60 replies to this topic

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

OK, I´m glad you get all working.

Did you check HDMI audio?? It must work  :)  and I also inject Underscan Values so you can adjust HDMI image like real macs do (nobody seem to know about it). Connect some HDMI screen and in display settings you will get this slide to adjust.

for the differences in our SSDT those are for the CStates 

for the differences in our DSDT. I´m on 203 BIOS right now but when I take my vanilla DSDT I was using 202, so those KKCL, KKCM and KKQC methods are inside 203 version. Maybe I´ll take some time and make all the edits on 203 DSDT.

All the others differences you find are for the battery to work with the ACPIBatteryManager kext and the vanilla ACPI and IOPCI kext.

For the AGPM I usually use and edited LegacyAGPM kext (I´m not using it anymore because my Fermi freeze investigation, I´m using other methods to GPU Power management. I have 1 week without freeze!!!!, If I reach two weeks without freeze I will post my finds and let you try it) . I attach the one I used. This AGPM disables states 3 (GPU core 50mhz) and state 2 (Our card doesn´t have one) and make all the run on state 1 (GPU core at 202 Mhz, 162Mhz Memory) this gives you fluid animation graphics and State 0 (GPU Core 775Mhz, memory at 1,25Ghz) for full GPU power.

For the EFI string I use EFIStudio 1.1 use google, this generates the hex EFI string based on my Plist where I inject all the GPU stuff.

For the Mac mini SMBIOS it is not the only one to prevent this video freeze on Apple´s apps you can use Imac or Mac pro, but this Mac mini 5,2 model have the right StepContexDict for our i7 (P-States management) and it use only discrete graphics which is the same configuration in our G74SX. I think apple use some unknown method in Mavs to match the smbios profile for its own applications and if you use lets say macbook pro 8,1, 8,2 or 8,3 all this models doesn´t match this config, the first use Intel IGPU only and the other two are IGPU + Discrete GPU graphics but all have the Intel IGPU for Video Acceleration so this new method match this and try to use the Intel setting on our Nvidia Card = Freeze, that is why if you use Imac or MacPro or this Mac mini 5,2 which doesn't use the intel IGPU you are safe. if you use the Mac mini 5,1 you will get this Video Freeze again because it use intel IGPU  :P  I hope this explain something.

Ohh I almost forget the Wireless issue, I change the internal Wi-Fi card for an Atheros 9280 because its dual band and MIMO 2x2 (the vanilla card it is an Atheros 9285 2.4 Ban only and 1x1) I lost bluetooth but I need this to reach 300Mbps on 5Ghz wifi. So no edits inside my DSDT for wi-fi card.

Good luck and if you like to share all this info please do it on this Forum only for obvious reasons.

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

P.D. for the -v -v -v -f etc issue it is because your are using chameleon and this is a known issue with the FileNVRAM.dylib module to delete this you can use the backspace key on Chameleon Boot prompt or if this doesn´t work use this inside terminal sudo nvram boot-args=""

Attached Files

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

"and I also inject Underscan Values so you can adjust HDMI image like real macs do (nobody seem to know about it)"...

hi, i'm using switchresx to get display to fit screen on TV thru hdmi...what are those injected values?  i used to get the slider control when i had a hd 5450 installed(without any injection), but not with my nvidia :smoke:

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.

@AREOS,

Thanks again.  I'll try the  HDMI shortly.   Your dsdt is actually from bios 203.  if you search inside dsdt, 203 comes up.  So those values KKCL were missing from your dsdt, unless they might have been interfering with the mods you made for keyboard backlight and lcd brightness so maybe you removed it?

HDMI is flawless.  You must have put a lot of work into this to have it function so well.  Slider is there, I can change from 720 to 1080 etc etc.

I found an easy fix for the kext loading on every verbose boot. Just install Chameleon Wizard and Checkmark " Boot Caches -f"  Save it.  Reboot then change it back, save it.  That fixed it for me!!

