Download Mountain Lion on Hackintosh that doesn't meet PROC requirements

Gazoo

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Quick (possibly silly) question:

I have a wonderful Hackintosh (MSIWind) that is functioning flawlessly on SnowLeopard 10.6.8 but feel that it's time to invest in a new system (to work with newest dev SDK mostly) and would like to download Mountain Lion to create the install USB to begin my new build adventures.

Unfortunately, my Wind does not meet the PROC requirements that the App Store looks for prior to download so it wont let me download the .dmg file.

Is there a mod that will allow me to pretend my Wind has PROC of sufficient capability in order to pull the download from the App Store.  I'd rather not have to schlep around looking for a friend/acquaintance/total stranger with a Mac capable of completing the download.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

There used to be a way to fake CPU type with Chameleon, not sure if you can still do that. It's a flag in /Extra.org.Chameleon.boot.plist or smbios.plist. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Not sure how (or if) this will affect your install though or if it's even possible to do that in conjunction with whatever patches you're using to run OS X on an Atom CPU.

The easiest way would be to log in to your Apple account from a real Mac or other Hackintosh and simply download the installer there.