[WIP] HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9/10.10

hp envy 17t-j000 quad mountain lion mavericks osx86 10.8 10.9 10.8.5

Best Answer pokenguyen, 24 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

BTW, the '-da' option seems to work pretty well...

iasl -da *.aml

It works for me too. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
893 replies to this topic

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,980 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

Ok, it worked, but now i'm seeing this.

Did you prepare your USB as per guide? Did you use it to boot? Did you run 'make cleanallex' as the guide recommends when repatching?

In order to get a clean extract (in ./disassemble.sh), you need to have a 'clean' Clover configuration wrt ACPI. It is discussed in detail a few posts back.

georgebergling

georgebergling

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Did you prepare your USB as per guide? Did you use it to boot? Did you run 'make cleanallex' as the guide recommends when repatching?

In order to get a clean extract (in ./disassemble.sh), you need to have a 'clean' Clover configuration wrt ACPI. It is discussed in detail a few posts back.

RehabMan I'm going to reinstall OS X Yosemite from 0. I'll save my serial, mlb, etc to do a clean installation with your guide. 

I'll tell you, I hope it works.

Thank you very much

helpme

helpme

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Hi gygabyte666, I just saw your thread and I'd like to ask you a few things cause I'm the owner of a HP Envy 15-j100el, a laptop that is very similar to yours. I just installed Yosemite 10.10.2 (recently updated to 10.10.4 version) but I still need to fix somethings:

- Audio: speakers on top don't work and also the same things applies to 3,5mm output for headset. If I put my earphones's jack I can hear the typical "groak" but sound still comes off of bottom subwoofers (which work). If there's no solution for speakers on top no problem, but I'd like to enable sound on earphones (on specs HP says it's a 4 speakers 2 subwoofer Beats Audio system, but on Windows it uses IDT high definition audio drivers so it's basically a Realtek audio set)

- Card reader: I googled enough to see that there's no solution because it's Realtek made

- Webcam: it doesn't work, but I still don't know if there's a kext for HP Truevision HD webcam

- Bluetooth: same as webcam. Indeed not a big loss for me, because I don't use it, but if there's a solution I wouldn't mind to have it ready to use (like wifi it's a Mediatek/Ralink stuff)

- Sleep: if I push I/O button it just turn off the screen. If there's a way to enable it, I'd be very happy to enable this feature

- Temporary mouse freeze: soon after I logged in for a couple of seconds it seems freezes, than it keeps going work quite good. It's nothing serious, but if there's a solution I'd be glad to fix that little problem. More an aesthetic fix than other 

Can you tell me if there's something I can fix? Thank you so much!

helpme

helpme

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Update: In the meantime I discovered that audio on headset works if battery is connected in my laptop, about sleep I noticed that if I close my laptop's lid the OS seems to turn off for a while but soon after it turn on again. So seems like that this features are in some way enabled but they needs something like a code fix..

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Hi gygabyte666, I just saw your thread and I'd like to ask you a few things cause I'm the owner of a HP Envy 15-j100el, a laptop that is very similar to yours. I just installed Yosemite 10.10.2 (recently updated to 10.10.4 version) but I still need to fix somethings:

- Audio: speakers on top don't work and also the same things applies to 3,5mm output for headset. If I put my earphones's jack I can hear the typical "groak" but sound still comes off of bottom subwoofers (which work). If there's no solution for speakers on top no problem, but I'd like to enable sound on earphones (on specs HP says it's a 4 speakers 2 subwoofer Beats Audio system, but on Windows it uses IDT high definition audio drivers so it's basically a Realtek audio set)

- Card reader: I googled enough to see that there's no solution because it's Realtek made

- Webcam: it doesn't work, but I still don't know if there's a kext for HP Truevision HD webcam

- Bluetooth: same as webcam. Indeed not a big loss for me, because I don't use it, but if there's a solution I wouldn't mind to have it ready to use (like wifi it's a Mediatek/Ralink stuff)

- Sleep: if I push I/O button it just turn off the screen. If there's a way to enable it, I'd be very happy to enable this feature

- Temporary mouse freeze: soon after I logged in for a couple of seconds it seems freezes, than it keeps going work quite good. It's nothing serious, but if there's a solution I'd be glad to fix that little problem. More an aesthetic fix than other 

Can you tell me if there's something I can fix? Thank you so much!

You can try my updated files for 10.10 here. Everything works except the card reader. Make sure you installed the latest Clover boot loader and repair permissions and cache.

helpme

helpme

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Hi Andrw0380 thanks for your reply! I download your folder but first I'd like to ask you few things. What's about DummyHDA kext? And do VoodooPS2Controller kext enables webcam? Because my mouse and keyboard work perfectly (touchpad, scrolling, backlight, volume, brightness play/pause/forward keys..) so first I'd like to know if this kext enables some feature I still don't have on Yosemite. Then I'd like to know which kext you gave me enables fixed sleep. Thank you again!!

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Hi Andrw0380 thanks for your reply! I download your folder but first I'd like to ask you few things. What's about DummyHDA kext? And do VoodooPS2Controller kext enables webcam? Because my mouse and keyboard work perfectly (touchpad, scrolling, backlight, volume, brightness play/pause/forward keys..) so first I'd like to know if this kext enables some feature I still don't have on Yosemite. Then I'd like to know which kext you gave me enables fixed sleep. Thank you again!!

DummyHDA is for updated audio. With the IDT kext that was downloaded before the amber mute light would stay on when playing music and the top speakers were not working. The webcam works with the DSDT and SSDT files in the Clover > ACPI > patched folder. The VoodooPS2Contoller is for an updated keyboard and mouse driver.

helpme

helpme

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Fine, thank you! So I just need to delete DSDT and SSDT file in my Clover folder with the ones you supplied, right?

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Fine, thank you! So I just need to delete DSDT and SSDT file in my Clover folder with the ones you supplied, right?

Yep and make sure you repair permission and rebuild cache with Kext Utility or Kext Wizard to make sure all the kexts provided will load.

Edit: Use files here my first upload on post #700 was corrupted

helpme

helpme

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Listen Andrw0380, I just changed SSDT and DSDT but still Yosemite doesn't see my webcam.. However, I don't know if it depends from this change, seems like that now sleep mode works fine. Indeed it needs a dozen of seconds more that sleep on Windows 8 to put OS on standby but at least it seems to work. Even mouse soon after login seems now a little bit smoother than before.

What do you think, what may I have been wrong with the webcam?

blayze

blayze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 10 posts

anybody have the subwoofer working or any idea where to start to work on getting it working along with all 4 speakers.

djfuq

djfuq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:techno minimal house electro

config.plists in first post have 

< 

and 

>

in various places... just fyi gygabyte666  -- would be nice to clean those turds up next release.

also, in 1010 im stuck on "still waiting for root device" and then the screen goes to a ghostbusters symbol (yep im from the 80s, sue me lol) am I missing a kext? what should my storage settings be in clover? what uefi storage drivers are appropriate? halp!

rafattouqir

rafattouqir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Software Development, Hackintosh, Playing with Devices

What is the new procedure that activates imessage and facetime on osx 10.10.2~10.10.4 ?
I've already followed some steps like this ,didn't work,
Another steps that I've seen on insanelymac that latest procedure is to use original serial,MLB,ROM, In which case I've none so I was unable to activate imessage.
Anyone activated imessage and facetime ? If so, then please share .
Thanks.

blayze

blayze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 10 posts

need subwoofer to work

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, envy, 17t-j000, quad, mountain lion, mavericks, osx86, 10.8, 10.9, 10.8.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy