DP4/DP5 G86 Black Screen

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i've come accross a very strange problem with Mavericks.

Since installing DP4 i couldn't get to the Desktop and i had to remove all NV/GF kexts in order to boot in 2D mode (everything works fine in 2D) and i thought DP4 was buggy, so i tried DP5: same problem - black Screen upon booting (while previous versions worked fine with DP). My GPU is recognized even without injection, so DSDT/Chameleon are not the issue.

My Setup is: iMac9.1 / 8500GT (G86)

No, im using DVI, but the problem is that it doesn't load anything after the Black screen. Normally you can see very high HDD activity (restoring windows to their previous state), but once the screen goes black i can't do anything. And plugging/unplugging doesn't work.

Yes I facing the same problem after updating with DP4. I disconnected HDMI and connected the monitor with D-Sub, then I recovered from the booting problem. Now I am updated to DP5 and after that I re-connected my monitor with HDMI cable and every thing worked perfectly.

GIGABYTE GA H77-DS3H

Core i5

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB

8GB DDR3

1TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas?

Tried booting verbose/non-verbose, used myHack to repair everything on the partition, used DSDT/Chameleon injection and the result is always the system - soft KP like . I have only a Realtek, FakeSMC as custom kexts. The problem happened after DP4 and since then i can't boot into Mavericks with Acceleration, the only way to boot is to remove all the NV kexts and force 2D.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I facing the same problem after updating with DP4. I disconnected HDMI and connected the monitor with D-Sub, then I recovered from the booting problem. Now I am updated to DP5 and after that I re-connected my monitor with HDMI cable and every thing worked perfectly.

GIGABYTE GA H77-DS3H

Core i5

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB

8GB DDR3

1TB HDD

Im also using a GT 640 and getting a black screen with cursor on boot. (DP5) Do you switch between rgb to dvi to get it to boot to desktop.

Also my dvi is a dvi to HDMI wire if that has anything to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...