HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

Hey @Andrw0380

Had to recreate another account and answer quizzes to be able to reply to you, but yes I do have the same issue, happens after the boot progress bar, I can't really type my login because everything lags, I can see the mouse skips when I move it, then 10-15s later everything works fine.

Add to that the brightness issue that everyone is aware of by now

Ok good. I thought I was going crazy lol. It is so weird how it seems to just be affecting our Envy laptops.

I could attach my clover files for you to fix brightness, as we use AppleBacklightInjector with a kexttopatch and a SSDT-PNLF.aml file to inject necessary backlight info. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here everyone thanks to @rehabman, we now have the 10.12.4 lag and brightness fixed. I will attach my Clover files and L/E files which has the fix for that and the brightness. The Library/Extensions kexts, I also use AppleALC, Shiki, Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup for audio and to fix the iTunes/Safari freeze when certain videos play. If you would like to keep AppleHDA_IDT76e0.kext and FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, just remove AppleALC and copy the AppleHDA clover patches from @rehabman Envy repository to keep audio working. Enjoy!

Edit: Uploaded an updated package as found out a couple issues with the last package. For one we are back using AppleHDA_IDT86e0_Envy.kext as AppleALC when using with HDMI, sometimes HDMI audio doesn't show up in Sound to output to your connected device. Also I switched back to VBoxHFS.efi from Clover as I would get a Firmware change detected message from time to time from Apple which was only introduced since I started using HFS-Plus.efi.

10.12.4_170421.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey Andrw0380,

I never received the notification email for your last post, pretty weird.

But yes, I would love to know where the modifications are happening if you don't mind.

As much as it would be easier to just replace my files with yours. I'd love to be able to replicate that on my own, so if I can get any guidance that would be great. Or just know what was modified and where.

Thanks

Hey Andrw0380,

I never received the notification email for your last post, pretty weird.

But yes, I would love to know where the modifications are happening if you don't mind.

As much as it would be easier to just replace my files with yours. I'd love to be able to replicate that on my own, so if I can get any guidance that would be great. Or just know what was modified and where.

Thanks

OK here is for the lag fix and here is for the brightness fix. @rehabman says he will update the repo for Envy as using my IOReg he says the fix is valid for HDMI.

• Like 1

OK here is for the lag fix and here is for the brightness fix. @rehabman says he will update the repo for Envy as using my IOReg he says the fix is valid for HDMI.

Thanks Andrw0380,

I managed to fix the lag but didn't quite succeed with the Brightness fix, I think I couldn't figure out how to delete the PNLF patch from SSDT-HACK.aml although i used macIASL. anyways, ended up using your file, then the kextcache command did the trick.

So thanks again to you and Rehabman for always looking out for us

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

So, I've asked this in another topic and they've redirected me to here hoping someone would have the answer. 

Basically, what I want to know is if an installation of OSX will work on HP Envy 17. Are there some stuff that isn't working or is missing? Is it just something minor or something like Wifi or USB ports not responding? 

I will leave a link here to my first post regarding this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286287-hp-envy-17t-3200-install-and-run-os-xmacos/page-16?do=findComment&comment=2415062

Thank you in advance :)

• 4 months later...

macOS High Sierra - was released, if you update and need a new config, can you post the new files here? Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, sorry for posting late as 10.13 had some issues with crashing iTunes but I have the updated Clover and Library/Extension files. As always, update the config.plist with your own serial number and copy the files to the proper folders. I used Clover r4289 with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi selected in the installer. The new Lili and Shiki attached allows iTunes to function without crashing. Thanks to @rehabman, @vit9696 and anyone else who I forgot to mention. Enjoy!

10.13_171108_Envy.zip

• Like 4

Hey everyone, sorry for posting late as 10.13 had some issues with crashing iTunes but I have the updated Clover and Library/Extension files. As always, update the config.plist with your own serial number and copy the files to the proper folders. I used Clover r4289 with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi selected in the installer. The new Lili and Shiki attached allows iTunes to function without crashing. Thanks to @rehabman, @vit9696 and anyone else who I forgot to mention. Enjoy!

In the hackintosh world, if you do not know how to control your anxiety, you may end up having to start from scratch. I decided to wait and anxiety, now, is a thing of the past. Thank you very much.  :thumbsup_anim:

Andrw0380, in my laptop, this files didn't work fine. 'Blink screen' when i use applications like 'google chrome' and others non-native apps by Apple, and the audio, didn't work. When you did work to solve the problems to be compatible with 10.13, you did perceive this happenings? About the audio, i think, if i use one of old versions that you shared, will be fine, but about the 'blink screen', i don't know how to solve. I tried my hackintosh in the 10.13.1.

Here everyone thanks to @rehabman, we now have the 10.12.4 lag and brightness fixed. I will attach my Clover files and L/E files which has the fix for that and the brightness. The Library/Extensions kexts, I also use AppleALC, Shiki, Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup for audio and to fix the iTunes/Safari freeze when certain videos play. If you would like to keep AppleHDA_IDT76e0.kext and FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, just remove AppleALC and copy the AppleHDA clover patches from @rehabman Envy repository to keep audio working. Enjoy!

Edit: Uploaded an updated package as found out a couple issues with the last package. For one we are back using AppleHDA_IDT86e0_Envy.kext as AppleALC when using with HDMI, sometimes HDMI audio doesn't show up in Sound to output to your connected device. Also I switched back to VBoxHFS.efi from Clover as I would get a Firmware change detected message from time to time from Apple which was only introduced since I started using HFS-Plus.efi.

First post updated with links to your newer files. I hope you still don't mind me doing this. Thanks for all your work. Apologizes that it took so long. :poster_oops:

• Like 1

Andrw0380, in my laptop, this files didn't work fine. 'Blink screen' when i use applications like 'google chrome' and others non-native apps by Apple, and the audio, didn't work. When you did work to solve the problems to be compatible with 10.13, you did perceive this happenings? About the audio, i think, if i use one of old versions that you shared, will be fine, but about the 'blink screen', i don't know how to solve. I tried my hackintosh in the 10.13.1.

I am using the files and they work for me. What you may need to do is rebuild cache and reboot. This is one thing I've noticed with 10.13 is after every update is you have to rebuild cache which allows backlight and audio to work without issue. Try this command in terminal to rebuild 'sudo kextcache -I /' or use kext utility.

First post updated with links to your newer files. I hope you still don't mind me doing this. Thanks for all your work. Apologizes that it took so long. :poster_oops:

Not a problem thanks again for stating this thread. This may be my last update as my laptop battery is on it's way out and trying an aftermarket one didn't work. I am looking for a replacement.

• Like 2

Not a problem thanks again for stating this thread. This may be my last update as my laptop battery is on it's way out and trying an aftermarket one didn't work. I am looking for a replacement.

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you luck finding a proper replacement. If it is indeed your last update, i'm sure that I speak for many others in saying that it would be a sad day if we lost your talents and dedication around here. I greatly appreciate all of your many contributions in keeping this thread alive for so long. You had no obligation in doing so and I have no doubt in my mind that it would have very likely died out long ago otherwise. No matter what happens, it's been a pleasure and I wish you all the best in whatever you seek following all this. :)

• Like 1

I am using the files and they work for me. What you may need to do is rebuild cache and reboot. This is one thing I've noticed with 10.13 is after every update is you have to rebuild cache which allows backlight and audio to work without issue. Try this command in terminal to rebuild 'sudo kextcache -I /' or use kext utility.

I'll try.  Thanks for answer. Without your work and support of all in this thread, i'll never would done my hackintosh. The battery of my laptop is going to die, if you find a new laptop compatible, tell us, i will follow your next topic. :rofl:  The price of macbook pro in Brazil it's insanely. Thank you.  :thumbsup_anim:

If you could humor me for a moment Andrw, what did you do to get the brightness slider working on your model for 10.13? I've also been unable to figure out how to re-enable click and drag with the trackpad but everything else is working using your files. Thanks :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you could humor me for a moment Andrw, what did you do to get the brightness slider working on your model for 10.13? I've also been unable to figure out how to re-enable click and drag with the trackpad but everything else is working using your files. Thanks :)

Along with the AppleBacklightInjector, I used Kext Utility to repair permissions and the next reboot allowed me to get brightness working. Make sure you have the brightness kexttopatch enabled from Rehabman which allows the AppleBacklightInjector to function. Hope that helps as that is what I did to get it to work.

• Like 1

Along with the AppleBacklightInjector, I used Kext Utility to repair permissions and the next reboot allowed me to get brightness working. Make sure you have the brightness kexttopatch enabled from Rehabman which allows the AppleBacklightInjector to function. Hope that helps as that is what I did to get it to work.

