what i7 laptop ?

nota33133

4 posts in this topic

With the price tags of most i7 lappies, why not a MacBook Pro, even a refurbished one for that matter (the 2011 and newer models, perhaps also late 2010)?

OSX86 laptops are not even close to be as dependable and reliable as Apple's offerings, and are worthy only for the challenge of making them work, or in the lower end category, where there's no Apple devices to compete with.

All the best!

I am seeing i7 laptops in the $500-700 sale range now as sale items

a real pro is 1500++++ and up or about double even used for the newer i7s

granted those are lower spec units at 500 to 700

but I think I can buy a intel laptop NEW for way less then a used pro

with the same spec chips screen ect

But not even close in OSX performance. That's a matter of choice: spending less or having the full OSX experience. If it's for fun, choose the former. But for serious work and needing OSX to perform it, even an used MacBook Pro or Air will be way better that any other option. Laptops are not like custom desktops, where you can choose the appropriate parts and build a hack as stable as an iMac but faster and cheaper.

All the best!