Hey man thanks for your work. It works perfect on my x79 board with 898 audio

angelol

angelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hello from me aswell...

I tried to patch the alc888 2.4.7 applehda in 10.8.5 (i used audioid=1 but i would like to use audioid=12,and that is because up untill now that was the audioid i used) and i think i got something wrong.

First of all the names in the settings panel are IntSpeakers instead of Internal Speakers,InternalMic instead of Internal Mic etc,and i think that an output device is missing from the list,although i cant remember what exactly its name was.

i have some sound assertions aswell.

My mobo is GA EP43-DS3,cpu intel core 2 quad q9550,graphics nvidiagtx 260.

The edit that i use in dsdt in hdef is only audioid=1.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,096 posts

I tried to patch the alc888 2.4.7 applehda in 10.8.5 (i used audioid=1 but i would like to use audioid=12,and that is because up untill now that was the audioid i used) and i think i got something wrong.

See Problem Reporting in Post #1, reply with requested info.

angelol

angelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

its my fault,i completely forgot to upload my patched applehda,dsdt and ioreg copy.there they are:

Attached Files

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,096 posts

First of all the names in the settings panel are IntSpeakers instead of Internal Speakers,InternalMic instead of Internal Mic etc,and i think that an output device is missing from the list,although i cant remember what exactly its name was.

IOReg, dsdt, and ApplehDA.kext look correct and say audio is working.  Post a screenshot of the "settings panel" that does not look correct and identify what is missing.

macusers

macusers

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Anyone with AppleHDA.kext that will work with ALC883 Audio please post it here. Thanks in advance.

angelol

angelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Here are two screenshots with the input and output panels in sound settings..

Also,toleda,would it be possible for you to tell me how to make a patched applehda and use audio id=12?Or can I use this kext with audio id=12 and if yes,how can I?
Because I tried with the ssdt method and i havent got it to work.I'm asking because I dont think that i have understood the whole patching process 100%. :P

also with the 10.8.5 patched applehda i am missing digital in in the input sources..i found out for sure when i used the 2.3.7 from 10.8.4.

Attached Files

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,096 posts

Here are two screenshots with the input and output panels in sound settings..

Also,toleda,would it be possible for you to tell me how to make a patched applehda and use audio id=12?Or can I use this kext with audio id=12 and if yes,how can I?

also with the 10.8.5 patched applehda i am missing digital in in the input sources..i found out for sure when i used the 2.3.7 from 10.8.4.

Interesting, I have never seen those images.  A suggestion, back up what you have, delete AppleHDA.kext, install the native AppleHDA and patch again (rename Desktop/audio_ALC888).

What is up with Audio_ID: 12?  The 888 AppleHDA.kext use Audio ID: 1, Audio ID: 12 will not work.

To change to 12 is work for every software update (make layout_id:12 from 888 codecID/layout_id: 1, rename layout1 to layout12, can't have both).

The 885 has SPDIFIn; see 885 pinconfigs, layout1 and pathmaps and apply same to 888.

JaE-V

JaE-V

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Used files below to restore audio after the update on my evga x58 LE 889

angelol

angelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I didnt understand your suggestion completely...can u give me some more details on how i can patch my applehda and use audio id=12 instead of 1?

I tried renaming layout1.xml.zlib to layout12.xml.zlib and in audio_alc888-85_patch.command aswell,but i got nothing.

I also want to ask one thing.Whats the difference between using layoutid=1 and layoutid=12 for my motherboard?

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Hi Toleda, your method works perfectly on both my 2 machines in signature (alc1200 aka 888 and 889a aka 885 chipsets).

I have only one small problem, in 10.8.5 the devices list are in english and not localized (italian in my case). (see picture below)

is there anything that you can do to avoid this little annoyance?

Attached File  Schermata 2013-09-22 alle 18.40.33.png   47.9KB   11 downloads

cheers! and keep the great work!

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,096 posts

I didnt understand your suggestion completely...can u give me some more details on how i can patch my applehda and use audio id=12 instead of 1?

I also want to ask one thing.Whats the difference between using layoutid=1 and layoutid=12 for my motherboard?

For the AppleHDA solution presented in the first post, audio works with Audio ID: 1, 2 or 3.

See ML-Customizing the Realtek ALC AppleHDA.pdf, linked in Post #1.

I have only one small problem, in 10.8.5 the devices list are in english and not localized (italian in my case). (see picture below)

is there anything that you can do to avoid this little annoyance?

I don't touch localization, that is native AppleHDA.  Depending on the kext installer you used, it is possible files remain from a previously installed AppleHDA. Suggest removing the existing AppleHDA.kext before installing the native AppleHDA.kext for patching.

angelol

angelol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

stefano.85 i think i found a solution to our problem...

u need to unpack this zip's contents in

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources

and the devices names will be correctly displayed in english.i dont know if u wanted them in italian,but you can edit the Localizable.strings plist in the zip i sent you accordingly and put it in a folder named Italian.lproj instead of English.lproj,and they should show up as they should.  B)  :thumbsup_anim:

as for me i finally found out a way to use the old layout id=12 in 2.4.7 AppleHDA.kext by simply replacing AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist from the older kext i used and worked,and also replaced Platforms.xml.zlib and copying layout12.xml.zlib from the old kext..Now Digital In shows up in the input panel again,plus the names of the sound devices are correctly displayed. B)  B)  B)

Note:when i say that i replaced the info.plist i did so by editing the "BuildMachineOSBuild","Get Info string","Bundle versions string, short","Bundle version" strings so that they matched the 10.8.5 original AppleHDA.kext values.

Attached Files

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,102 posts

I finally found time to get my audio up and running since upgrading to 10.8.5.

Thank you for your continued work toleda. 

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,096 posts

Thank you for your continued work toleda. 

Thanks for your support

Update v8: 9/30/13 - Realtek ALC1150 AppleHDA now available. See Post #1.

Update v8: 9/30/13 - x79 audio support in 10.8.5

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,822 posts
A Great contribution to hackintosh scene,
as always a guide to good quality
Toleda congratulations!

Pikkard

Pikkard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Sorry for such a dumb question here, but I'm confused about which file I actually need to grab from the array available.

I have a G41M-ES2H with the ALC888B Audio Codec. Is there a packaged file available to auto install?

Thanks in advance.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,096 posts

I have a G41M-ES2H with the ALC888B Audio Codec. Is there a packaged file available to auto install?

Need to see your codec details; see Post #1, Problem reporting, Item 5.  Reply with a copy of IOReg.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,096 posts

Update v9: 10/11/13 - Mute fixed on 10.8.4/10.8.5 ALC887 and ALC888

cwestpha

cwestpha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Problem report:

1. ALC898 patched AppleHDA.kext under 10.8.5 seems to cause coreaudio crashes during normal use. Removed AppleHDA.kext & re-applied 10.8.5 update with combo supplemental update. Crash gone (though audio is of course not working). Re-applied clean (as in re-downloaded latest from GIT) 10.8.5 patch and after reboot issues returned.

2. 10.8.5 (12f45) on Asus P8Z77-V Premium (ALC898 Audio) BIOS 2104 /w patch, 

3. DSDT injection method via iASL PJALM's repo (includes Toleda DSDT HDA edits)

4-9. Attached in Zip (except 6 where there was nothing found for the string)

10. Clean except for crash log generation notice & "coreaudiod[4301]: Enabled(/Disabled) automatic stack shots because audio IO is inactive" notices

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy