voodooHDA alc269 loses sync over time.

SixString

21 posts in this topic

Hi there, i have seen questions like mine but no answer but i hope to get one now :)

Running ML 10.8.4 on a Toshiba L850 and got everything working except wifi and sound. Wifi i know there is no solution right now but the audio....

Now i got voodooHDA 2.8.4 running (alc269) and it works fine for a couple of minutes then it slowly start to distort, like it loses sync or something. If i in audio/midi setup change samplerate or bits 16/24 the sound resets and play nice again for a couple of minutes. Anyone that have found a solution to that prob?

There is an easy way to get it to work. You should use latest Chameloen or Enoch bootloader (here in Downloads) and install the hda enabler module. You have to choose Layout-ID 12 (0x0C) in audiosection for the audiokexts of Freeuser16.

Have fun.

Yep, it's better to use AppleHDA for ALC269, at least on Toshiba L850. I couldn't make VoodooHDA work correctly, although I tried many times before. But modified AppleHDA works good, even with HDMI sound.

Another way to avoid DSDT edits is to use Clover bootloader and add these lines to config:

* In ACPI section: FixDsdtMask=0x8091

* In PCI section: HDAInjection=12

Also if there is no sound after sleep, use patched IOAudioFamily from my post. If built-in microphone stops working randomly, change its frequency to 48kHz in AudioMIDI settings.

For HDMI sound you need DSDT edits I think.

S/L/E is the only place, where kexts have to go in ML.

Bootloader has also the option to enable hdmi sound. Just play a little around. Perhaps it works, if you have gfx output on hdmi.

At first you should try the same ID as for AppleHDA.

Have fun.

@Sixstring

I yôu have your Radeoncard with QE/CI (translucend menubar) working, deselect the before mentioned hdmi audio and select in bootloader activate hcmi audio for ATI card. You must also be able to boot with graphicsenabler= yes. Ifear, that you get only a vesa screen in bootloader defined size on your display. To get your Radeon working, freeuser16 is the specalist for this. I think, if you ask him politely for help, he will support you in getting up your Radeon.

@freeuser

Sixstring got his AppleHda working with hda-enabler of Chameleon.

Have fun.

how to enable alc269 in mavericks mac with clover bootloader?

my mac recognize alc269 when i enabled fix sound in dsdt in clover bootloader but not work (not work my laptop internal speaker and mic and i cant decrease and

increase volume...)

i installed AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext (4072-AppleHDA)  and AppleHDA.kext

37099439559900397970.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i final note in this topic since i now have working sound both internal and HDMI. I only got HDMI sound to work after using DSDT instead of bootloader options.

I used kexts from http://applelife.ru/...amd7670m.39673/

Extracted DSDT and patched with toledas "hdmi_audio_laptop_03_hd4000_editing_kit", had to change

"AAPL,ig-platform-id", \n

Buffer (0x04) \n
                { \n
                   0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 \n"
to
""AAPL,ig-platform-id", \n
                Buffer (0x04) \n
                { \n
                   0x0C, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 \n"

Also i had to edit intelframebuffercapri binary from

04 06 00 00 00 04 00 00 81 00 00 00

to

04 06 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

Everything was in the  toledas "hdmi_audio_laptop_03_hd4000_editing_kit"

Toshiba Satellite L850-vv

i7

HD4000

Alc269

• 2 months later...

I've got a similar problem where audio is good for a couple a minutes then gets distorted incrementally until it gets silent. If i change the sample rate

from 44100hz or whatever it was it will play again then same thing happens. I'm using IDT 92HD81B1X in a hp pavilion dv6-6157ea, any

help would be highly appreciated and thanks in advance. Forgot to mention I'm running 10.8.5. ML with voodoohda 2.8.2 and i've tries a few more

versions