GeForce GTS 250 black screen

mshatkus

11 posts in this topic

So my initial thought was that the black screen was due to updating to 10.6.8.  I have tried everything I could find on the internet for tricks to fix this black screen.  I finally said forget it let me try installing a fresh 10.6 (with a fresh HDD) and just follow a guide.  So I installed a new 1TB blank HDD. I went into the BIOS to set the normal settings (AHCI...yada) and before I could even finish there was screen went black.  Which right there it cannot be from the result of updating to 10.6.8 (o yeah before trying the new HDD, I removed the CMOS battery to erase all settings to start fresh).  So this leads me to believe I had a hardware problem.  Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be or how to troubleshoot this.

I thank you in advance

I have not, but do you think that could be possibility?  I mean my most recent troubleshooting I flash the bios, re-did all typical BIOS settings and had a HDD that was blank and still got a black screen even before I finished the BIOS settings

• 3 weeks later...

My video card is dual DVI and yes I have tried both.  Same result.  Also it's not a faulty monitor becuase I have tried multiple. Even my master bedroom TV (40" Samsung LCD) connected with DVI to HDMI and same result.  I have not tried booting into safe mode yet, but will try that tonight.

Thanks for all the input

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lefandegta

Hi,

I've got the same video card (GTS 250) which works perfectly under 10.6.8.

I'm trying to install Mavericks now, Chameleon works good, I've got no kernel panics.

The problem is: at the end of the loading part the screen goes black (which is normal) but instead of waking up to OS X Installer after 2 or 3 seconds it just stays black and says no signal...

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

lefandegta,

have you tried all of your graphics cards connectors?

I have had the very same problem when installing Mavericks. Black screen and no signal on both of my workplace TFTs connected by DVI and VGA.

When I connected the PC to my TV by HDMI the installer screen showed up.

Unfortunately have not found a solution for this...

Hi

I am running Acer 8940G with Mavericks GM on one Hard Disk fully functioning Graphics NVIDIA GTS250m utilizing Geforce Kexts.

On the other Hard Disk I am running Mavericks directly downloaded and installed (Vanilla) I added all the Geforce Kexts from DP9-GM plus booting with PCIRootUID=0 and got graphics Full HD only problem now is that neither Quicktime nor VLC or any other video player plays any type of video file the apps just crash. graphics and everything else runs like a charm.