Black screen on ML 10.8.4 installation

Newnick

11 posts in this topic

Hello, insanelymac users! I'm addressing you with a sort of urgent problem with my Mac OS X installation. The problem is that I'm loading Chameleon on my PC just okay, after picking my mac volume I see that HFS+ files are loading. After they finished loading, there must be another bunch of texts but it isn't appearing. I see a black screen instead. Here is the video of what exactly happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_1Gx6qSbQ8

The configuration of my computer:

I need an advice on how to run Mac OS X (no matter 10.8 or 10.9) on the PC with the configuration like that. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I cannot get my GT220 work with Haswell board either. On my board (asrock h87m-pro4) only 10.8.4 patched is booting and only with integrated GPU. When I put my GT220 in, it boots but I am getting black screen (and I believe GraphicsEnabler=no/yes has no effect). There is no option in BIOS to disable integrated GPU (just a way to enable PCIe video card) and I am afraid this may have something to do with that. Any idea what I might be missing?

GT220 was working fine for me for years with non-Haswell boards with retail installs, so my assumption that it is natively supported...

On my nforce hack, I had the same issue (different nvidia card though), and a dsdt injection was required to get it to boot without a blank screen. I'm not 100% sure which patch it was since verdant did it for me, but I believe this is the one you need: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/inject-your-nvidia-fermi-and-quadro-graphic-card-into-a-dsdt/ . EFI string should work too, but in my case it did not. You should be able to either boot with -x, or if that doesn't work, temporarily move all the nvidia kexts out of the extensions folder, that's what I had to do.