment again on this topic.

I suggest you to remove all the FD files from your forum, not a brilliant idea offering such badly supported software from horribly evil devs, eh?

Sure, but I also have all kexts and stuff with APFS inside ROM, I boot with sound and Ethernet with ACPI patched from ROM in audition to writeable nvram. If an APFS file can do the job it will be nice!

I have Guitar on hand and I write with the other, excuse!

Edited by ammoune78

Well @Download-Fritz as you know I am no Coder (at least not as this high level) and as you also know I am a a burning OZ fan which is the main reason why I offer all the FD Files and take care about users who have trouble to use OZ. I do my very best to provide a solution for Users to start with OS-X right away and even though OZ has surely come to age and isn't suitable for modern platforms anymore I take care of all the legacy Users. OZ is still a great alternative for all Users of legacy UEFI Hardware...

You suggested me to remove all the FD Files I offer and sure enough I would love to do so but only under one condition...

If you're able to offer an OZ Version which is capable to boot OSX 10.6.X till recent including HighSierra and APFS support how it´s meant to be by Apple (loaded from FS rather than being part of the ROM) which capable to add boot entries for APFS Volumes on it´s own and which is able to overcome the the NVRAM Issues some boards including the QOU AOS might have (pretty annoying with nvidia cards which use webdrivers) and which adds kernextpatcher functionality as well as Support for Skylake and above and deliver a tool similar to OZMTool which offers a way for interested Users to easily add all this greatness to their ROM.

@Download-Fritz and here is the deal if you and your friends(?) are able to deliver a OZ version, within a timeframe of two weeks starting now, which is capable to do all the things described above and which could be applied to at least one SkyLake, one KabyLake and the Quo AOS Board without any restrictions and of course without the usage of external flash Devices (only the regular mechanisms as QFLASH or EZFLASH are allowed) I will delete the whole OZ related section on hackintosh-forum.de if not, well...

Deal?

@Download-Fritz and here is the deal if you and your friends(?) are able to deliver a OZ version, within a timeframe of two weeks starting now, which is capable to do all the things described above and which could be applied to at least one SkyLake, one KabyLake and the Quo AOS Board without any restrictions and of course without the usage of external flash Devices (only the regular mechanisms as QFLASH or EZFLASH are allowed) I will delete the whole OZ related section on hackintosh-forum.de if not, well...

I am not asking you to remove anything, I am disappointed in you personally and in your hypocrisy, I am wondering why you have the nerves to share the product of a group of people you drop sarcastic comments about here, as well as complaining about its support status... seems to be fine enough that you still offer it. Not only do you personally profit by being able to use it, but also your forum does due to traffic. I don't even have the slightest clue on what way you must be thinking to have the privilege to expect anything to be done for you, rather than enjoying what you have gotten already for literally nothing at all in exchange.

And, oh yeah, APFS... you know what they have said in the Clover thread? ApfsJumpStart doesn't work because of a missing protocol... so, you know what I did? I reversed it, put the header public, as I always do, and offered the entire decompilation into readable C. You know what happend? Literally nothing at all. A 'thank you'? Of course not, but that's neither what I expect nor put much of a value on, because every contributor plays their part the way they want, as much as they want. What I can tell you is that someone complaining that the work done is not immediately usable by anyone not knowing how the stuff they are using and/or complaining about actually works, is not the most motivational thing to a hobbyist, especially not when he is redistributing work he is actually not permited to while still complaining.

C'mon, I'll propose you a new thing: Pay me 300 € just to get ApfsJumpstart working, that might be close to what the work is worth on the market. No interest? Figured. So yeah, wait patiently till someting like that is available, if it will ever be, or get lost.

EDIT: That I only talk about me shall not imply that I'm doing most or even a lot of work, I am not, though everyone is free to share or not share what they are doing.