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts

For the AGPM I usually use and edited LegacyAGPM kext (I´m not using it anymore because my Fermi freeze investigation, I´m using other methods to GPU Power management. I have 1 week without freeze!!!!, If I reach two weeks without freeze I will post my finds and let you try it) . I attach the one I used. This AGPM disables states 3 (GPU core 50mhz) and state 2 (Our card doesn´t have one) and make all the run on state 1 (GPU core at 202 Mhz, 162Mhz Memory) this gives you fluid animation graphics and State 0 (GPU Core 775Mhz, memory at 1,25Ghz) for full GPU power.

Hi, i looked in the AGPM legacy kext.

What does this "Mac-4BC72D62AD45599E" means - in older OS X Versions always MacModels like "MacPro3,1" were used.

How do i know which MAC-XXXXXX i have to use? I looked in my smbios.plist there is MacPro3,1 and some other "Mac-F42C88C8" as SMBIOS version. Is the second that id i must use?

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.

Hi, i looked in the AGPM legacy kext.

What does this "Mac-4BC72D62AD45599E" means - in older OS X Versions always MacModels like "MacPro3,1" were used.

How do i know which MAC-XXXXXX i have to use? I looked in my smbios.plist there is MacPro3,1 and some other "Mac-F42C88C8" as SMBIOS version. Is the second that id i must use?

I am not 100% sure on this but that ID matches the ID for Mac Mini 5,2 which is why I assumed it would work based on the SMbios mac mini definition 5,2 I am using for the Asus G74SX laptop?

I do understand what you are asking.  I remember in older AGPM they would label them as MacPro or MAcBookPro etc but it would seem in 10.9 and maybe 10.8x not sure they just use the ID's.

It seems to be working good.

EDITED:

I don't think I answered your question correctly.  Use "Mac-4BC72D62AD45599E" in the AGPM.   You can find reference to it in either Chameleon Wizard or possible the EveryMac Website?   I found a SMBIOS profile for the Mac Mini 5,2 from a google search, and the Mac ID in that SMBIOS is the same as what is in the AGPM AREOS supplied.  So to my knowledge use this ID format in your legacy AGPM.

AREOS, correct me if I am wrong on this.

AREOS have a read on my past post above!!

Thanks

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

"and I also inject Underscan Values so you can adjust HDMI image like real macs do (nobody seem to know about it)"...

hi, i'm using switchresx to get display to fit screen on TV thru hdmi...what are those injected values?  i used to get the slider control when i had a hd 5450 installed(without any injection), but not with my nvidia :smoke:

Sorry for the delay, this Underscan is a string all macs with nvidia cards and with hdmi support has, check some ioreg files from one of this macs, under NVDA,Display-A or NVDA,Display-B you will find this string NVDA,UnderScanMin with one ASCII value could be "U" or "R" I Just inject this inside my EFI string and I get this slide in system preferences.

@AREOS,

Thanks again.  I'll try the  HDMI shortly.   Your dsdt is actually from bios 203.  if you search inside dsdt, 203 comes up.  So those values KKCL were missing from your dsdt, unless they might have been interfering with the mods you made for keyboard backlight and lcd brightness so maybe you removed it?

HDMI is flawless.  You must have put a lot of work into this to have it function so well.  Slider is there, I can change from 720 to 1080 etc etc.

I found an easy fix for the kext loading on every verbose boot. Just install Chameleon Wizard and Checkmark " Boot Caches -f"  Save it.  Reboot then change it back, save it.  That fixed it for me!!

Those KKCL, KKCM etc are some methods for get the backlight keyboard with the Rehabman VoodooPS2 Driver, in the Vanilla DSDT those values does´t exist at all, since I don´t use this method to enable my backlight keyboard I don´t have them.

I am not 100% sure on this but that ID matches the ID for Mac Mini 5,2 which is why I assumed it would work based on the SMbios mac mini definition 5,2 I am using for the Asus G74SX laptop?

I do understand what you are asking.  I remember in older AGPM they would label them as MacPro or MAcBookPro etc but it would seem in 10.9 and maybe 10.8x not sure they just use the ID's.

It seems to be working good.

EDITED:

I don't think I answered your question correctly.  Use "Mac-4BC72D62AD45599E" in the AGPM.   You can find reference to it in either Chameleon Wizard or possible the EveryMac Website?   I found a SMBIOS profile for the Mac Mini 5,2 from a google search, and the Mac ID in that SMBIOS is the same as what is in the AGPM AREOS supplied.  So to my knowledge use this ID format in your legacy AGPM.

AREOS, correct me if I am wrong on this.

AREOS have a read on my past post above!!

Thanks

For the Legacy AGPM to work you must insert the values for your GPU inside the correct mac profile, for some machines this profile is named with the SMBIOS model name, like Macbook8,3 or MacPro3,1 or something like that but in some newer models the AGPM kext use the board id if you check inside the AGPM plist you will find some of this newer models, if you need to know which board id use check this http://tdev.me/2010/...hardware-dumps/ So since I was using the Mac mini 5,2 profile the board id to this is Mac-4BC72D62AD45599E if you will use MacPro3,1 or 4,1 or 5,1 you can still using this model id to match your Legacy AGPM since those profile are still named in the old way inside AGPM kext (is the same for ML or Mavs) if you will use some newer model like MacbookPro9,1 or 10,1 or MacbookAir 3,1 4,1 or 5,1 etc you need to inject the values using this board id.

Hope it helps

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

@ areos, i do believe i'm underscanning...

Attached File  underscan1.png   55.25KB   17 downloads

...i added device properties to cham..boot.plist...using only these values:

Spoiler

...converted it to hex with gfxutil, opened the resulting file in textedit and copy/pasted the result into device properties...rebooted once to a blank display...next boot...voila'!

...maybe not entirely correct, as i still use GE=Yes(Chameleon) as well...but it now appears in ioregistry and the slider works as advertised...i'd like to roll it into a dsdt injection for the entire video card(but this works fine) thanks! :smoke:

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

@ areos, i do believe i'm underscanning...

attachicon.gifunderscan1.png

...i added device properties to cham..boot.plist...using only these values:

[spoiler]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
    <dict>
        <key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>@0,NVDA,UnderscanMin</key>
        <string>0x00000052</string>
        <key>@0,name</key>
        <string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
        <key>@1,NVDA,UnderscanMin</key>
        <string>0x00000052</string>
        <key>@1,name</key>
        <string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

/spoiler]

...converted it to hex with gfxutil, opened the resulting file in textedit and copy/pasted the result into device properties...rebooted once to a blank display...next boot...voila'!

...maybe not entirely correct, as i still use GE=Yes(Chameleon) as well...but it now appears in ioregistry and the slider works as advertised...i'd like to rollit into a dsdt injection for the entire video card(but this works fine) thanks! :smoke:

Great, I also tried to inject all this values inside my dsdt but for some reason if I inject this value in dsdt I always get Black screen (I think is related to the coding) this is why I use some values via EFI String and only the HDMI related ones via DSDT.

Good Luck

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

just for good measure...

Attached File  registry1.png   150.46KB   7 downloads

:smoke:...as it stands now, i have to enter/type at chameleon boot prompt: "Device Properties"="No" to reach the login screen...so still a work in progress, but, it  does work.

Edited by robertx, 29 October 2013 - 05:42 PM.

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

...injected entire graphics via device properties, GE=NO seems ok now...thanks again areos :smoke:

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

...injected entire graphics via device properties, GE=NO seems ok now...thanks again areos :smoke:

you are welcome

Good Luck

JuniorGump

JuniorGump

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

And the problem continues. This is ridiculous. ¬¬

Freeze and more freeze, on my gtx 460 in mavericks. 

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

And the problem continues. This is ridiculous. ¬¬

Freeze and more freeze, on my gtx 460 in mavericks. 

Same here. :(

It's there no way to get this out? Their should be a bit that is triggering this issue.

RyanThaDude29

RyanThaDude29

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

I ended up pulling my old GTX460 and using the HD4000 on my I7. While far from the best gfx, it works perfectly in Mavericks. Using dual-screen, too w/ DVI & HDMI.

Bandes

Bandes

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

It could be called Tesla-Freeze as well.

My Nvidia 9600 GT keeps crashing on Mavericks. (10.9, 10.9.1)

Tried every possible options from changing smbios Macpro model numbers, GE on or off, PCIRooutUID, npci.

Nothing really makes a difference.

OpenGL Channel Exception and UI crashes completely.

If you want to test how stable your system is.

Try this :

Open Safari, browse here : http://ink361.com/app/tag/video

and play some videos. Try fullscreen too.

This a definitive way to test for OpenGL Channel Exception.

I can't play 5 videos without my UI crashing.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes.

Also with more apps and processes running in the background, it crashes more easily.

Open some other tabs, open Process Monitor, Dashboard, Textedit, stress the memory and the CPU a bit, and then open a video there.

I killed my system many times with these method. Sadly HFS partition got damaged many times after forced resets from UI crashes and i had to reinstall OS X.

I have a topic about that being pretty frustrated about it now. Last night once again, UI crash, HFS damage, cannot be repaired.

I am gonna install OSX once again today, and try remote shutdown via SSH when the UI crashes.

Also gonna test VGA port, cause i am using DVI now, and some slower memory settings perhaps.

Red Leader

Red Leader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I bought an Asus ENGTX560 TI in October 2011 specifically to build my OSX/Windows PC. I don't regret this choice since this card offered the best performance/price ratio and has been able to play smoothly everything, including the most demanding 3D software

However the 560TI gave me big headaches since I wanted to install 10.6.8 rather then 10.7. But I learnt painfully that it can't be used on versions older then 10.7. I lost a few days of my time and Rosetta :( because of this.

Since then, I updated MacOS regularly and it's stable enough to use as my main working PC. However in the last months I suffered from more and more fermi freezes and restarts, to the point I was beginning to pull my hair trying to find a fix...

Since yesterday I installed your freeze fix app and for the first time the fermi freeze has not occurred for two full days!

So the very least I can do now is to say a BIG THANK YOU to dan542!! :thumbsup_anim: 

JahRastaMaN

JahRastaMaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I change my Smbios to Imac12,2 + freezefix and i fix my problem with quick look and freeze. Thanks to da542 and all.

maximus

maximus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Everything IT related, Hi-Fi audio, good books

Attached File  NVDAGF110AGPM.kext.zip   3.22KB   51 downloads

I am using this kext along with MacPro5,1 smbios and so far no freezes on my 560 Ti. Not using any apps.Check Info.plist inside.

d123c

d123c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Dear guys,

I've been reading this topic and my hackintosh is showing the same problem. I would like some advices to fix my system.
1. my computer freezes during quicktime video or safari opengl
2. Into the square of the opengl/video, a pink screen fills the space. 
3. During the freezing I can move the mouse, but no click is allowed. 
4. My log registers a number of 
kernel[0]: NVDA(Video): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x1f Access Violation Error (MMU Error 2)

I'm running the Mavericks 10.9.4 version, and my hardware is:
- Motherboard Asus H81M-C
- Nvidia Geforce GT 630 - 1gb

Thank you for any suggestion.

Yours
Dino

---------
Edited:
I changed my SMBIOS to Mac 15.2, with no freeze fix, and the problem has gone. 

Finally, I can use my hackintosh without the freezing problem. 

Thank you guy for your help.

Edited by d123c, 30 July 2014 - 01:42 AM.

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

@dan542

Hello!

Thank you very much for your great app. I have it running for some weeks on a GT555m without any issues. No freezes anymore, even when I hotplug an external monitor and switch on the sync.

Have fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy