• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tribes

Tribes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I can't boot into system normally, I get white screen with cursor, nothing else.

Tried the sleep button trick but it doesn't work either.

I really don't know what else to do.

The system only boots on safe mode, what else can I do?

Can someone please help me?

My VGA is a Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X Fan 3gb, can't boot without safe mode, and when I boot under safe mode, I don't know what I can do to make it work, since HD 7950 is supposed to be supported "out of the box"...

thePHPdev

thePHPdev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I've been having a similar issue. Except mine won't boot in safe mode either. Grey screen with cursor at top. Really annoying!

joe_black

joe_black

h4ck1nt0sh3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

http://www.macbreake...hackintosh.html

"Since Chimera and Chameleon bootloader don't work with 7000-series graphics cards yet, you'll have to go to the BIOS of your motherboard and set your integrated graphics card as the primary graphics card instead. This way, Chimera/Chameleon can rely on your integrated graphics card to start Mac OS X."

In a nutshell, set initial display or boot display to integrated... Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, keep monitor connected to your 7000-series card.

Once OS X is booted it will switch over to your ATI card given it has proper ATI kext injection.

Tribes

Tribes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

http://www.macbreake...hackintosh.html

"Since Chimera and Chameleon bootloader don't work with 7000-series graphics cards yet, you'll have to go to the BIOS of your motherboard and set your integrated graphics card as the primary graphics card instead. This way, Chimera/Chameleon can rely on your integrated graphics card to start Mac OS X."

In a nutshell, set initial display or boot display to integrated... Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, keep monitor connected to your 7000-series card.

Once OS X is booted it will switch over to your ATI card given it has proper ATI kext injection.

Hi, I'm on UEFI, I use clover, isn't there a solution with clover yet?

This mode doesn't work with Clover, PC reboots if booting through integrated graphics, even with the plug connected to the VGA...

Ion Darie

Ion Darie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 132 posts

Hi, I'm on UEFI, I use clover, isn't there a solution with clover yet?

This mode doesn't work with Clover, PC reboots if booting through integrated graphics, even with the plug connected to the VGA...

I am using Clover in UEFI mode with a MSI Radeon HD 7770 and it works quite well no problems at all i just had to fiddle with the frame buffer...

Tribes

Tribes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I am using Clover in UEFI mode with a MSI Radeon HD 7770 and it works quite well no problems at all i just had to fiddle with the frame buffer...

Where can I find the correct FrameBuffer?

You didn't had any problems booting into the OS? Didn't had to edit any Kext?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy