IOUSBFamily 10.8.4 Slice+AnV with full AppleUSBXHCI support for any USB3 chip (V12)

122 posts in this topic

Please, can anyone recommend a PCI Express USB3 "full compatible" cheaper the better, but not mandatory, with 10.11 El Capitan ?? I'm a little missing. Thanks in advance.

I've heard Fresco Logic FL1100 is supported.

It is probably what I'll get to extend the life of my aging Intel DH67GD board.

Please, can anyone recommend a PCI Express USB3 "full compatible" cheaper the better, but not mandatory, with 10.11 El Capitan ?? I'm a little missing. Thanks in advance.

I'm using this one here in my X79. It worked out of the box but I injected properties to give me high-current for charging my iPad and also to make the ports appear as built-in (instead of expansion card).

You can get cheaper ones. I chose this one because it didn't require additional power and it also had a header so I could connect up my front-panel case ports.

I'm using this one here in my X79. It worked out of the box but I injected properties to give me high-current for charging my iPad and also to make the ports appear as built-in (instead of expansion card).

You can get cheaper ones. I chose this one because it didn't require additional power and it also had a header so I could connect up my front-panel case ports.

I've heard Fresco Logic FL1100 is supported.

It is probably what I'll get to extend the life of my aging Intel DH67GD board.

insanelymac legend and deity choose the easy way. you sound like quitters, guys =0) next thing you know - you'll be suggesting getting a real mac

come on, there's a ton of mobo's with chipsets that used to work. and when cap goes final - the forum will be flooded

Dude, Macs are awesome. Buy one!

Both of my Asus boards have ASM1042 so I can't vouch for other chipsets, but apparently they can be made to work by patching AppleUSBXHCI. It's just a case of finding the patterns for El Capitan. The exception is ASM1042 which for some reason won't work with the patches. So here I've used the Oyen driver for Yosemite and GenericUSBXHCI for Mavericks.

Once El Cap final is out and the source code is released I guess we should see patches or maybe even an updated GenericUSBXHCI. There's plenty of people with this chipset and until El Cap rendered all previous kexts unusable we had a couple of options.

insanelymac legend and deity choose the easy way. you sound like quitters, guys =0) next thing you know - you'll be suggesting getting a real mac

come on, there's a ton of mobo's with chipsets that used to work. and when cap goes final - the forum will be flooded

I would much rather have supported hardware without patches.

6-series boards are old, so this system Sandy/6-series has limited lifespan at this point. Eventually, I'll upgrade (probably 100-series, when supported).

No reason to fight when you don't need to.

I would much rather have supported hardware without patches.

6-series boards are old, so this system Sandy/6-series has limited lifespan at this point. Eventually, I'll upgrade (probably 100-series, when supported).

No reason to fight when you don't need to.

yeah, but asus continued to use this chipset in x79 , some some top 77 boards and continued in x99 chipset. i'm sure other board producers where intel's usb was insufficient continue to use renesas and asm

yeah, but asus continued to use this chipset in x79 , some some top 77 boards and continued in x99 chipset. i'm sure other board producers where intel's usb was insufficient continue to use renesas and asm

I would never purchase an xx9 board. They are not supported well and require too many hacks...

Careful hardware choice always critical.

asus 79 boards worked perfectly before cap with very little hacks needed. not sure where you got that info

I was not referring just to USB, but also to power management, sleep, etc.

powermanagement and sleep on 79 asus are perfect

on asus 99 pm can be achieved, it's my little know-how. sleep is not on all boards, but deluxe has it

I'll just take your word for it. No plans to purchase any such hardware.

• Like 1

Thanks man. It works out of the box (Fresco chipset) on El Capitan (Yosemite too).

You said you injected properties to give high-current for charging iPad. I'm intereseted on how you do this "trick". Is it a "software" or "hardware" trick? Can you explain please. Thanks

Thanks man. It works out of the box (Fresco chipset) on El Capitan (Yosemite too).

You said you injected properties to give high-current for charging iPad. I'm intereseted on how you do this "trick". Is it a "software" or "hardware" trick? Can you explain please. Thanks

It can be done through Clover or DSDT/SSDT. I'm using the SSDT method at the moment because Clover isn't injecting my audio correctly.

WIth Clover you use the HighCurrent value under Devices/USB. If you also use AddClockID it will make the ports appear as built-in. But I think this is the reason I can only wake this hack from sleep by the power button and not by keyboard/mouse.

I'm also using the FixUSB DSDT fix but I'm not sure if that's required.

• Like 1

Once El Cap final is out and the source code is released I guess we should see patches or maybe even an updated GenericUSBXHCI. There's plenty of people with this chipset and until El Cap rendered all previous kexts unusable we had a couple of options.

I afraid we will never see IOUSBFamily sources for ElCapitan. Apple decided do not publish them.

I have HighCurrent value enabled in Clover (so I got hacked this feature not get knowing). If AddClockID value is disabled I can wake from sleep on mouse/Kb event, but if enabled can only wake by pressing Power button.

It is intended to do this.

• Like 1

I afraid we will never see IOUSBFamily sources for ElCapitan. Apple decided do not publish them.

It is intended to do this.

Won't they publish the IOUSBFamily sources for 10.11 right after 10.11.1 is no longer beta and final release?  I always thought the sources for the prior version are released right after the next version goes final?

• 7 months later...

Hi, @Andy Vandijck. LTNS, sorry to OT.

If I'd like to learn assembly so maybe I could patch AppleUSBXHCI in the future, could you recommend me some books or sources for starter?

But I only have poor coding background in C++...  :P  (cus my major is physics :ph34r:  )

• 4 weeks later...