HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, gygabyte666 said:

10.13.6 (High Sierra) ENVY:

10.12.6 (Sierra) ENVY:

10.11.6 (El Capitan) ENVY:

10.10.5 (Yosemite) ENVY:

Hopefully this isn't seen as spam. I felt it was necessary to keep the first post tidy and neat. I would have liked to have shared these sooner but I've had to deal with a hard drive failure over the last few days. As you can probably imagine, that kept me pretty busy.

Now, I don't exactly expect these files to be seen a IMPORTANT updates or anything because that's not what they are. They are simply the end result of me going through old archives and trying to tidy up my previous and unfinished work. As will soon be mentioned on the first post, If you are looking to test the latest and greatest or cutting edge, go with RehabMan's hotpatch repo. If you have things working for you now then GREAT! There is likely nothing in these files that will be of much use to you. These files absolutely are NOT cutting edge, latest and greatest kind of stuff. Almost all of them share files with very similar if not identical version numbers and revisions. These are what I had around and what worked for me during MY personal testing. It is very doubtful that the included kexts are even up-to-date today. They were up-to-date enough, for me. These files were created using very basic testing to ensure very basic functionality. I cannot possibly foresee or test for every possible setup scenario, so I don't even try to. Keep this in mind should you decide to test them out. All that said, hopefully, someone finds a use for them.

On 10/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, daniek9898 said:

Hello!

Updated with last gygabyte666 config. Audio working well!

But, the problem with bluetooth headphones is not solved. 
Any Bluetooth headphones aren't working with BCM94352. But, with usb bluetooth module - headphones, and especially airpods working well.

Please, help me solve it.

I am unaware of any bluetooth audio problems. You have provided very little detail regarding your issues. Please keep in mind that I do not use bluetooth headphones nor do I own a pair to test with. See above explanation for why I may be unable to assist you. I use the same bluetooth module as yourself but I have experienced no problems to speak of yet using 10.14. My testing is minimal and the only bluetooth device I have tested is an Apple mouse and it works exactly as expected. It is my understanding that AppleHDA underwent several changes in 10.14. This may or may not have something to do with your problem. Have you tested using 10.13 to see if it persists? I would start there if I were you. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am completely new in this. I installed MacOS Mojave in my Envy 15-j1XX notebook. All is fine but I have a problem with the audio, it doesn't work. The readme.txt said that IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext should already include a symlink to the 
original /S/L/E AppleHDA.

I try to use the command ln -s /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA <PATHTOINJECTOR>.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA but I don't know what I have to put in <PATHTOINJECTOR>. The bottom speakers and the subwoofer are still not working?

And another question, what gestures of trackpad are working? For me only works the scroll, nothing about pinch to zoom or three fingers gestures.

Thanks.

Edited by davigar

I have a problem and tried to solve, but now i don't have any ideas which how to do... When the boot join in install screen(Choose language) the video get glitched... How to solve it?

My Laptop:
HP Envy 15t-j100
i7 4700MQ - HD4600
8GB DDR3
NVidia 840M

who that has a similar notebook can send me the clover files?(config.plist, SSDT(Patched) and kexts that you used)

156654253_ScreenShot1396-07-03at6_01_23PM.png.c83736c2e450d24c785bbaab08a837b8.png

Edited by xAndre

35 minutes ago, xAndre said:

I have a problem and tried to solve, but now i don't have any ideas which how to do... When the boot join in install screen(Choose language) the video get glitched... How to solve it?

My Laptop:
HP Envy 15t-j100
i7 4700MQ - HD4600
8GB DDR3
NVidia 840M

who that has a similar notebook can send me the clover files?(config.plist, SSDT(Patched) and kexts that you used)

glitch.jpg

I have the same problem too, I solve it pressing by 2 seconds the power on button every time that I power on my computer. I am doing test to solve it.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, davigar said:

I have the same problem too, I solve it pressing by 2 seconds the power on button every time that I power on my computer. I am doing test to solve it.

I'll try here, if you solve, tell me. THANK YOU!

Edit: Did not work... :(
Now I know what you mean... Your System are installed, but mine no... This happen when i try to start install in "choose language". 

Edited by xAndre

1 hour ago, xAndre said:

I'll try here, if you solve, tell me. THANK YOU!

Edit: Did not work... :(
Now I know what you mean... Your System are installed, but mine no... This happen when i try to start install in "choose language". 

For installing in clover graphic options don't check the inject graphics option and if that does not work, don't check the second option and check the first

19 minutes ago, davigar said:

Para instalar em opções gráficas de trevo, não marque a opção de injeção de gráficos e, se isso não funcionar, não marque a segunda opção e verifique o primeiro.

I'm using the files of this topic, are deactivated. I don't know how to solve this problem. :wacko:

13 hours ago, xAndre said:

My Laptop:
HP Envy 15t-j100
i7 4700MQ - HD4600
8GB DDR3
NVidia 840M

glitch.jpg

The fix I made for my laptop is to change the resolution that matches my GPU. Try to press the sleep button once you reach that screen and press power button to wake, then after login try to change your screen display resolution.

10 hours ago, tayuman said:

The fix I made for my laptop is to change the resolution that matches my GPU. Try to press the sleep button once you reach that screen and press power button to wake, then after login try to change your screen display resolution.

I need to install OSX first, and i can't, because this problem starts when I boot to install....
Edit: I'm a FCKing idiot... I forgot to boot with legacy support. Now, I finally back to OS X(Sierra 10.12.6)... Thank you all!

Edited by xAndre

On 11/6/2018 at 4:52 PM, davigar said:

Hi, I am completely new in this. I installed MacOS Mojave in my Envy 15-j1XX notebook. All is fine but I have a problem with the audio, it doesn't work. The readme.txt said that IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext should already include a symlink to the 
original /S/L/E AppleHDA.

I try to use the command ln -s /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA <PATHTOINJECTOR>.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA but I don't know what I have to put in <PATHTOINJECTOR>. The bottom speakers and the subwoofer are still not working?

And another question, what gestures of trackpad are working? For me only works the scroll, nothing about pinch to zoom or three fingers gestures.

Thanks.

Anyone can help me about this?

3 hours ago, xAndre said:

Use Kext Utility and put IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext file there and wait, when finish, delete the file from kexts/other and reboot.

It doesn't work, It's the only thing I have left to have Mojave 100% functional

On 11/7/2018 at 8:34 AM, xAndre said:

I need to install OSX first, and i can't, because this problem starts when I boot to install....
Edit: I'm a FCKing idiot... I forgot to boot with legacy support. Now, I finally back to OS X(Sierra 10.12.6)... Thank you all!

Apologizes for the late reply. I take it you got everything sorted out then, yes? Hopefully, so.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:48 PM, davigar said:

I have managed to get the speakers working but only the two top speakers are heard, the bottom ones and the subwoofer are not. It is normal? I seemed to read that there was a solution but I do not understand English well.

My injector, IDT92HD91BXXInject only supports the two top speakers. Research was done in the past to improve this and include the remaining two speakers and subwoofer but I chose to not pursue it. Of course, you are always welcome to try to improve things. Just do us all the favor of sharing the results so everyone can benefit. Thanks. :)

On the HP Envy 17 J102SR Everything works perfectly on the Samsung 850PRO SSD
I7 4702QM \ HD4600 \ 16gb RAM

AR5B195 not supported at 10.14, but I installed the kext AirPort.Atheros40.kext and everything is fine :D
I would also like to note that AudioInjector turned on 4 speakers! 2 upper and 2 lower.
Athough to be honest, there are minor brakes in the lunchpad when you open large folders with applications. And there is no smooth decrease in brightness when going to sleep or getting out of sleep.
How to disable the touchscreen? it is on HS13 and I’m not deleting this item in the SSDT, but instead adding a LeapMotion device, which I don’t need at all. :|

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anybody managed to successfully install Catalina fully working using Opencore?

I have Catalina 10.15.7 working on OC but sound will only work if using voodooHDA, only rear speakers working.  Ive tried allsorts to get the idt kext working through ALC but to no avail, very flustrating!

Im guessing this is a dead thread now, but worth a try..

Gaz

02.01.2021 в 01:54, burrows1980 сказал:

Кому-нибудь удалось успешно установить Каталину, полностью работающую с использованием Opencore?

У меня Catalina 10.15.7 работает на OC, но звук будет работать только при использовании voodooHDA, работают только задние динамики. Я пробовал все, чтобы idt kext работал через ALC, но безрезультатно, очень раздражает!

Я предполагаю, что сейчас это мертвая нить, но попробовать стоит ..

Газ

Проблема в SSDT. Загрузите сюда свой efi полностью. Я постараюсь понять ваш вопрос.

Edited by Pasqui

• 9 months later...