myHack USB Drive won't boot...

4 posts in this topic

Hi Community,

I've read a lot of tutorials for setting up Mac OS X on my Lenovo G780 Laptop and invested many hours for just getting to boot ML in VMware to get a bootable ML USB Drive with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. UB always responded with the error message "Installation failed", so I took myHack to get things done.

Now I was able to boot from the Drive but got stuck in savemode at "no internal fround for using 8000000". I used GUID Partition Table for my USB Drive and started in Legacy and UEFI Mode. Trying different bootflags also doesn't solve my Problem.

Could anybody please help me, do get my little dream done?

I'm sorry if my english isn't always correct :).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Community,

I've read a lot of tutorials for setting up Mac OS X on my Lenovo G780 Laptop and invested many hours for just getting to boot ML in VMware to get a bootable ML USB Drive with #####. UB always responded with the error message "Installation failed", so I took myHack to get things done.

Now I was able to boot from the Drive but got stuck in savemode at "no internal fround for using 8000000". I used GUID Partition Table for my USB Drive and started in Legacy and UEFI Mode. Trying different bootflags also doesn't solve my Problem.

Could anybody please help me, do get my little dream done?

I'm sorry if my english isn't always correct :).

Hello, from my experience if you are using ML distros such as iatkos and ipc then UB will give you the installation failed. Also make sure that you are using the correct UB, let's just say you are using Lion MB with ML it will not work. What distro/clean version of OS X are you using?

• 4 weeks later...