ML Installation Stick - waiting for root device

Mettiu

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to install ML from a 8 GB usb drive that I have prepared under Windows 8 with the Boot Disk Utility instruction I have found here, under the Developer section (clover bootloader).

The system is a i7 2600k on a GA Z68MX-ud2h-b3 (UEFI), 32 Gb RAM Patriot 1600 CL9, Galaxy 480 GTX. The OS shall be installed to an empty Crucial SSD.

After creating the usb stick though that utility, I can boot from it and in the following menu I can see the partition with ML Installation, but soon after I select it I get the error:

..............................Error loading kernelcache (0x7)

Does anybody have a clue how to solve this?

I cannot access to any Mac/ Hackintosh at the moment, so I have to prepare the needed USB Stick from Windows

Thanks in advance

One step forward....

Since BDUtility does not give me the access to the content of the partition containing ML installation, I have installed the bootloader on a 1 gb stick, then restored the ML installation to another usb stick.

So, I could access to the latter and I have deleted the kernelcache reference from the Library\Preferences\System Configuration\com.apple.Boot.plist

Now I do not have the previous error anymore, yet I am stuck at "driver error".

Edit:

I manually needed to put the Extensions folder into the Install Stick... added several kexts too but I get the error in the image:post-226054-0-29637900-1375247085_thumb.jpg

assuming u have ahci enabled in bios use one of these flags UseKernelCache=NO or ahcidisk=1