Sure enough, I got the brightness working shortly after my reply. I thought I removed the post so I wouldn't be wasting your time but I guess I must have forgot. Sorry about that but thanks for getting back to me and confirming the method for others who might encounter similar situations. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I installed 10.13.2 on my laptop using the provided files and it all works fine, except the wifi, it doesn't recognize the original apple wifi card that worked on 10.11.6.
My wifi card is  Bcm94321mc Broadcom

also the screen is corrupted until I close and open the lid, then the graphics look fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz1z2b6sdnwsurc/IMG_2266.jpg?dl=0

I've also noticed the bottom of the screen glitching up once in a while, especially when discord is open, also chrome has a lot of image artifacts.
I think it's like someone else said, non-apple programs make the screen glitch.

I have rebuilt the cashes and fixed permissions but problems still persist.

Thanks for the files.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I installed 10.13.2 on my laptop using the provided files and it all works fine, except the wifi, it doesn't recognize the original apple wifi card that worked on 10.11.6.

My wifi card is  Bcm94321mc Broadcom

also the screen is corrupted until I close and open the lid, then the graphics look fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz1z2b6sdnwsurc/IMG_2266.jpg?dl=0

I've also noticed the bottom of the screen glitching up once in a while, especially when discord is open, also chrome has a lot of image artifacts.

I think it's like someone else said, non-apple programs make the screen glitch.

I have rebuilt the cashes and fixed permissions but problems still persist.

Thanks for the files.

I don't have your card so i'm not sure how helpful I can be but It sounds like you might be missing a Clover patch to enable your wifi device. I unfortunately don't have or know of a patch off the top of my head but try looking around the forum or web. It's also possible that your wifi device ids aren't supported with the included enabler. If that's the case you could try adding them in to see if it helps. Otherwise, you might need a different enabler. Generally speaking, if you have a proper enabler and the device is supported, it should work.

In my experience the screen glitching also needs a Clover patch to fix what FakePCIID doesn't take care of for you. It usually gets resolved for me after a successful cache rebuild and reboot. Make sure to update your FakePCIID files to see if it makes a difference since I believe Rehab tries to incorporate newer fixes into each build to prevent the need for extra Clover patches.

I'm not very knowledgeable concerning issues of newer OS X flavors but i'm working on fixing that. I have been working on updating files though. No promises at the moment since it might still be a ways off still but check back soon and I may have newer, tested files on the first post soonish. Either way, I wish you luck solving your issues. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :)

• Like 1

Thank you for your help! I'll look into your suggestions! I will report back if I somehow fixed it.

oh it appears High Sierra dropped support for my wifi card. bummer 

Anyway thanks again for the files, I received this computer running El Capitan and it works great but I wanted to upgrade it.
now I just got fix the flicker and I think everything will be great!

Also I don't know if anyone has noticed but SIRI does not work at all with the internal microphone.

Thank you for your help! I'll look into your suggestions! I will report back if I somehow fixed it.

oh it appears High Sierra dropped support for my wifi card. bummer

Anyway thanks again for the files, I received this computer running El Capitan and it works great but I wanted to upgrade it.

now I just got fix the flicker and I think everything will be great!

Also I don't know if anyone has noticed but SIRI does not work at all with the internal microphone.

Erp, well at least you got an answer concerning your wifi issues. >_<

I appreciate it but you're thanking the wrong person for the files. All credit should go to Andrw0308 for his work compiling together packages starting with Yosemite 10.10.x and up. I only started the thread and provided packages for Mountain Lion 10.8.x & Mavericks 10.9.x.

Thanks for letting the thread know of your mic issues with Siri. Unfortunately, due to the mention of hardware problems, Andrw may or may not be able to look into fixing it. I don't use Siri and am not running a capable OS supporting it so it's doubtful that I would fix it. Either way, it's good for viewers of the thread to know of current problems and their solutions if available.

Lastly, I looks like you're relatively new here so I thought i'd give you a heads up. You may want to remove your link sometime soon since last I knew of links to THAT site were against the rules of the forum. I quickly checked and did come across this so maybe someone can confirm or deny if this (very old) rule is still in effect.

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene. Example of commercial spin-off: tonymacx86.

Welcome to the forum and good luck again getting your screen issues worked out. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I need just a bit of help with my laptop j120-us, I can't make the audio work, it was working fine on Sierra, but after upgrading to High Sierra, everything is working (wifi, ethernet, bt, intel video, afps volume, usb ports, etc) except the audio!, can someone help me? , it's been quite a long time and I don't remember what I did before to make it work or where I found the solution, any help will be appreciated ,

Thanks