Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection

toleda

133 posts in this topic

I i remove the earphones then there is no sound from internal speaker even though they can still be seen in system preferences.....

My system has ALC233

Off topic.  Injection is working.

My hardware are MSI Z87-g41 PC MATE+I5-4670K on Mavericks 10.9.2 and 10.9.3 tried all of your method for alc887 and all failed. Below attached with my DSDT and ioreg.

DSDT.aml.zipioreg.zip

Tied to use this patched applehda to make my alc887-vd to work. Shows 4 lines of sound assertions like below.

Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 2874

AppleHDA.kext.zip

My onboard sound codec and HDMI codec attached below.

ALC887-VD codec.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I have an MSI Z77A-GD65, which has an ALC898 chip, and the current Clover injection set seems to be limited to exposing only the rear line input jack for recording, and not the front microphone jack.

Attached is my IOReg dump, Audio related messages and assertions with the most recent boot, and the requisite screen shots. I am not using a DSDT.aml, but I am using the default injections with my integrated graphics and AMD graphics enabled, and kext patches for audio configuration (which should render that HDAEnabler that's in the log somehow as redundant, not sure how that's still installed), and for TRIM support.

I have an MSI Z77A-GD65, which has an ALC898 chip, and the current Clover injection set seems to be limited to exposing only the rear line input jack for recording, and not the front microphone jack.

Since you have sound, injection is working. You are using a desktop edited kext in a laptop.  For full functionality, determine pinconfigs and pathmaps specific to you device and customize accordingly.  Off topic. 

Since you have sound, injection is working. You are using a desktop edited kext in a laptop.  For full functionality, determine pinconfigs and pathmaps specific to you device and customize accordingly.  Off topic. 

I was unaware that you were distributing laptop configurations by default, especially since 898, being a 7.1 codec, is not usually used in laptops. Because you did mean using a laptop configuration in a desktop, correct? I am not using a laptop here. I will look at the OP of the topic, then anywhere else I can find, to see where you mention that every motherboard and ALC chipset configuration is completely unique and therefore all need custom tweaking to get all inputs and outputs working properly.

I was using the guide in the readme here, along with the layouts and files here:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

And I used the persistent renamed files option, which includes a Clover kext patch to change the layout paths in the binary at boot time. Layout 1.

OS version, motherboard, graphics, as mentioned in my signature.

AppleHDA 2.6.2f2.

Another anomaly is that all of the device names are different from the layouts with your usual pre-edited extensions. And the short names, as seen in Spatial Sound Card's device selector list, are all variations of DevShortNameO, DevShortNameLinO, DevShortNameSpdO.

Does it matter that the realtekALC.kext is on my EFI system partition, in Clover's folders? It's in <EFI partition>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/realtekALC.kext

I was unaware that you were distributing laptop configurations by default, especially since 898, being a 7.1 codec, is not usually used in laptops. Because you did mean using a laptop configuration in a desktop, correct? I am not using a laptop here.

AppleHDA 2.6.2f2.

Does it matter that the realtekALC.kext is on my EFI system partition, in Clover's folders? It's in <EFI partition>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/realtekALC.kext

My mistake, I assumed incorrectly the GD65 was a laptop, I stand corrected.  See Post #1, Problem ReportingMavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.9 (Mavericks) - InsanelyMac Forum, reply there with attachments.  I have not looked at 2.6.2. realtekALC is intended to be on the EFI partition where you put it.

The problem is the pinconfigs.  Remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext or whatever enabler is installed.  Restart and reply with new IOReg. The second issue is the Post #1/Problem Reporting requested files in this thread is different than the files requested in Post #1 of the correct thread (noted in previous reply).  Attach the installed AppleHDA.kext and realtekALC.kext.

Tried your Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio guide, nothing. Tried this guide, nothing. Still says no output devices found.

OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Intel DH61HO

(BIOS and processor in .zip)

GeForce GT 610

I used the "dsdt/HDEF/layout-id = Audio_ID" guide. I do not have AppleHDA.kext installed (guide.pdf says not to)

No sound assertion found in console  :frantics:

audio_broken.zip

I do not have AppleHDA.kext installed (guide.pdf says not to)

Where does it say no installed AppleHDA.kext?

Guaranteed: no AppleHDA, no audio.

dsdt edits are correct.  Waiting for AppleHDA.kext.

Where does it say no installed AppleHDA.kext?

Guaranteed: no AppleHDA, no audio.

dsdt edits are correct.  Waiting for AppleHDA.kext.

I might've misunderstood. Does this include AppleHDA.kext?

Remove Enabler (if installed)

1. Remove any audio enablers

1. kexts, S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, HDAEnabler8--.kext, ALC8xxHDA.kext, etc.

2. ssdt, remove Extra/SSDT-1.aml (usually) 

EDIT: just tried installing your patch from MB. Still nothing.

Install the dsdt and reply with a new IOReg and org.chameleon.Boot.pllst.

No IOReg/HDEF.  The other injection:  org.chameleon.Boot.plist, remove:

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

Reply with a screenshot of the Extra folder contents and bdmesg or DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log

Install the dsdt and reply with a new IOReg and org.chameleon.Boot.pllst.

No IOReg/HDEF.  The other injection:  org.chameleon.Boot.plist, remove:

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

Reply with a screenshot of the Extra folder contents and bdmesg or DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log

bootlog.rtf

post-1359187-0-02593500-1402604473_thumb.png

Remove Extra/HDAEnabler.dylib

Same problem

bootlog:

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Remove DSDT.aml, compile and save new dsdt to Extra/DSDT.aml

Reply with new bootlog and IOReg.

Tried installing a different AppleHDA.

Injection is working, AppleHDA.kext is loading.  Likely the layout-id is not 1.

Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to the correct layout-id.

Ex,, For layout=12, layout-id/0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Reply with new IOReg.