Can't boot after successfully installation

kordon

26 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to install osx to my computer and I could install it successfully without any problems. I even haven't to add any arguments to boot up the installation process.

But after the installation, osx just doesn't want to boot.

When I boot up in verbose mode, I see its loading and make the whole thing witch it has to do, but then it just doesn't go further. The only error I get is that my CPU is an unknown model 0x3

I read that I have to start with dart=0 at this error but it didn't help. I also turned vt-d off in my bios settings.

Anyway it doesn't boot.

One time after the boot process it comes to a black screen and hanged there.

Hopefully maybe you have an idea?

My hardware:

Motherboard: asrock ZH77 pro 3

CPU: intel core i5 3570 ivy bridge

Graphic: GeForce 660GTX (Kepler card)

4GB DDR3 RAM

If I forgot anything pls tell me and sorry for my English.

boot with -s 

mount /

mkdir kext_backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv ATI* GeForce* NVDA* AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntel*/kext_backup

cd  /System/Library/Caches

rm -rf *

shutdown  lnk

boot with your usbinstaller and open Terminal app, then mount your disk, now put this

cd /Volumes/ name_your-Disk

mkdir kext_backup

cd /Volumes/your_disk/System/Library/Extensions

mv ATI* GeForce* NVDA* AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntel*/kext_backup

cd  /System/Library/Caches

rm -rf *

shutdown  lnk

MBR or GPT..? i had ur problem first in GPT, ie, stuck at the apple logo. then i reinstalled with MBR, and combining my above steps, worked for me. Although i had to launch the installation with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No .

hey, did u fixed the OS X installtion by going to terminal.? i followed this guide :- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

"3.B Fixing the OS X install

1. From the installer go to Utilities and Terminal.
2. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
3. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
4. Type reboot
NOTE: Include the quotes in the lines above. This assumes your install partition is called “OS X” as I said above. If for whatever reason you called it something else replace “OS X” with whatever you called it."

That's what iFire already told. I tried that with all the kext and with that advise I came to the mouse-cursor. Before that I even couldn't see the cursor, Got a panic without starting in verbose mode and stucked after the IOBluetooth... log, when I booted in verbose mode.

• 3 weeks later...

on your mobo you have a setting  for sata/esata  controllers to ide/ahci mode use ahci mode, hpet 64 bit mode, hpet support yes, dis-able iEEE1394 in your bios settings, remove usb 3 and bluetooth kexts.

then see if you boot ok.