Notebook buying advice?

themacguy

4 posts in this topic

I'm new here, and this would be my first post. 

I am not sure if this would be the right place to post it, but here it goes.

I already have a hackintosh nice and running that I built last year, and it works great, and blows many of the latest Mac's out of the water, for half the price! 

But now, I need a laptop as I wouldn't be having my hackintosh desktop anymore, and I do not want to spend a huge pile of money on a MacBook. 

I have hardly a week at hand, and as I do not live in the US, getting a wireless card to replace the internal one wouldn't really be an option for me. 

I am looking for something that wouldn't require me to replace any of the hardware it comes with, and has some documentation and guides for hackintoshing it, so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of time messing around myself. 

So I need something with QECI and full resolution support, sound, wifi, and anything else that I might be missing out on, except for bluetooth, it isn't really a necessity. 

And my budget is around $600. 

Hope you guys can help me.

There are no laptops that are 100% compatible. If the internal wifi card doesn't work, you can always get a USB card to work.

Look at what is available in the stores near you then come back here and search if anyone has installed OS X on that laptop.

You could also try buying a used MacBook. That way , everything will work perfectly ;-)