Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Aha :) I dont have unlocked NVRAM on my latest bios.

Because the older one with NVRAM Unlocked my CPU is not supported, so cant boot up the computer.

I saw a post here about add the SMBIOS data directly inside the BIOS. Will this work with 828M?

Yes, normally it will work, it's here: http://www.insanelym...osis/?p=2016498, you have to follow the screen to do it and it's simple!

Well, if i use /EFI/Quo/ my point to use Ozmosis is gone. I just want to have everyting i need to get it boot in the bios.

Well, you are wrong. You and anyone else that think this way has no idea of what you're talking about.

Well, you are wrong. You and anyone else that think this way has no idea of what you're talking about.

Really? So i cant boot up osx with edited smbios to the bios, emulate fake SMC, then install the kexts i need for trim etc later? 

Yes, you can do all of that. You can install and use Oz however you want. I was offering a solution to your current problem.

My frustration comes from people thinking there is some difference in using ESP vs Bios. It reminds of noobs saying they don't want to install patched kexts to Extensions.. Oz from ESP has it's own merits. People have come to this misconception that oz is only worth using from firmware and this is not true, they simply don't know any better. Quo/ folder is created for a reason and imho should be a preferred place to keep whats needed for easy control of your boot manager. Changing defaults/experimenting with different smbios, editing/changing kexts, changing/adding boot args and future changes to dsdt/ssdt all done without reflashing your bios each and every time seems a little bit smarter to me. And as a reminder, files kept in ESP do take precedence over files installed in firmware. The choice is up to the user but don't think there is some special advantage or something extra gained from using Ozmosis from firmware only.

• Like 1

Friends. So this new version, I can change the "framebuffer" for video cards from AMD? 

Use a Radeon HD 7750 and "framebuffer": "Dashimaki", ATIports = 4. 

Using SMBIOS iMac 13.1. 

I can not prepare the modification of my Bios. Is giving error. 

Some friends could prepare a modified bios for my system? 

These are my files: Jorge.zip

Just need the essential files Ozmosis and also added in NVRAM Bios, since my NVRAM is not unlocked. Nothing kext, with the exception of FakeSMC. 

I thank you.

Friends. So this new version, I can change the "framebuffer" for video cards from AMD? 

Use a Radeon HD 7750 and "framebuffer": "Dashimaki", ATIports = 4. 

Using SMBIOS iMac 13.1. 

I can not prepare the modification of my Bios. Is giving error. 

Some friends could prepare a modified bios for my system? 

These are my files: attachicon.gifJorge.zip

Just need the essential files Ozmosis and also added in NVRAM Bios, since my NVRAM is not unlocked. Nothing kext, with the exception of FakeSMC. 

I thank you.

Check one of the Defaults I linked, they both show an amd framebuffer. 

or if you want to set with nvram:

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AtiFramebuffer=Dashimaki

if i'd used Ozmosis on my board z87m-d3h

is necessary user another boot loader clover or chameleon ?

i am thinking about it.

I would recommend to not keep Oz and Clover in the same ESP. It would be wise to always keep a usb with either boot manager pre configured for backup just in case of any problems.

Check one of the Defaults I linked, they both show an amd frame buffer. 

I would recommend to not keep Oz and Clover in the same ESP. It would be wise to always keep a usb with either boot manager pre configured for backup just in case  of any problems.

I checked friend. In the file you posted. The problem is that I've tried to modify my bios to Ozmosis, but without success. 

A forum member here did for me with the previous version of Ozmosis (894). Only the "framebuffer" was not right for my video card, getting "black" screen, but with signal.

This is amazing.  Just finished installing it to my P9X79 PRO.

One questions--how do I pass boot args to the OS?  Edit the com.apple.boot.plist?  Somewhere else?  My motherboard needs npci=0x2000 to boot up, so I get the Apple loading screen, but then it just fades and restarts.

O got the same question.