Which laptop for hackintosh?

MacFaulty

3 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a laptop that isn't too much of a hassle to get fully operational, my Samsung R580 has died yesterday after 3-years of service and now I'm looking at a replacement.

Personally I had the ASUS N76VJ in mind, but read something about dual graphics (don't know if this type has it). Oh, almost forgot, the screen size must be 17 inch with a resolution of 1920x1080 full HD (I don't want to buy a 15 inch again).

Do any of you guys have already experience with this laptop I had in mind or do you have a similar system or with similar specs?

Hope to hear any recommendations or tips to look out for as I'm looking to get everything working (sleep isn't much of a problem) as I had on my Samsung R580.

Cheers, dr. MacFaulty (yes, that doctor xD).

• 2 weeks later...

Your mind is not bad. The HD4000 is working. There is a clip on Youtube. A Russian has got it up. Dual Graphics with Optimus will never work at this time. If you can wait a litte bit, you should  have a look at its successor the N750JV with  Core i7 4770 HQ and HD4600. It gives better quicker GFX on OSX. The GT 750m will not work at this time on OSX because of Optimus. I feel quite sure, that one can get it  successfully up in some weeks.

Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Your mind is not bad. The HD4000 is working. There is a clip on Youtube. A Russian has got it up. Dual Graphics with Optimus will never work at this time. If you can wait a litte bit, you should  have a look at its successor the N750JV with  Core i7 4770 HQ and HD4600. It gives better quicker GFX on OSX. The GT 750m will not work at this time on OSX because of Optimus. I feel quite sure, that one can get it  successfully up in some weeks.

Have fun.

I already forgotten this topic a bit, but thankfully the notifier notified me lol :)

Anyway, I have bought the HP 4740s (yes, I'm being really lazy going with this one because everything is already known about this thing).

Shortly I'll replace the LCD with a Full HD one (if there are any recommendations IF somebody knows it you can always PM me).

I do want to thank you for your post and the effort you made :)