I can't understand this issue, please help me!

0relius

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on HP Envy 15 3000CTO, and then I got some problems. I'm so appriciated with any supports :).

My HDD has 5 MBR partitions:

1. System - it used to boot to Windows 7 OEM (primary)

2. Windows 7 (primary)

3. Macintosh HD (local)

4. Data (local)

5. Recovery (local)

Windows 7 had been installed first. Then I made a usb to install ML 10.8.4 by using VMWare, bootloader is Chameleon. Then I installed ML on Macintosh HD parition.

Then, I used usb to boot into Macintosh, I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 5.4.1 to install bootloader (chimera v2.1.1) on this partition, drivers and something else... I tried to unplugged the usb and boot restarted system, but I got the error: boot0:error. Once again, I used usb to boot into Macintosh and everything is ok. I found the way to fix this error but it wasn't worked.

So, the first problem: I can't boot into Macintosh without usb, but a weird problem is I didn't set boot order of usb is first in BIOS. For each time I turn on the laptop, the usb is always boot first. If I unplugged it, I would get the error: boot0:error.

I think the cause of this problem is I installed ML on local partition MBR.

The second problem: Because this usb is not mine :), so I must give back to its owner. I used another usb (4GB) to just install bootloader (Chameleon) like the previous usb by using VMWare. I could boot into Windows7, but not with ML. Then I tried to boot with option -x -v cpus=1, it was ok but I couldn't use mouse or keyboard (I couldn't type password to login).

P/S: My English is not well :). So if you aren't clear my problems, please give me your feedback.

Repair disk permissions for both HDD and USB.

Clear NVRAM.

Shutdown machine completely and disconnect all power for 10 seconds, then hold power button for another 10.

Reboot.

If the issue continues try reinstalling bootloader.

Repair disk permissions for both HDD and USB.

Clear NVRAM.

Shutdown machine completely and disconnect all power for 10 seconds, then hold power button for another 10.

Reboot.

If the issue continues try reinstalling bootloader.

May you tell me the root cause of my problems?