XPS 14 + iATKOS ML3U

jcfla

29 posts in this topic

Hey man, next time you try, put this 3 files inside /Extra in the bootable usb and try to boot the installer without any flag and without removing any kext, just install the GenericUSB... from Multi_Beast and the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri I provided before.

attachicon.gifArchive.zip

Thanks, when I have the time I'll try!

Just one curiosity, what the "AppleIntelFramebufferCapri" do?

And maybe, I'll have to install OS X in VMware in order to use Multi_Beast, because it's not any time I'll have access to the MacBook Pro.

AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri contains the information on the graphical ports, eg: HDMI, DVI, Internal Display (LVDS)... without it you'll never get boot working with the DSDT I provided you... Only if you set aapl-platform-id to 01660004 it is currently set to 01660008

More precisely, if you try to boot with a unpatched/without connectors fixed IntelFramebufferCapri you'll get stucked on verbose mode, or get glitched graphics or black screen.

• 1 month later...

I have an xps 14 L421X, the base model without the nvidia card. I'd like to install iatkos2. I'm new to hackintoshing. I'd like to dual boot windows 8.

Before i begin anything, is it possible to install osx on the 32gb mssd, instead of partitioning the hdd and having to reinstall windows 8? Would the ssd show up in the bootloader?

Also, would an install on the ssd screw up the intel rapid storage cache? would I partition the ssd first?

A reply to any or all these questions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks