HP 655 Sound Problem

Millen1981

2 posts in this topic

I have a hp 655 laptop and i have tried installing many distros of osx but i can only install 10.5.7 and update it to 10.5.8 but i have no sound.

Is it possible to get sound out on that computer, i really dont need inport sound just out will be great but i really don't know what kext to use. I think its a realtek had audio chip but i could be wrong. I have tried an ac97 kext and one voodoo hda and another one that had only out ports but none of them have worked. So if someone knows what audio chip it is it would be great. Maybe its some of the alc888 or 762 etc etc i really dont know. So if someone knows it would be great.

Hello.

Try enter in "Midi Configuration" and select your out-put, general is Green Rear. But you need have VoodooHDA installed or other audio kext installed, i recommend VoodooHDA because it is more compatible with many codecs.

If this not work, maybe you have an audio kext installed, so remove it and install a VoodooHDA for Leopard.

Enter here and download one: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

There have many ways to solution many problems.

When you install distros, you have to choose your audio,video and others kexts, but every time i recommend don't chosse audio and video kext.

Install Distro is very boring so i recommend you do an retail install.

Any issues back post and sorry for my english.