HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21FB for the Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. OSX identifies as 20702A3 chipset while Windows is BCM20702A0. I would be willing to test the other 10.11 bluetooth injector when it's available.

The current Brcmbluetoothinjector detects bluetooth, but just won't allow any device to connect to it. the current BrcmPatchRAM just doesn't work. I too would be willing to test the other 10.11 bluetooth injector when it's available. For now, a work around is that if your able to dual boot--log into windows from clover and reset (not shut down). once your back at the clover bootloader log into OSX and your bluetooth should work if your using current Brcmbluetoothinjector (without BrcmPatchRAM or FakePCIID XHCI Mux kexts installed). But yes, i want a fix for this, i thank rehabman for all of the dedication he puts into these communities. It is incredible how much ground he covers everyday, so i know he got something good cooking.

Hi Andrw0380 , I'm having trouble booting into El Capitan developer beta 6 - Usb installer.

Used your files added all the kext to Clover/10.11 folder, created bootable usb using same procedure as i did in Yosemite.

Is there any problem or any point that I was missing.

I stuck at apple logo.

Hi Andrw0380 , I'm having trouble booting into El Capitan developer beta 6 - Usb installer.

Used your files added all the kext to Clover/10.11 folder, created bootable usb using same procedure as i did in Yosemite.

Is there any problem or any point that I was missing.

I stuck at apple logo.

Try this one. My previous upload in the config.plist didn't have "InjectKexts" selected to Detect. I also updated the latest files from Rehabman. Remember to add your own serial number in the config.plist.

10.11_ENVY_08102015.zip

• Like 2

Try this one. My previous upload in the config.plist didn't have "InjectKexts" selected to Detect. I also updated the latest files from Rehabman. Remember to add your own serial number in the config.plist.

You are awesome,mate.  :thumbsup_anim: 

In the meantime I've been able to boot using your previous kexts using clover-boot with injected kexts option.

After successful boot using your previous kexts ,everything was working except the acpibacklight.kext and graphics glich.

Let me try your newer version.

Just popping in really fast to express just how AWESOME it is that this thread is still bouncing right along over TWO YEARS after I started it!

It was created to help people and I think it's safe to say that after two years and over 900+ posts later, it's still doing its job EXCEEDINGLY well to this day.

I wish I could be more active in it like I was but I just gotta say that it is fantastic that so many awesome people are taking such great care of it and the other members in need of assistance during my absence. You guys are all amazing! Let's keep it up for another two years. :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

is it going to even be possible to get Product Id: 0x3404 

Vendor ID: 0x13d3  Azurewave BCM94352H working in el capitan even with an updated brcmpatchram kext?

Assuming I can get BrcmPatchRAM.kext to work. So far... not so much. You can track progress here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/issues/3

It sort of works... in that if you use "kextload", it works..

• Like 1

Hi Andrw0380, on Yosemite I deleted IDT injector and installed your HDADummy injector. Now mute light on mute button/F6 is off, volume icon on status bar works properly and top speakers finally work too, but I've always the jack audio problem. When I plug in headphones, audio continues to come off the speakers, and seems like correct switch happens just after system sleep. How did you solve the problem? It's about 3 weeks I'm going crazy with that stuck..

Hi Andrw0380, on Yosemite I deleted IDT injector and installed your HDADummy injector. Now mute light on mute button/F6 is off, volume icon on status bar works properly and top speakers finally work too, but I've always the jack audio problem. When I plug in headphones, audio continues to come off the speakers, and seems like correct switch happens just after system sleep. How did you solve the problem? It's about 3 weeks I'm going crazy with that stuck..

I have that same problem. Has there been any improvements to the speakers to get all four speakers and/or the subwoofer? 

• Like 1

I have that same problem. Has there been any improvements to the speakers to get all four speakers and/or the subwoofer? 

Hey @Andrw0380 ,

Aren't you facing any issues with shutdown/restart ?

I'm facing problem,sometimes it shutdown successfully and sometimes it doesn't. :hyper:

I haven't seen how to fix the headphone jack detection. I think it must have to do with the built-in mic detecting whether your headphones has a mic itself. I think this is because just by launching Windows and testing, every time the microphone is trying to use, you can hear the little squeak sound that happens with OSX when you first play a sound or after a few seconds. I just am not fluent in pinconfig to try and experiment. I know some people like @Rehabman, @Mirone or even @nrjmadan who fixed the front speakers for me might be able to shed more light.

Regarding the shutdown/reboot issues, I haven't had any. I am on El Captain latest beta. You can try upgrading to latest Clover and maybe trying @Rehabman's Github page to find his thread about creating the SSDT's and DSDT from scratch as my files created from that are working no problem.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to install the GM Candidate? I keep getting stuck at the verbose screen which indications look like DMOS hasn't arrived since don't see the message.  This is from booting from the hard drive from the installer. I tried creating a USB and put in FakeSMC in Clover under kext and 10.11 folder but nothing. Strange thing is if I wait 5 minutes after waiting on the same verbose screen I see the Apple logo but no progress is shown and just freezes from there. I made sure my config.plist has DetectKext set to Yes.

Has anyone been able to install the GM Candidate? I keep getting stuck at the verbose screen which indications look like DMOS hasn't arrived since don't see the message.  This is from booting from the hard drive from the installer. I tried creating a USB and put in FakeSMC in Clover under kext and 10.11 folder but nothing. Strange thing is if I wait 5 minutes after waiting on the same verbose screen I see the Apple logo but no progress is shown and just freezes from there. I made sure my config.plist has DetectKext set to Yes.

Place all injection kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.  Make sure no version specific directories exist under EFI/Clover/kexts.

• Like 1

I am a total noob and used the files from the first page to install 10.10 with clover. I have the Envy 17t-j1000 which is basically the same specs just a slightly different cpu. The main issue i have is graphics corruption and crashes when playing a youtube video. Are the files on the first post up to date? What am I doing incorrect? 

Is there another guide somewhere in this thread? There are too many pages.

I am a total noob and used the files from the first page to install 10.10 with clover. I have the Envy 17t-j1000 which is basically the same specs just a slightly different cpu. The main issue i have is graphics corruption and crashes when playing a youtube video. Are the files on the first post up to date? What am I doing incorrect? 

Is there another guide somewhere in this thread? There are too many pages.

Read here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

This worked perfect. I am not sure why you don't have a link for donations.

Nice to hear the guide worked for you...

It is something I have considered, but I'm on the fence about it. PM me if you'd like to buy me a beer.

• Like 1

Anyone know of a way to make clover the default boot loader? My machine boots directly to windows which is on the same drive. the only way i can boot mac os is by selecting boot from efi file.

Two ways:

1) [advanced] Add a UEFI bootloader entry to BIOS with 'efibootmgr' in Linux. Make sure the new entry is first priority.

2) [easier] rename \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

#1 has the advantage of surviving Windows updates to bootmgfw.efi.