[HOW TO] Make Radeon {Desktop or Mobility} be working by using Clover

Slice

431 posts in this topic

APU doesn't work with OS X though

Also sistoe, what GPU are you using ? I saw many examples like you though, so my experience on this: pick whatever FB you feel like will make yours work and inject ATI

Mine is a ATI 5470 mobility.

I made it working using hoolock fb and connector patch. I just need to fix vga port and sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 7650m and the other gpu (hd4000) is locked by Sony. 

I've dumped my edid, tried Ipomoea and Pondweed fbnames tried with and without rom dump but I always end up with ''** GPU HARDWARE VM is disabled (multispace: disabled, page table updates with DMA: disabled)'' error.  icon_neutral.gif

I have 7650m and the other gpu (hd4000) is locked by Sony. 

I've dumped my edid, tried Ipomoea and Pondweed fbnames tried with and without rom dump but I always end up with ''** GPU HARDWARE VM is disabled (multispace: disabled, page table updates with DMA: disabled)'' error.  icon_neutral.gif

Try dumping your VBios in Legacy mode, using Linux

Thanks for your hard work everyone!

I'm a newbie learning the ropes still...

my system is ga ep45-ud3r with AMD radeon 6950 2gb, 4gb dd2

I attached a screen shot that shows my gfx is not working at 2gb instead it is only 5mb.

This is progress because before I followed this guide it was only 3mb and before installing clover it said intel 3mb.

I'm trying to think of next steps. Something to do with ati-personality.pl?

post-1533347-0-20559300-1432180196_thumb.png

Thanks for your hard work everyone!

I'm a newbie learning the ropes still...

my system is ga ep45-ud3r with AMD radeon 6950 2gb, 4gb dd2

I attached a screen shot that shows my gfx is not working at 2gb instead it is only 5mb.

This is progress because before I followed this guide it was only 3mb and before installing clover it said intel 3mb.

I'm trying to think of next steps. Something to do with ati-personality.pl?

according to first post.

I see smile tomato on your desktop. Probably it is the real reason of your problems.

Hi guys!

Little problem here, please help!

I was using my DELL 4k monitor via HDMI till yesterday at 2560x1440@60Hz on a 7970m card, but I would like to use it at 4k@60Hz via DP so I did some tests. On DP I have a signal only with Chutoro/Ebi/Gari personalities but the picture is strange, please take a look at pictures! I have a 7680x2160@30Hz picture and the picture is strached/squized. Mac see it like 2 monitors (the third is laptop lcd)...

Anyone has expirience with this kind of issue?

Thank you!

post-338551-0-27106500-1432467857_thumb.jpg

post-338551-0-52264700-1432467903_thumb.jpg

DualLink=true?

Connector Object Id [19] which is [DISPLAY_PORT]

encoder obj id [0x20] which is [iNTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (osx txmit 0x11 [duallink 0x1] enc 0x2)] linkb: false

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Transmitter and encoder might be involved with these issues

Hi vusun123! I did some progress, i have now 4k@60Hz with correct aspect ratio and Gari personality, but the mac os still see it like 2 1920x2160 monitors. The thing is very annoying, the menu bar is only at half of my screen... Is there a way/boot flag/terminal command to tie 2 displays?

Now I have a question guys:

any personality has some order of connectors, right? Is it a problem if I not respect this order in my DSDT? I must inject some properties in DSDT otherwise I have kernel panic. So, in DSDT I injected @0 LVDS, @1 DP, @2 HDMI. Now, trying various personalities only with some of them I have a signal on DP (will talk about DP 'cause this port I'm interested in for now) with others I have no signal...so, could it be because the order of connectors in chosen personality does not correspond with order and type of connectors injected in DSDT? I have not found any info about it... And, does the order of connectors of any personality correspond to order of physical connectors of my GPU?

Thank you!

Hi vusun123! I did some progress, i have now 4k@60Hz with correct aspect ratio and Gari personality, but the mac os still see it like 2 1920x2160 monitors. The thing is very annoying, the menu bar is only at half of my screen... Is there a way/boot flag/terminal command to tie 2 displays?

Now I have a question guys:

any personality has some order of connectors, right? Is it a problem if I not respect this order in my DSDT? I must inject some properties in DSDT otherwise I have kernel panic. So, in DSDT I injected @0 LVDS, @1 DP, @2 HDMI. Now, trying various personalities only with some of them I have a signal on DP (will talk about DP 'cause this port I'm interested in for now) with others I have no signal...so, could it be because the order of connectors in chosen personality does not correspond with order and type of connectors injected in DSDT? I have not found any info about it... And, does the order of connectors of any personality correspond to order of physical connectors of my GPU?

Thank you!

In laptop personality, LVDS is always first. In the others, I don't know, since we need a real Mac with AMD GPU's IOREG to find out. About the display, I dunno either, since I don't own a desktop with AMD GPU anymore

In laptop personality, LVDS is always first. In the others, I don't know, since we need a real Mac with AMD GPU's IOREG to find out. About the display, I dunno either, since I don't own a desktop with AMD GPU anymore

No, neither I have a desktop, I'm talking about my laptop in sig.

Now I'm looking to ioreg and dsdt and don't understand one thing: you say in laptop LVDS is always first...now, in gari personality LVDS is first, in my dsdt LVDS is @0, so why in ioreg on @0 and @1 is my DP and LVDS is on @2? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you!

DualLink=true?

Hi Slice! Sorry, I was not knew that DualLink is a clover thing, discovered it today.... Anyway, DualLink=true gives me the same double image on screen but vertically stretched ...

Any idea why I am the only one who has double image? Even in ioreg I have the same monitor on 2 connectors...

Thank you!

I will try this method for my 6990 Dual Gpu.Even if just recognizes one GPU,i will be happy.

Both should work fine like in my case: 2x 7970m!

Even more, for now I have one 7970m and one gtx 970m, both work fine!

Both should work fine like in my case: 2x 7970m!

Even more, for now I have one 7970m and one gtx 970m, both work fine!

Great news buddy,but theres no much info about the 6990 dual gpu on Desktop machine,iv been searching all the forums,iv only found this, topic,1117.msg8157.html about 6990 Dual GPU,and on 10.7.2.Im trying on Yosemite.Can i ask you the complete process,you used to activate your 7970 to give it a try ? With the basic edits,device id on the kexts,i get stuck on the white screen issue,when the 6000 controller its loaded.