[HOW TO] Make Radeon {Desktop or Mobility} be working by using Clover

Slice

431 posts in this topic

OK so now I think it might actually be working, because...

When I boot to Mavericks installer on a known working computer (with NVidia GT240 works OOB),

the installer also has tearing and glitchiness! But when installed, it works superb.

So to recap, on my 8560w, when booting to Mavericks installer:

- The graphics card is listed with the correct info and correct VRAM

- It has much more smoothness / less glitches than if I would load it without injecting

- But there is still some tearing

Is this basically good to go?

EDIT: WOW, IT WORKS! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

White/black/purple does not metter, you have to patch your connectors! Do it! It's time consuming so go!

But, patching connectors is useless if you have not amd kexts loaded! So again, put ioregexplorer on desktop, restart, once you are on desktop hit I (be sure you have only this file starting with I on desktop ) hut command + O to open it, hit command+ S to save a file, hit Enter to save it, then reboot without amd kext! Thus way yiu can know if all kexts are loaded....

And patch your connectors! You haven't Apple hardware so you have to do some work to getting it working!

White/black/purple does not metter, you have to patch your connectors! Do it! It's time consuming so go!

But, patching connectors is useless if you have not amd kexts loaded! So again, put ioregexplorer on desktop, restart, once you are on desktop hit I (be sure you have only this file starting with I on desktop ) hut command + O to open it, hit command+ S to save a file, hit Enter to save it, then reboot without amd kext! Thus way yiu can know if all kexts are loaded....

And patch your connectors! You haven't Apple hardware so you have to do some work to getting it working!

That iOReg trick dsnt work for me,when i reach the white screen,can't do nothing but restart...

PS:Thanks for your effort anyway. ;)

That iOReg trick dsnt work for me,when i reach the white screen,can't do nothing but restart...

PS:Thanks for your effort anyway. ;)

I know! Start to patching connectors k follow some guides!

I guess i need first, find whats the correct configs in Clover as well as my DSDT GPU injection..

Correct config is mandatory!

You can try deleting all signs of your GPU from DSDT and in config.plist under Graphics put ATI = Yes, read Ckover manual first!

hello i have an ati mobility hd3470 with dev id 95c4 what frame buffer i need to use? i'm on mavericks 10.9, thank you for the answer

See first post

As I see RadeonHD3xxx was successful only in 10.5

After updating to OS X 10.10.4, der is some graphics glitches while startup :(

some multi colored dots appears at the center of screen, while it switches from black screen to desktop screen !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hi please help my graphics ,, AMD 7610M ( HD 7500/7600 ), 6742_1002

only 4Mb graphics ,,

Toshiba/Quanta BY3/BY4 Thames LE DDR3                                       

Subsystem Vendor ID: 1002
       Subsystem ID: 1002
Object Header Structure Size: 199
Connector Object Table Offset: 34
Router Object Table Offset: 0
Encoder Object Table Offset: 99
Display Path Table Offset: 12
Connector Object Id [14] which is [LVDS]
encoder obj id [0x1e] which is [iNTERNAL_UNIPHY (osx txmit 0x10 [duallink 0x0] enc 0x0)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [12] which is [HDMI_TYPE_A]
encoder obj id [0x20] which is [iNTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (osx txmit 0x11 [duallink 0x1] enc 0x2)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [5] which is [VGA]
encoder obj id [0x15] which is [iNTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (osx txmit 0x00 enc 0x10?)] linkb: false

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1002 SubsystemID: 0x1002
IOBaseAddress: 0x4000
Filename: BR41926.007 
BIOS Bootup Message: 
Toshiba/Quanta BY3/BY4 Thames LE DDR3                                       

PCI ID: 1002:6742
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 44700]: LVDS (7)
Encoder [@offset 44704]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
i2cid [@offset 44774]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 44710]: HDMI-A (11)
Encoder [@offset 44714]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)
i2cid [@offset 44797]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 2
Type [@offset 44720]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 44724]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 44824]: 0x92, OSX senseid: 0x3

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue with my 10.11.2 installation.  I am using two Radeon 7950's which are supposed to be natively compatible with OS X and they worked that way with 10.10 perfectly fine.  Ever since updating to 10.11 I am getting an error "**GPU hardware VM is enabled".  I get this error twice because I have two cards and when I remove one I only get one and when I remove them both it boots up fine but only with iGPU.  I am using Clover and if I use the graphics injector to inject some fake Device ID then it allows me to boot with just iGPU.  I did double check and my device ID is in the AMD7000Controller.kext "679A1002"  I think I have narrowed it down to the AMDRadeonX4000.kext because when I delete that it loads just fine (iGPU is normal, 7950's load but with no acceleration).  My device ID is also in that kext, however I did notice that in the X4000 kext my device ID is under Tahiti which isn't one of the listed controllers in my 7000Controller.  Any ideas why this might be happening?  Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you shortly!

MY motherboard is a Asus P8Z77-V

• 3 weeks later...

You have two problems:

1. CloverConfigurator

2. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

• Like 1