* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 2,005 posts

FYI, I used 'lspci -nn' and got the following output for my HD4000 (Dell Latitude E6430):

VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Ivy Bridge Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)

I was assuming this would translate to device 01660009 and therefore I would be able to use IntelCapriFB=9.  Didn't work.  I tried all of the other values and surprisingly, "4" worked for me.  So either the rev number has nothing to do with the platformID (in which case I wonder how you determine what the platformID is short of trying all 12 options) or something isn't working with entering the number. 

Regardless, it's great that IntelCapriFB does get my video card working!  Thanks for the feature! 

Intel Corporation Ivy Bridge Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)

(rev 09is a "revision number 9°", nothing to do with ig-platform :).

How to find the right?

write .. ones value ==> reboot ==> see if work.
If you receive a black screen, ==> start with -x flag at boot time (so without QE/CI), ==> change the value ==> reboot again ..

:)

cavallo

cavallo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

I updated to Maverick DP7 partition (the 2nd one). I had a panic  caused by AppleintelCpuMan.kext, so i went to ML and i cancelled the kext. So i reinstalled Graphic kexts of my IGPU (the ones on forum downlaod section) .

Now i tell tell you something interesting.

First updating i have tried somethings:

a) as the bios of my laptop let me do i can choose display to boot and one by one worked HDMI-laptop nd VGA.

B) I tried also laptop display with vga output (nothnig) and with HDMI which had on both Hp22iIps hd display and Lenovo one all resolutions (1080p etc) and from 1920x1080 to 800x600.

To be correct i tell you that i have done a lot  (very lot of tries) with all possible solutions reported on various guides.

I don't know if QE is totally enabled with DP7 cause i had also Imovie (correcting a problem with various graphic cards) and i dvd so i don't know if its working way is done by its update or DP7 update. DVDplayer still doesn't work (error -70017)

ktbos

ktbos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Intel Corporation Ivy Bridge Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)

(rev 09is a "revision number 9°", nothing to do with ig-platform :).

How to find the right?

write .. ones value ==> reboot ==> see if work.
If you receive a black screen, ==> start with -x flag at boot time (so without QE/CI), ==> change the value ==> reboot again ..

:)

Wow, okay, so trial and error it is.  Very tedious.  Fortunately, you can do it without the -x boot by leaving it out of the boot plist and entering it at the boot prompt like IntelCapriFB=4   That will make trial and error twice as fast! 

The IntelCapriFB option (and the other two) are indented under the VBIOS option in the Chameleon help.  That appears to imply that the VBIOS option is needed for IntelCapriFB to work?  What about GraphicsEnabler?  I put the VBIOS=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=Yes into the boot plist so I wouldn't have to type them every time when testing. 

Also, FYI, my DSDT had a patch in it for GFX that was preventing this option from working.  Before using Chameleon's IntelCapriFB option, I was getting the text hanging before the login screen because the DSDT was specifying a platformID that was incorrect.  After removing the DSDT patch (and otherwise modified AppleIntelFramebuffer.kext), then booting gave me the black screen.  That's when I was able to begin testing different PlatformID numbers with Chameleon. 

cavallo

cavallo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

That's what happened connecting laptop to external duplicated monitor.

Fantastic. Now the only problem is DVDapp that's not recognized (error -70017)

Attached Files

• Attached File  pic.jpg   97.89KB   23 downloads

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

.......Now the only problem is DVDapp that's not recognized (error -70017)

First, before you run the script in attachment, you have, because of having gotten an error by trying to use an external DVD, copy the untouched DVDplayerframework from your install device to your install on HD and repair permissons. After that reboot with flag -f and try to backup the framework with first script of attachment in terminal and than do the patch. After that repair permissions and reboot once more with flag -f. If everything has gone well, you should have DVDplayer working. The perlscript is for ML. I do not really know, if it is working in 10.9.

Have fun.

Attached Files

cavallo

cavallo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

First, before you run the script in attachment, you have, because of having gotten an error by trying to use an external DVD, copy the untouched DVDplayerframework from your install device to your install on HD and repair permissons. After that reboot with flag -f and try to backup the framework with first script of attachment in terminal and than do the patch. After that repair permissions and reboot once more with flag -f. If everything has gone well, you should have DVDplayer working. The perlscript is for ML. I do not really know, if it is working in 10.9.

Have fun.

Thanks a lot. I will try tomorrow. The dependency of DVD playback is not on absence/presence  of QE?

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 2,005 posts

Wow, okay, so trial and error it is.  Very tedious.  Fortunately, you can do it without the -x boot by leaving it out of the boot plist and entering it at the boot prompt like IntelCapriFB=4   That will make trial and error twice as fast! 

This was taken for granted, but to do this you have to remember the key (case sensitive) and the value, knowing that the InjectIntel-ig key (with HEX values) if present in o.c.b.p... takes precedence over everything, and if you type IntelCapriFB or IntelAzulFB at boot time will be ignored anyway :)

The IntelCapriFB option (and the other two) are indented under the VBIOS option in the Chameleon help.  That appears to imply that the VBIOS option is needed for IntelCapriFB to work?  What about GraphicsEnabler?  I put the VBIOS=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=Yes into the boot plist so I wouldn't have to type them every time when testing. 

I do not think if you read the GPU bios will help, especially for all new laptops, which have included it in the motherbord Bios.
GraphicsEnabler is obviously necessary (always) to use these keys.

If you want there are also these useful keys:

SkipIntelGfx=Yes

SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes.

SkipAtiGfx=Yes.

to skip the auto detection of others video card present in your System, when you are using GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Micky 

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Thanks a lot. I will try tomorrow. The dependency of DVD playback is not on absence/presence  of QE?

If QE/CI is working and you have an external DVD, I think so, because of SMBios MBP 13", then it is the frameware. I had this issue on mine too, but I cann't remember the error code anymore. If this does not work, just replace with backuped framework.

Have fun.

cavallo

cavallo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

I have internal dvd...i am sure that QE is not working cause Final cut X crashes and probably also DVD app

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,252 posts

Hi...

great Micky1979....

just tailored to my new Haswell,the cheaper one..non ''S'4340 I think..

and a AsRock H87M...

c.frio

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

thats it done  :thumbsup_anim:  :D  :P  this is my pic !

for my new Hackintosh just build today GA Z87D3H / i7 4770k /16 gig RAM 1600 mhz /psu Antec 750w

everything is perfect LOL  f6 bios original  :)

Graphics card is on the Locker    :hysterical:  :D

thank you so much ErmaC / Micky / bcc9 /  and the ALL CHAMELEON TEAM  for the great work   B)  :whistle:

My boot plist  here 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...rtyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>8</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>no</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

1_copi10.jpg

218.png

312.png

414.png

611.png

511.png

710.jpg

geek10.jpg

811.jpg

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

Now I am test my Geforce Zotac 610 2 gig  an very big surprise  B)  :whistle:

to Graphics gpu  full QE/CI   :D  :thumbsup_anim:

120.png
220.png

Picasso

Picasso

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

thats it done :thumbsup_anim: :D :P this is my pic !
for my new Hackintosh just build today GA Z87D3H / i7 4770k /16 gig RAM 1600 mhz /psu Antec 750w
everything is perfect LOL f6 bios original :)

Graphics card is on the Locker :hysterical: :D
thank you so much ErmaC / Micky / bcc9 / and the ALL CHAMELEON TEAM for the great work B) :whistle:
My boot plist here

Christ, for you hardware you geek bench and other test it's low. I have the same and I get 18.000. Check you configurations!

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

Christ, for you hardware you geek bench and other test it's low. I have the same and I get 18.000. Check you configurations!

picasso :) ok thanks Iam going to cheek   ;)

picasso  what is your bios  setting  ??

Picasso

Picasso

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

picasso :) ok thanks Iam going to cheek   ;)

picasso  what is your bios  setting  ??

Default Settings! 

I don't know how to manage the CPUPowerManagment, maybe it's there the difference. I don't touch that things because I don't understand too much that part.

eranj

eranj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>

How do I know what which value I should type in "IntelAzulFB"? I have 4770k and Gigabyte H87-D3H.

ham4ever

ham4ever

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

How do I know what which value I should type in "IntelAzulFB"? I have 4770k and Gigabyte H87-D3H.

just try from 1 to 15 till u get succesful boot 

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Do you guys know how to convert these values for clover?

hansei

hansei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I'm a bit lost. What's an injector? Can someone tell me what do I need to do to make the HD2500 work well? :?

I have a Z77-DS3H v1.1 motherboard with an i5 3570 (not K) processor. In "System Report > Graphics/Displays" it says "No Kext Loaded".

I've tried downloading the latest version of Chameleon and adding IntelCapriFB to the Chameleon bootlist with no luck. I've tried all posibilites from 1 to 11, having "GraphicsEnabler" set to "yes". I'm missing something.

Picasso

Picasso

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

What I am doing wrong?

I Have a z87x-ud5h with i74770K, 

660 ti

latest Cmamaleon

I have 10.8.5 working perfect in my system

I change bios to ICPX, 

I put GE= Yes

IntelAzulFB= 1 to 15

I can't get more than apple screen

Any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy