Can't boot off HDD boot-loader, strange text appears

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just installed iAtkos ML3 (ML 10.8.3) onto my desktop and got it working fine once it's booted. The problem is booting.

Using the USB stick I used to install iAtkos, I can use whatever bootloader came with the iAtkos USB stick to boot, and everything works fine (except sleep mode, but I doubt that's relevant).

When I try and boot from the bootloader on the HDD I installed OSX on, however, I get this text when trying to boot...

936b808682525a602ef6e1751d855025f1cfdf68

I've tried installing other boot loaders to no avail, exactly the same thing each time :(

Any ideas for a fix?

All replies are greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Luke

Sorry, the picture you posted is broken for me... Is it the boot0 error? If so it's because it's a 4kb sector hard drive. http://myhack.sojugarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=275

Thanks for the response! :)

Could be, but it doesn't say error anywhere. It says:

"Boot0: GPT

Boot0: Test

Boot0: Test

Boot0: Done" 

which I assume means there were no errors, and then after that there's a bunch of random text.

I'll re-upload the image :) http://i.imgur.com/YinLifL.png

YinLifL.png

EDIT - Oh, and I doubt it's the HDD because the HDD I installed it to is one I salvaged from my old iMac, and formatted in the disk tool in the OSX installer.

Yeah that's the error I was referring to. Basically this happens with newer "advanced format" aka 4k sector hard drives, which a lot of newer drives are. I've had the same problem with a lot of drives. Chameleon doesn't handle them properly so you have to manually write boot1h to do drive and specify a 4k block sector. So you have a few options:1. Follow the instructions in the link to manually write boot1h to the drive2. Use clover bootloader instead of chameleonOr 3. I'm pretty sure MyFix included in MyHack has an automatic fix for this.

Edit: sorry Luke, I assumed you had the same error because of the boot0 thing, but since it doesn't actually say error I believe you're right and it's a different problem. Can you post your specs?

Edit 2: This looks like the solution to your problem: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285599-chameleon-stuck-at-boot0done-with-hd-7770-on-1083/ otherwise try putting your graphics card into a different slot or if you have integrated graphics try setting them as primary. I Googled boot0: done scrambled text and found several different links referring to your exact issue. All of them were with an ati 7xxx card.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's the error I was referring to. Basically this happens with newer "advanced format" aka 4k sector hard drives, which a lot of newer drives are. I've had the same problem with a lot of drives. Chameleon doesn't handle them properly so you have to manually write boot1h to do drive and specify a 4k block sector. So you have a few options:1. Follow the instructions in the link to manually write boot1h to the drive2. Use clover bootloader instead of chameleonOr 3. I'm pretty sure MyFix included in MyHack has an automatic fix for this.

Edit: sorry Luke, I assumed you had the same error because of the boot0 thing, but since it doesn't actually say error I believe you're right and it's a different problem. Can you post your specs?

Edit 2: This looks like the solution to your problem: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285599-chameleon-stuck-at-boot0done-with-hd-7770-on-1083/ otherwise try putting your graphics card into a different slot or if you have integrated graphics try setting them as primary. I Googled boot0: done scrambled text and found several different links referring to your exact issue. All of them were with an ati 7xxx card.

Sure, I'm using a 3570K @ stock, 8GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600Mhz, a Sapphire 7970 Vapor X, and a GIGABYTE Z77-D3H. It all worked flawlessly with 10.8.2 :)

Than you very much for the link, looks like a jackpot, will try now! :)

Cheers,

Luke

Sorry it took me so long to reply, by the way :P

• 4 months later...