Old timer back on the scene, requires assistance!

11 posts in this topic

Hi people...

I've built several hacks over the years, but have been out of the game for a while after owning some proper macs. You know what it's like - you leave something alone for a little while, and things move on - and before you know it your a noob once again!

Here's my hardware:

Asrock X79 EXTREME4-M X79 Socket 2011

Asus GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II OC 2GB

G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX - 16Gb in Quad Channel

Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz Socket 2011

I can get a little way into the booting process, after recognising the CPU, it hangs on PCI Configuration.

I've downloaded the MyHack tool from RampageDev, but I'm guessing the issue is down to some missing kexts.

Can anyone shed any light?

When I'm home, I'll take a pic of the booting screen for more info.

Cheers

OK - So that has helped to get past the PCI configuration hang.

Now is doing a mach reboot on something after allocating the install ramdisks. Problem is the machine reboots way to fast for me to see what it's borking on!

I'll see if I can get a pic.

At least I'm getting a bit further through the boot process!

Hey Rampage, thanks!

I now get to the install screen, but very oddly it will only to that (using the boot flags you mention above) if I do not do a verbose boot. If I add -v, it never gets to the installer screen. Omit the -v, and it will!

Thanks for the help guys - much appreciated.

Installer seems to be very sluggish though - any ideas?

Install completed, cpus=1 fixed the sluggish installer.

Now that I'm booting successfully into OS X, I need a working kext for Ethernet and how to get multicore support?

I'll be able to find a kext for the ethernet - it's the multicore I don't know how to sort(?)

• 2 months later...