• Like 5

This thread was made by a hacker. Its 'ilegally' taken from QUO bios get shared for everyone. Im bit late to join the party, whereas fun part is on earliest pages on this thread. I believe Ozmosis designed as professional product, but it seem halted for a while before it reaches their main goal.

And, oh yeah, APFS... you know what they have said in the Clover thread? ApfsJumpStart doesn't work because of a missing protocol... so, you know what I did? I reversed it, put the header public, as I always do, and offered the entire decompilation into readable C. You know what happend? Literally nothing at all. A 'thank you'? Of course not, but that's neither what I expect nor put much of a value on, because every contributor plays their part the way they want, as much as they want.

I get slap this time, sorry DF, Im just too dumb.

About APFS, ATM, why dont we just learn like unsupported mac did? Even real mac, they manually load all required drivers from disk. While most people here refuse to do the same ways.

Here the related contents from dosdude1s script

apfs.zip

• Like 1

Download-Fritz we really shouldn't bother to reply on such people.

@ griven when I read what you are typing, the first sensation is vomit, I wont bother to say more except that AOS board has NO NVRAM issue, probably a dead brain on the other side...

Patience is a virtue, for those who have it, for the others I don't give a f***k.

post-53345-0-38353700-1507635820_thumb.png
00:360 00:000 ScanFileSystem: Started
00:360 00:000 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x4)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,95193594-E380-4A16-9BA9-6E023F10FB3E,0x64028,0x6F68EE0)/VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,4D29C09E3A1AAD41BB27AA5142D853CF)
00:361 00:001  Blessed File   \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
00:362 00:000  Blessed Folder \System\Library\CoreServices
00:377 00:015  Version  \System\Library\CoreServices\SystemVersion.plist 477
00:378 00:000   Product Version   10.13
00:378 00:000   Product Build     17A405
00:380 00:002  Config     90
00:380 00:000  IsBootable 1 IsCoreStorage 0 IsRaid 0 IsRecovery 0
00:380 00:000 Convert 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DarwinDiskTemplate="$label" -> "HighSierra"
00:380 00:000 Matched Boot0000 "HighSierra"
00:380 00:000  PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x4)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,95193594-E380-4A16-9BA9-6E023F10FB3E,0x64028,0x6F68EE0)/VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,4D29C09E3A1AAD41BB27AA5142D853CF)/\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi (0xBE)
00:380 00:000  Options (0x00)
00:380 00:000  Attributes 1
00:380 00:000 ScanFileSystem: Finished
  • Like 5

Hi,

I'm having trouble patching with kernextpatcher. It is installed in Oz and working, but I'm getting following error:

00:100 (00:100) | KernextPatcher (rev 93): Start at 2017.10.10, 17:24:43 (GMT+0)
00:100 (00:000) | Running from: MemoryMapped(0xB,0xC0CA3004,0xC163F003)/FvFile(99665243-5AED-4D57-92AF-8C785FBC7558)
00:102 (00:002) | Loaded Plist: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,5F340E7E-820E-4CF0-9D00-9F4449044B31,0x28,0x64000)\EFI\KernextPatcher.plist
00:102 (00:000) | KextsToPatch: 1 requested
00:102 (00:000) |  - [00]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (remove usb limit) | BinPatch | len: 7
03:980 (03:878) | Found Booter (OS: 10.11 | Ver: 307.40.6)
03:980 (00:000) | Booter Path: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,49EE3CE2-09FE-4050-8C8B-EE91E3750340,0x64028,0xDDFAC40)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
03:983 (00:002) | OSVersion: 10.11.6 | BuildVersion: 15G1611
03:983 (00:000) | KernelAndKextPatcherInit: Start
03:983 (00:000) | Found BootArgs at 0x76AC000
03:983 (00:000) | RelocBase: 0x10A8000
03:983 (00:000) | Found 64Bit kernel at 0x12A8000
03:983 (00:000) | Unsupported kernel version (0.0.0)
03:983 (00:000) | KernelAndKextPatcherInit: End
03:983 (00:000) | KernextPatcher: End

For some reason it doesn't detect kernel version. I ran Kext Utility to rebuild caches and permissions but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Goran

Hi Oz community.

I know that my adding to this hot topic doesn't make anything except wasting CO2, but let me try. I'm using hackintosh for couple years and until i found Oz it was a bid painful, because im not even close to coding or understanding how things work under the hood of a computer. But I obtained OZ for free, not giving a pannny to people who made it, in fact i dont even know who did it and how, where and when, just know that couple people made QUO mb and then, with help of someone's magic i can flash my regular PC bios and use Mac OS with parts i want. Here i found people who literally wasted their time without any reward just to help me make it work. That days when 10.13 beta came out i was chatting with @Kynyo in skype about installing new OS, the guy i didn't even knew, we wore like messaging to each other till dawn about errors we got and etc.

And @ammoune78, he literally made a DSDT for me through team viewer, i was watching it, understanding almost nothing, and he was debugging it online, without any money or favors, just helping me as i didn't knew what to do and how.

And we all know @crusher, the guy who was literally a free helpdesk for OZ, without any money on period of couple years. I even saw him on russian hack forum trying to help people with google translate, once more, he were helping people with batching bios through google translate, on language he not like understand, it's not even close to his native.

All this thing bring faith in humanity, because here we don't have names or thing we must do, everyone do they part, that they chose to do. This community, it's like time machine, because you won't find things like this on any scene in internet in this time. People devote their time without any feedback. 90% it's just "thank you" or even less. So saying "they did it like this, and they should make it like that" - pure concentrated hypocrisy.

Me- im not close to dev's, understanding cycles of updates/releases, but it insults me too, when i read stuff like that. Srsly, this is very bad to think like this, not to mention writing it down. No One should spit in well, because someday you would want to drink some water, and you couldn't, no one would maintain the well.

Thank you, people who made it possible, huge real thank you. My Oz experience, it worth every week that i was trying to make it work, and emotions that were brought with it.

P.S. Just know, that even if someone say some bad things, there are ten times more people who would catch you falling.

• Like 12

For some reason it doesn't detect kernel version. I ran Kext Utility to rebuild caches and permissions but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Usually because of bad BootArgs / RelocBase. Rebuilding caches over and over will not help, instead of restart.

Hi Oz community.

I dont have Skype, and Im jealous :D

//
//   Copyright (c) 2012  Finnbarr P. Murphy.   All rights reserved.
//
//   Set or clear ShellOpt global variable
//

Here my ported of ShellOpt with EDKII. Could be useful to set ShellOpt var, ex: remove "-nostartup" value so we can run "startup.nsh" & do whatever you want there.

ShellOpt.efi.zip

• Like 2

Usually because of bad BootArgs / RelocBase. Rebuilding caches over and over will not help, instead of restart.

I cleared bootargs. Now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>LocationServicesEnabled</key>
	<data>
	AQ==
	</data>
	<key>boot-args</key>
	<string>darkwake=0 keepsyms=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
	<key>csr-active-config</key>
	<data>
	fwAAAA==
	</data>
	<key>fmm-computer-name</key>
	<data>
	aU1hYw==
	</data>
</dict>
</plist>

I also reset ozmosis with command-alt-P-R.

Still getting same error:

00:100 (00:100) | KernextPatcher (rev 93): Start at 2017.10.11, 7:24:31 (GMT+0)
00:100 (00:000) | Running from: MemoryMapped(0xB,0xC0CA3004,0xC163F003)/FvFile(99665243-5AED-4D57-92AF-8C785FBC7558)
00:102 (00:002) | Loaded Plist: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,5F340E7E-820E-4CF0-9D00-9F4449044B31,0x28,0x64000)\EFI\KernextPatcher.plist
00:102 (00:000) | KextsToPatch: 1 requested
00:102 (00:000) |  - [00]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (remove usb limit) | BinPatch | len: 7
03:979 (03:877) | Found Booter (OS: 10.11 | Ver: 307.40.6)
03:979 (00:000) | Booter Path: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,49EE3CE2-09FE-4050-8C8B-EE91E3750340,0x64028,0xDDFAC40)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
03:982 (00:002) | OSVersion: 10.11.6 | BuildVersion: 15G1611
03:982 (00:000) | KernelAndKextPatcherInit: Start
03:982 (00:000) | Found BootArgs at 0x76AC000
03:982 (00:000) | RelocBase: 0x11C6000
03:982 (00:000) | Found 64Bit kernel at 0x13C6000
03:982 (00:000) | Unsupported kernel version (0.0.0)
03:982 (00:000) | KernelAndKextPatcherInit: End
03:982 (00:000) | KernextPatcher: End

Any advice how to fix it?

EDIT:

In bdmesg there are other addresses:

07:168 00:000 Found BootArgs 0xB30A4000 Version 0x2 Revision 0x0
07:168 00:000 Kernel Address      0x000100000 Length 0x0A55B000

Best regards,

Goran

Download-Fritz we really shouldn't bother to reply on such people.

@ griven when I read what you are typing, the first sensation is vomit, I wont bother to say more except that AOS board has NO NVRAM issue, probably a dead brain on the other side...

Patience is a virtue, for those who have it, for the others I don't give a f***k.

00:360 00:000 ScanFileSystem: Started
00:360 00:000 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x4)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,95193594-E380-4A16-9BA9-6E023F10FB3E,0x64028,0x6F68EE0)/VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,4D29C09E3A1AAD41BB27AA5142D853CF)
00:361 00:001  Blessed File   \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
00:362 00:000  Blessed Folder \System\Library\CoreServices
00:377 00:015  Version  \System\Library\CoreServices\SystemVersion.plist 477
00:378 00:000   Product Version   10.13
00:378 00:000   Product Build     17A405
00:380 00:002  Config     90
00:380 00:000  IsBootable 1 IsCoreStorage 0 IsRaid 0 IsRecovery 0
00:380 00:000 Convert 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DarwinDiskTemplate="$label" -> "HighSierra"
00:380 00:000 Matched Boot0000 "HighSierra"
00:380 00:000  PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x4)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(2,GPT,95193594-E380-4A16-9BA9-6E023F10FB3E,0x64028,0x6F68EE0)/VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,4D29C09E3A1AAD41BB27AA5142D853CF)/\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi (0xBE)
00:380 00:000  Options (0x00)
00:380 00:000  Attributes 1
00:380 00:000 ScanFileSystem: Finished

What do you mean but this screenshot? I come to this thread from time to time in hopes there will be an updated version oz.

So, I fixed the mats issue with my Bios/DSDT, but now High Sierra is glitching with FakeSMC, is there a patch for that? and if so, where/what needs to be applied to resolve that glitch?

The system I am working on is the one listed in my sig.

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH, I7-4770K,

16 GIG DDR3, nvidia GTX 750 TI,

250 GB SSD, 1500 gb sata

and a spare 500GB drive for High Sierra until I get it stable enough for daily use.

current config is that the machine is an iMac 14,2

right now I can't get it to boot.

HBP

So, I fixed the mats issue with my Bios/DSDT, but now High Sierra is glitching with FakeSMC, is there a patch for that? and if so, where/what needs to be applied to resolve that glitch?

The system I am working on is the one listed in my sig.

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH, I7-4770K,

16 GIG DDR3, nvidia GTX 750 TI,

250 GB SSD, 1500 gb sata

and a spare 500GB drive for High Sierra until I get it stable enough for daily use.

current config is that the machine is an iMac 14,2

right now I can't get it to boot.

HBP

Read this: #5039 post, use Clover Configurator to update your 14,2 date and S/N version for your OzmosisDefaults, and post screenshots before and after, to know if really FakeSMC make glitch

Edited by ammoune78