Intel hd 4600 + Audio

4 posts in this topic

Hi I managed to install Mavericks onto my computer using the boot usb os x mavericks pkg. To Install I just had to use -v, After installation I still have the USB in and I go to the drive but it hangs on some bluetooth line, If I do -v -f -x it works. Now I am in, I have installed some applications and have been trying things for about 2 hours so it is stable, I have also updated from DP1 to DP4 and everything seems to work. What I want now is because I didn't use the post installation PKG how can I get it to boot without the USB? Can I just get the latest chameleon and install that to the drive? And I also need audio to work, My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87-HD3 and the audio is alc892, How would I enable it? Also I have got full screen resolution using "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60" on boot but I think my GPU (intel hd 4600) is still not recognised, I have been researching and to enable it you need to edit the DSDT or inject platform id or something. I tried using DSDT Editor and I extracted my DSDT but when I compile it has one error and I can't seem to find the IGPU/GFX0 device on the side tree bit. If you can help me get my graphics to work I would be very grateful.

Thanks guys!

In short: I need a way to get ALC892 audio to work, A step by step guide to get the 4600 to work and what I need to boot without a USB. I also need to know how to get it to boot without safe mode, when it stops at the bluetooth line, also when I boot without safe mode I see this ** /dev/rdisk0s2 (NO WRITE) and with safe mode the NO WRITE disappears. What is causing my disk to be read only?

EDIT: Fixed Audio and safe mode issue by removing all the graphics card kexts and now I can boot with just -v and Graphics Mode. Unfortunately the Graphics still do not work. I will also try and fix the chameleon by fixing windows bootloader with the repair disk then boot back into OS X and try and install chameleon.

This Bluetooth error, is because of the graphics card, the HD4600

to start you need to remove all kexts intel mainly intelcapri

and intelazulframebuffer.

Boot-s (single user) and run these commands:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /intelhd_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebufferAzul* AppleFramebufferCapri* /intelhd_backup
reboot

This Bluetooth error, is because of the graphics card, the HD4600
to start you need to remove all kexts intel mainly intelcapri
and intelazulframebuffer.
Boot-s (single user) and run these commands:
fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /intelhd_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebufferAzul* AppleFramebufferCapri* /intelhd_backup
reboot

Pandora's box does this.

Here is what you do, OP:

Download Pandora's Box, go to Post Install, and check Remove Intel Graphics Drivers or something similar to that.

After that you no longer need -x