X7DWA-n patching (5400 series Xeon board)

X7DWA-n Xeon DSDT RTC fsb

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

scalar

scalar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hi guys, I've been running a few years using a DSDT that Maldon originally helped me patch when I was running 667mhz fsb 5400 series Xeons (5430's) & 667mhz fb-dimms.   I now have 5462's and 8 sticks of 800mhz FB-dimms, and I keep burning the damn things out when booted to OSX for any period of time.  Also, with the release of Logic X, newer Native Instruments stuff & Adobe CC apps, it's probably time I start thinking of moving to 10.8.  I'm currently on 10.7.5 booting from an EFI 'hidden partition' that I prepped so I can handle most OSX86 stuff outside of ACPI/DSDT stuff.  So if anyone's willing to help, I'd love to have a hand!

Basically I need to know what needs to be patched for 10.8 and what the current methods are to go about this.  I've spent the last day or so reading & coming up to speed, I noticed Maldon's older tool that I used before has locked threads now (DSDT auto-patcher) and so want to go about figuring out the current best strategy.  What needs to be done for 10.8?  RTC?  EHCI?  Swap the pci root device issue?  etc...

But before that, what is the most current set of utils to use to dump my tables from Windows so I can get the most current PCI/PCIe device tree and hopefully account for the different cpu's & ram that I have now? 

Thanks for any help and I'm willing to expand this topic as needed if I learn enough as I go...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X7DWA-n, Xeon, DSDT, RTC, fsb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy