Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection

toleda

133 posts in this topic

Hi toleda, thanks for your work.

I'd like to report a problem with audio injection on my newest build (see my signature for basic HW specs).

• Description of audio problem:

No audio device recognized/usable, although AppleHDA is loaded. System Profiler shows the correct (injected) layout. As it says in your guide I am not using any custom AppleHDA.kext or enabler.

• OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

OS X 10.9.0 (vanilla install), GA-H87M-D3H with ALC892, Radeon HD 7850

• Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version

I tried the following methods:
    • Clover with Audio Inject=1 and DSDT/FIX_HDA=False
    • Clover with Audio Inject=3 and DSDT/FIX_HDA=False
    • Clover without Audio Inject and DSDT/FIX_HDA=True
  • Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed):

none

• Copy of IOReg:

I'm going to send you this one through a PM, as it contains my serial number
    :)

• Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions selected:

22.12.13 19:13:01,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1525
    22.12.13 19:13:01,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2193
    22.12.13 19:13:01,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 207
    22.12.13 19:13:01,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1084
  • Screenshots:

attached

Edit: Sorry, I cannot send you a PM, as your inbox is full :(

post-109203-0-02744900-1387786391_thumb.jpg

post-109203-0-49610900-1387786400_thumb.jpg

clover-config.plist.zip

No audio device recognized/usable, although AppleHDA is loaded. System Profiler shows the correct (injected) layout. As it says in your guide I am not using any custom AppleHDA.kext or enabler.

Edit: Sorry, I cannot send you a PM, as your inbox is full :(

Injection is working; Inject=1 and FixHDA=NO.  The patched AppleHDA.kext is not loading; where is it?  Need to see IOReg.

PM space available. 

• Like 1

Hello.

I have a Gigabyte motherboard with the ALC889 chipset. I do not have DSDT for my board so I used I chose 1a option.

I initially installed AppleHDA.kext without knowing I needed another kext to make it work.

anyway, here are the steps I used:

1. installed AppleHDA (from this link)

2. installed HDAEnabler1 (from this link)

3. reboot

After the reboot, there are no input/output devices shown in Sound settings thus no sound for me.

using IORegistryExplorer, I verified the layout-id is <01 00 00 00> which is suppose to be the expected value according to this guide.

I must add I didn't use a patched AppleACPIPCI or similar kext.

Any ideas what could be wrong? thanks! :)

Injection is working; Inject=1 and FixHDA=NO. The patched AppleHDA.kext is not loading; where is it? Need to see IOReg.

PM space available.

I've sent you the IOReg through pm. What do you mean by "patched AppleHDA.kext"? I am using Clover and I followed the instructions in [Guide]-Add_HDEF-Clover.pdf. In there it says: "no kext, dsdt or ssdt enabler required".

This why I am using the vanilla AppleHDA.kext, but after reading through your first post carefully I figured that I still need to patch the kext. {censored}, I forgot. I am gonna try that ASAP. You probably do not need the IOReg dump then, as layout injection is already working...

I am gonna try that ASAP. You probably do not need the IOReg dump then, as layout injection is already working...

Your IOReg says the installed AppleHDA.kext is native.  Run the patch script.  It creates a folder on the desktop with original AppleHDA.kext and a backup of the patched AppleHDA.kext.  Restart and make a new IOReg.

• Like 1

Okay, I got it working. I simply thought this would work with a vanilla AppleHDA.kext, but patching is still required. I guess Clover's binary kext patching method is also of no use here, as you need to replace entire files within the kext :(

Just two suggestions for your patching script:

• audio_alc892-91_patch.command is not executable
  • your patch scripts assume that the files were downloaded to ~/Downloads/audio_ALC892-master/. Maybe some dirname magic or relative paths would be better, as they would allow other download locations

Thanks for your efforts.

- mcsmart

Just two suggestions for your patching script:

• audio_alc892-91_patch.command is not executable
  • your patch scripts assume that the files were downloaded to ~/Downloads/audio_ALC892-master/. Maybe some dirname magic or relative paths would be better, as they would allow other download locations

Thanks for the suggestions.

Problem Reporting

1. Description of audio problem, including the following information:

There are no output devices in sound settings.

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

OSX 10.8.5/Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3/F10a/AMD FX-8120/Nvidia GT610/onboard ALC889

3. Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version

installed AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 using Kext wizard. I then repaired permission/cache.

4. Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed)

see 1st attachment. It was extracted/compiled using DSDT Editor. no changes or patches were made/used.

5. Copy of IOReg - IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (not ioreg.txt)

see 2nd attachment. not sure how to verify but opening it using ioreg, it seems ok.

6. Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions selected/Save Selection As…..

post-1276315-0-80552700-1388737794.png

7. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)

post-1276315-0-55800100-1388737788.png

8. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Graphics/Displays

post-1276315-0-13587700-1388737930.png

Thanks very much

DSDT-orig.aml.zip

ioreg-mrjayviper.zip

post-1276315-0-55800100-1388737788_thumb.png

post-1276315-0-80552700-1388737794_thumb.png

post-1276315-0-13587700-1388737930_thumb.png

Problem Reporting

3. Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version

installed AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 using Kext wizard. I then repaired permission/cache.

4. Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed)

see 1st attachment. It was extracted/compiled using DSDT Editor. no changes or patches were made/used.

5. Copy of IOReg - IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (not ioreg.txt)

see 2nd attachment. not sure how to verify but opening it using ioreg, it seems ok.

post-1276315-0-80552700-1388737794.png

7. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)

post-1276315-0-55800100-1388737788.png

post-1276315-0-13587700-1388737930.png

Thanks very much

I have the same motherboard with similar hardware combination, and have unfortunately so far had no way to activate the sound card.

Meroni and Toleda have tried to help me, unfortunately without success. I have tried with DSDT.aml + HDMI-Patch without HDA Enabler although the AppleHDAController.kext is loaded but no Sound active.

and I can confirm your uploaded images even so, I have the same information. I also tried to boot without DSDT.aml + HDAEnabler to activate the sound card unfortunately with the same negative result . AppleHDAController is loaded and I can not adjust anything and no sound .

Our presumption that we should have to programming a new Sound driver for AMD, , perhaps it is not possible to realize with intel-based AppleHDA. Maybe the binary file must be designed in AMD. I could be wrong, but I'm very interested what opinion have Toleda and Meroni.

Edited by spakk

Problem Reporting

AppleHDA.kext supports Intel High Definition Audio (IHDA). For obviously reasons, your AMD does not have a valid IHDA device-id. Often, patching the AppleHDA binary allows support of non supported audio codecs.  For AppleHDA.kext to load for AMD onboard audio, the AppleHDAController binary has to be patched for the AMD audio device-id.  No idea if patching for the AMD audio device-id will work.  If it doesn't, their is no way to use AppleHDA.kext for AMD onboard audio.

The  attached IOReg shows 10024383.  Device-ids represented in AppleHDAController binary are reversed.  Some IHDA device-ids in AppleHDAController are:

86 80 20 8C

86 80 20 9C

86 80 20 1D

86 80 20 1E

86 80 20 1C

86 80 56 3B

Example, using a hex editor on AppleHDAController binary:

Find: 86 80 20 8C

Replace: 02 10 83 43 

Save, install, rebuild cache, restart.  Check for IOReg/HDEF/AppleHDAController.

Meroni and Toleda have tried to help me, unfortunately without success. I have tried with DSDT.aml + HDMI-Patch without HDA Enabler although the AppleHDAController.kext is loaded but no Sound active.

HDMI audio does work on AMD in 10.8 and newer.  Attach your dsdt and IOReg.

• Like 2

AppleHDA.kext supports Intel High Definition Audio (IHDA). For obviously reasons, your AMD does not have a valid IHDA device-id. Often, patching the AppleHDA binary allows support of non supported audio codecs. For AppleHDA.kext to load for AMD onboard audio, the AppleHDAController binary has to be patched for the AMD audio device-id. No idea if patching for the AMD audio device-id will work. If it doesn't, their is no way to use AppleHDA.kext for AMD onboard audio.

The attached IOReg shows 10024383. Device-ids represented in AppleHDAController binary are reversed. Some IHDA device-ids in AppleHDAController are:

86 80 20 8C

86 80 20 9C

86 80 20 1D

86 80 20 1E

86 80 20 1C

86 80 56 3B

Example, using a hex editor on AppleHDAController binary:

Find: 86 80 20 8C

Replace: 02 10 83 43

Save, install, rebuild cache, restart. Check for IOReg/HDEF/AppleHDAController.

HDMI audio does work on AMD in 10.8 and newer. Attach your dsdt and IOReg.

Many thanks toleda for your information.

I will try proceed according to your specifications and will report later. afterwards. For each change, I will upload the ioreg.

Hi Toleda showing my last test with patched AppleHDA by Meroni with DSDT.aml and your HDAEnabler12, with HEX patch

since only the hex patch has brought no successes with the unpatched AppleHDA, I am now experimenting on.
In addition, I tried the PINConfiguration from my code_dump (from Linux and PINConfigurator modified) insert in your HDAEnabler.plist, this is the result-.

fascinating it is that is the AppleHDAController.kext loaded, see Figure 1

Figure 3 shows a small selection of my AppleHDA, I am unsure whether I have done the PINConfiguration correctly. Toleda please check my ioreg perhaps I made a mistake while experimenting. Thank you very much

Figure1.

862028SystemInfokexts.png

Figure 2.

452065SystemInfo.png

Figure 3.

584441mylastpatch.png

spakks_ioreg.zip

Hi toleda,

a small change, eventually we get to the target??. I hope!
I have the PinConfiguration that Mirone has configured for me inserted into the HDAEnabler. Now an unknown speaker is displayed but remains hidden sound. I am attaching my modified AppleHDA.kext, you'll find the modified HDAEnabler under plugins.

please see my last ioreg with unknow speaker and my CodeDump

496747lasttest.png

779734Sound1.png

983425Sound2.png

funny it is that when I open my CodeDump with AppleHDAPatcher of Taruga a different value is displayed , asking for info

see the value: Vendor ID and Subsystem

352077AppleHDAPatcherioreg.png

or does anyone have any idea where I can find the error yet ? :)

AppleHDA.kext.zip

unknown speaker.zip

CodecDump.zip

Hi Toleda showing my last test with patched AppleHDA by Meroni with DSDT.aml and your HDAEnabler12, with HEX patch

since only the hex patch has brought no successes with the unpatched AppleHDA, I am now experimenting on.

In addition, I tried the PINConfiguration from my code_dump (from Linux and PINConfigurator modified) insert in your HDAEnabler.plist, this is the result-.

fascinating it is that is the AppleHDAController.kext loaded, see Figure 1

The enabler has found two codecs, Realtek and Nvidia.  In IOReg, HDEF@14,2 is the Realtek codec, no AppleHDAController.  In IOReg, there is also HDEF@0,1, the Nvidia codec with AppleHDAController.  In both cases, there is no audio.  Without the enabler and with dsdt edits, you can get HDMI audio to work.  Until AppleHDAController shows up attached to HDEF@14,2 there is no chance for onboard audio.

Hi toleda, first of all thanks for all your efforts. I am trying to get sound work on my system, but so far I have not been lucky. I am reporting my configuration following your guidelines, I hope I will not forget something. If you need further data, please let me know.

• Description of audio problem

No audio device is shown in System Preferences/Sound. 

• OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

OS X 10.9.1 vanilla / GA-EP35-DS3L with ALC888 / Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 / GeForce GT 240

• Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version

I followed the guide 1. from this thread, [Guide] Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF.pdf.

I took the AppleHDA.kext v2.3.7 from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/130-realtek-alc888-applehda-audio/ 

• 4. Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed)

5. Copy of IOReg - IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (not ioreg.txt)

All these data are attached in a zip file, except the IOReg which I am going to send you through a PM.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alberto

data.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, toleda. I have a ALC887-VD CAd 0. Is my codec working with your methods? You provides us 5 methods. I`m using Clover bl. My graphics is HD4600 and sound codec is Alc887-vd. What mod should I included in config.plist?  My sound codec is attached, please have a look and includes my sound codec into your next release. Thanks in advance.

ALC887-VD codec.zip

My MB is MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate. My audio has five jacks shows below.

Front: Mic (Pink), Headphone (Green) 

Rear: Mic (Pink), LineOut (Green), LineIn (Blue)

Hello, toleda. I have a ALC887-VD CAd 0. Is my codec working with your methods? You provides us 5 methods. I`m using Clover bl. 

Use only one method for layout-id injection.  If  you use the dsdt posted in your other thread, nothing else is required.  If you do not use the edited dsdt, set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1.  

I tried set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1 with native AppleHDA and Dsdt but not working. Should I set ig-platform-id in clover?

Pick one thread and post your questions to that thread only.

Pick one thread and post your questions to that thread only.

I am using patched applehda with it the patched dsdt, but i am facing this problem when earphones are connected and system restarts or it gets started then no audio device is detected and then i need to remove the earphones from my laptop and restart again then i get the audio device after that i can connect headphones..

Same is the case when i make my computer with earphones connected after waking my computer if i remove the earphones then there is no sound from internal speaker even though they can still be seen in system preferences.....

My system has ALC233

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=140878