hp envy 17t-j000 mountain lion osx86 10.8 10.9 10.8.5 10.10 10.11

• Please log in to reply
1210 replies to this topic

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 4,334 posts

Sorry this was not my kext, is patched by someone else as described at first post, just I modified the Info.plist with new kexts dependencies.

Hi Rehabman, you're right, but it comes from the 10.10_ENVY_10261024.zip at the first post and I've just use its original contents and did not notice that (the plist is new but I've copied and replaced using the buggie IOKitPersonalities dictionary :(  ). Thanks.

@Andrw0380, BTW I never considering to use an hand set instead as Headphones, like to use it with Skype, so probably I simply never take it into account ..also never tried to plug it in.

@mnfesq thanks, will try, only lately I have a little time to dedicate on my Hack, but I will.

Now is intresting the TRRS connector, I have one coming with my Galaxy S5 mini..

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...

No proof... you didn't provide the files requested in guide post #1, "Problem Reporting".

:-)

You get nothing! ;p
Nah, I finally got it sorted out for this my machines. It ended up being data conflicts. I was using pinconfig info from older installs with working audio to build my newer 10.10+ injectors and that extra data was enough to cause the injector to fail and for all my headaches. It sounds simple enough but trust me, this one had me almost ripping my hair out for weeks. I guess there is just some data that 10.10+ audio injectors not only don't need but refuse to load if it exists.  I'll be spending the next week or so fixing this in ALL of my injectors so I never have to deal with this again.
Just two more machines to go *sadface* All done! Everything is back to working properly again! :D

UPDATE: There's a bit more to this actually. Including what's written above, I found that the REAL culprit behind my HDA frustrations was multiple injectors causing conflicts with one another. You see, I have 10.11.x installed on a USB drive for testing and each of my machines has a different audio codec so naturally, each needs their own injector with different data to get HDA working. I had 3 injectors installed and I found that only one of them would load at a time. This makes sense considering each of them shares certain similarities, including version numbers. So, it mostly came down to this being the major problem that I wasn't aware of until today. I remedied and future-proofed this issue from occurring again by combining all the data needed for multiple machines into one big injector. So for those who don't know, it is very UNWISE to try to have multiple HDA injectors on the same install of OS X since only one will load. Feels great to finally put this one to rest. Go me! ;p

Thanks again to everyone who offered to help me with it! ^_^

The bundle identifier for "HDA Hardware Config Resource" is wrong. You have "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA". Should be: "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" as that is the bundle that IOClass "AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" lives in.

Oops. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll update that asap. Sneaky little thing slipped past me all this time. Luckily, it isn't persistent across any of my backup files.

dcbasso

dcbasso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Guys I have two questions:

1. My sound works, but only in front-left, the front-right is low volume and very treble... I not install the voodooHDA, last time I try I just got kernel panic or something like after reboot, but I need to install voodoohda? (In linux Ubuntu I use HDA JACK RESTAK to select pins and make the sound very good like we can see in here: https://www.reddit.c...speakers_on/ );

2. My HP show that Im using a MacBook Pro (13inch) I need to make some change to SMBIOS (or something like that) to change and make something work... or get something better? Where I can find a good explanation?

dcbasso

dcbasso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

My CODEC is:

IDT 92HD91BXX codec

From HP Eny m7-J178ca, How can I get the correct KEXT file or how can I fix my audio problem:?

georgebergling

georgebergling

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hey,

Today my iPhone stopped working with my USB ports, it says 'unpowered usb device' (but mouse, webcam and other things are still working).

What should I do to repair this?

Thank you so much!

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Does anyone have working audio in macosx Sierra? I have everything else working except Audio. Under Audio, I do have the inputs listed but no Outputs are showing. I know usually that can mean either a Clover patch is needed or the AppleHDA76e0.kext needs patching for 10.12, but my patch_hda.sl is not working to patch it. Any suggestions? Great work @Rehabman on your continued work

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

Does anyone have working audio in macosx Sierra? I have everything else working except Audio. Under Audio, I do have the inputs listed but no Outputs are showing. I know usually that can mean either a Clover patch is needed or the AppleHDA76e0.kext needs patching for 10.12, but my patch_hda.sl is not working to patch it. Any suggestions? Great work @Rehabman on your continued work

Extra patch required in 10.12 (due to new range comparison): 3d8a19d411->3d00000000

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Extra patch required in 10.12 (due to new range comparison): 3d8a19d411->3d00000000

Thanks that worked! I know it's pre-release but after taking a longer look, I do notice that the laptop function keys are not working to adjust brightness/volume. Will a change need to be made to SSDT-hack?

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

Thanks that worked! I know it's pre-release but after taking a longer look, I do notice that the laptop function keys are not working to adjust brightness/volume. Will a change need to be made to SSDT-hack?

Something has changed in the input system. It breaks other software too (Karabiner), so maybe it will be fixed, or we'll see how an official developer (such as the developer of Karabiner) works around it.

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Something has changed in the input system. It breaks other software too (Karabiner), so maybe it will be fixed, or we'll see how an official developer (such as the developer of Karabiner) works around it.

Thanks will wait to see. For a beta I found it to be pretty smooth and good UI responsiveness.

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Since I have been using Mac OSX Sierra, I also noticed that if I launch Safari and browse within a few minutes, the whole OS crashes. No kernel panic is displayed and no I/O activity is shown and the time completely stops. Can anyone confirm this as not sure if it's because of video on the screen which may be caused by the FakePCI_Intel kexts or something else? I am using the latest kexts from Rehabman's Github which had no issues on El Capitan and also have the proper SSDT applied from the instructions on Github. I know Mac OSX Sierra is in GM but this is one thing that didn't even happen on El Capitan in it's early beta's.

I wanted to post this as I looked and couldn't find any info on this site or anywhere else about this.

Edit: It seems to happen especially with certain video websites. One website always has commercials and Mac will completely freeze before it brings up the commercials for a video. I checked on a browser that works and it looks like the commercials use Flash and when the regular video plays it's HTML5. On Safari, I did download the latest flash and not sure if Safari has a place to adjust HTML5 settings. Wanted to provide this detail in case it's all websites that use both formats.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, envy, 17t-j000, mountain lion, osx86, 10.8, 10.9, 10.8.5, 10.10, 10.11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy