• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

Not your average black guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hey guys, I'm going to upgrade my Phenom II X6 1075T to a FX-8320 8-Core Black Edition soon, I was wondering if anyone with this CPU or anything close to this one has had any problems with it on OS X. Also, if it would be possible to keep my current installation when I make the switch? Thanks.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

I think the current AMD kernels for ML support all arches, so you won't need a FX-specific patch. It's rather unfortunate you have a 6xx nVidia card, otherwise you could have an awesome Lion 10.7.5 installation, with full QE/CI support, instead of waiting patiently for a 10.8 fix.

All the best!

P.S.: going to move this to the help topic in a couple of minutes...

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

Not your average black guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I think the current AMD kernels for ML support all arches, so you won't need a FX-specific patch. It's rather unfortunate you have a 6xx nVidia card, otherwise you could have an awesome Lion 10.7.5 installation, with full QE/CI support, instead of waiting patiently for a 10.8 fix.

All the best!

P.S.: going to move this to the help topic in a couple of minutes...

Yeah i bought the card without researching how much problems it would give me on OS X, but it's still an ok hackintosh build. Thanks for the response!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy