50 posts in this topic

Replaced LG W2453V monitor with ASUS PB278Q connected thru DisplayPort  which lead to an issue the screen would not come back from deep sleep .... went back to DVI cable (in the box) ... and the issue has disappeared

Updated signature...

• 2 months later...

Had a PSU failure, Silverstone replaced it with a brans new unit with cables and all even if I had only returned the unit itself without cables. Great service on their part.

I bought a Corsair RM650 to use while the PSU was being replaced ... The silverstone is a joy to work with compared to that one .... 

Corsair H60 .. the pump gave up , fortunately I was there when it happend and was able to shutdown before it melted. This H60 was itself a replacment so i am giving up on that one.. going back to Intel stock cooler as i have no need to overclock at the moment.

Eyeing GTX 970 ...

Note to self : I am far from impressed with Corsair products....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Updated to 10.10.5

Updated BIOS to H2N.1669

Added a third SSD 

Testing El Capitan (not main OS yet)

Old Apple wireless keyboard has defective keys now (after years of being abused by yours truly) ...getting wired again

Updated signature

• 5 weeks later...

Updated to 10.10.5

Updated BIOS to H2N.1669

Added a third SSD 

Testing El Capitan (not main OS yet)

Old Apple wireless keyboard has defective keys now (after years of being abused by yours truly) ...getting wired again

Updated signature

Looks like you swim in money  :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Moved the 2xSeagate Barracuda into a Synology DS-214se (xmas gift) ...and have it stored in t he garage. Quiet computing at last..Only moving parts are the fans for CPU, PSU and GPU.

Finally was able to migrate my Time Machine backup too it (with history), that was a lot harder to do than I initially tought it would be.

Will probably upgarde to 10.11.3 over the week-end (Done)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Upgraded 10.11.6 on main partition, upgraded to PB 5 on macOS Sierra test partition. Modded Sierra Recovery HD to make it bootable (include FakeSMC in the image).

Investigated 'missing USB ports' with some SysDef on El Cap and Sierra, found the problem and published a way to make the ports accessible.

Applied Win10 Anniversary update on the Win partition.

• 1 month later...

Tired of Chiclets and membrane keyboards, miss the good old days of having a keyboard that gives you tactile and audible feedback. So yesterday I did indulge myself to a Razer BlackWidow X Tournament Edition Chroma .. clac-clac away!

Updated signature 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...