Asus Rampage II Extreme : audio problem

andmost

7 posts in this topic

I installed OS X Mavericks DP1 with myHack 3.2b8. Then I installed the combo update DP2, DP3 and DP4.

I used a DSDT.aml created with DSDT Editor. All works well, boot, sleep, etc... the audio and usb ports of the monitor Apple Cinema Display 27".

The only problem is to solve the audio of the mother board with chipset AD2000b. In Snow Leopard worked perfectly, with ML 10.8 and now with Mavericks 10.9 it doesn't work !!! Someone can help me?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rantaplan,

yes the same problem !!! If you will have some news let me know, for now I have to use the audio of the monitor ACD 27" or the audio of a M-audio firewire external board.

If I will solve I will inform you, ok?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rantaplan,

yes the same problem !!! If you will have some news let me know, for now I have to use the audio of the monitor ACD 27" or the audio of a M-audio firewire external board.

If I will solve I will inform you, ok?

Thanks

I think find the problem, I installed again DP1, and sound work, but after install fake SMC installer the sound disappear and change audio information in about this mac /audio. I think the problem coming Fake SMC kext installed in S/L/E or the newest fakesmc. O will try diferents configurations.Do you work audio 5.1 or 7.1 or just sterereo and not in work ?

• 1 month later...

Possible solution to Mavericks, Its works Mountain lion, before did not.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280468-applehda-patching-in-mountain-lion/page-4

In the zip contain kext modified and DSDT for Audio One. I dont tray im mavericks. bur think work, because de other ways I was tried did not work, in Mountain Lion.In this post says without HdfEnabler, but I did with, just try.Its work without HDEF Enabler, do not use.

AUdio 10.8.5-AD2000B.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...