Having an annoying issue.

20 posts in this topic

Hello people. I'm trying very hard to get my Hackintosh (iAtkos ML2) to work correctly. I've been up all night trying. And I've scoured the internet for answers and found none.

My Problem:

Everything goes normally until I get a greyish screen with a mouse cursor in the top left corner of the screen. Nothing happens from there.

Now. Here are the things I have tried:

-v to check for errors, none found.

PCIRootUID=0 (I have to use this to be able to see the grey screen in the first place, otherwise it just goes to a black screen and monitors turn off).

npci=0x2000 and 0x3000

-x -f along with the PCIRootUID, same thing.

Different ports on the card. Different configurations (VGA/DVI).

Went to try some command line stuff (-s), but my keyboard does not work no matter what when I want to type a command. (I have tried USBBusFix=Yes and I did install the PS/2 drivers (even though my Keyboard is USB) the same thing happend in the previous installationt too (with PS/2 not installed).

GraphicsEnabler=No (this results in black screen to).

4 customisation configurations during install (Different Mac Models and different configurations, this is the furthest I have gotten so far (grey screen and cursor)).

Tried with and without VGA drivers for NVidia cards.

My System:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Intel Core i5 3770

8GB Corair Vengeance Pro Blue (2x4GB)

NVidia GTS 450 Graphics

WD Black 1TB HDD Dedicated to Mac OS X iAtkos ML2

Corsair TX-650M

Cooler Master HAF-X Case

240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD with Fedora 19 on it (that shouldn't make a difference should it?)

If you could help out that would be great!

Thanks!

The screen I'm stuck at is literally just a blank grey screen with the mouse cursor in the top left, shouldn't that hard to en-image? :P If you really need a pic I'll do it. And there are no errors that would cause this in verbose mode.

I'm going to bet it will work if you disable your nVidia card in BIOS or take it out.

Give that a try first and report back.

That will switch to Intel graphics built into your CPU and then we can rule out the card.

(Make sure if you disable the card you switch your monitor connection to the video out on the motherboard)

What is the manufacturer of that video card, you'll also want to get the device ID for it.

OK, I've just tried with the onboard graphics (Reinstalled with the same settings except I didn't install NVidia driver, and I'm stuck at the same place as before.

And it's a Palit Geforce GTS 450, but i've seen others who have had successful build in practically identical systems.

Thanks.

OK, I'm not having another issue, I've just put in an ATI card and reinstalled iAtkos ML2 successfully (With AMD driver instead). However, I cannot for whatever reason see anything at all now when I boot it up. I see the BIOS post as normal, but the bootloader doesn't show, so I can't type in any kernel flags. And I can't see anything from there on.

Any help would be greatly

OK, Nothing was working on that ATI card at all (not sure which model). But I've put my nvidia back in and we're back to square 1. Mouse cursor is in the top left on a blank grey screen.

Any help?

OK, It made no difference, and I went and tried (first) GraphicsEnabler=No with this trick, but it still resulted in a black screen (no output to monitors) like last time, and with GraphicsEnabler not set, it works up until the white screen with the mouse cursor in the top left corner. (not moveable).

This is really bugging me, as I've seen a built pretty much indentical to mine than worked out of the box. Same Mobo, GPU, CPU etc..

Try what I posted on the other bumped thread you saw.

Set initial/boot display to integrated in BIOS, keep monitor connected to your nVidia card, and use "GraphicsEnabler=No".

If still doesn't work do the same thing with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

EDIT *** Also try a different bootloader. (Try Clover or Chameleon 2.2 r2254)

I already have Chameleon v2.2. And it's still resulting in a grey screen with the mouse cursor in the top left corner of the screen.

Also, here are some screenshots of what I see:

Step one (mac logo, goes normally):

0kg3mwuudczy.JPG

Step two (see the mouse cursor in the top left?):

5z8povkswy3l.JPG

OK, I now have my Hackintosh working to perfection! That's audio, Graphics, Network, the lot...

I'm not actually sure how I solved it, but I didn't install USB3, and I did something else which I have forgotten. But thanks for all the help!

r8ya2hufcxqj.png

I just said:

"I'm not actually sure how I solved it, but I didn't install USB3, and I did something else which I have forgotten. But thanks for all the help!"

Right you said you're not sure how you solved it but what I said is IF you can find out that would be great!