1 reply to this topic

Ingwie Phoenix

Ingwie Phoenix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:PHP, DJ, Drums, Tinkering&Tuning of technical devices

Oh yeah, the ever-frustrating brightness, is it not? ._.

So I tried a BUNCH of topics to solve my issue - here are the links to each:

In Topic: [Guide] Backlight + Brightness for Intel 8086:0046 (1st gen HD) (GMA 5700MHD)

In Topic: ACPI Backlight Driver

In Topic: ACPIBrightness level Fix problem

...result? Zero.

My PNLF device exists, and works, and changes brightness...without a kext. BUT. It stays incredibly dark. Only when my screen wakes,  from sleep, it suddenly decides to work again...errrrm, yeah? >.>

So, in the second link, I just recently posted my DSDT, though I realized I have a duplicate of the _DSM method...I might reupload my DSDT at some point and put a link into my signature. Whatever.

Anybody who can give me a working solution would be a hero in my eyes.

Im not too dumb to work with scripts and learned to understand my DSDT. But I am still new on that one.

Regards, Ingwie

hoanglan87

hoanglan87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

May I ask you about this problem? Have you fixed this yet? My hackintosh has same problem, need go to sleep everytime to have full brightness!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intel, graphics, hd, 4000, backlight, acpi, kext, patch, dsdt, laptop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy