HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

OK so just to check if I understood correctly. This is what we tried { 0x40, 0, 0, 0, } (getting inspired from this)

and this is what I need to try (i'm confused with all the zeros and if i should add or remove them):

0x01 { 0x01, 0, 0, 0,  }

0x02 { 0x02, 0, 0, 0,  }

0x04 { 0x04, 0, 0, 0,  } 

0x08 { 0x08, 0, 0, 0,  } 

0x10 { 0x10, 0, 0, 0,  } 

0x20 { 0x20, 0, 0, 0,  }

0x40 { 0x40, 0, 0, 0, } (base for my reasoning)

0x80 { 0x80, 0, 0, 0,  } 

0x100 { 0, 0x10, 0, 0, 0,  } 

0x200 { 0, 0x20, 0, 0, 0,  }

0x400 { 0, 0x40, 0, 0, 0,  } 

0x800 { 0, 0x80, 0, 0, 0,  } 

0x1000  { 0, 0, 0x10, 0, 0, 0,  }

0x2000 { 0, 0, 0x20, 0, 0, 0,  }

is all this right or am I making a fool out of myself, i tried looking up byte reversal but with no good link to read.

and then should I just replace those values instead of the old existing one?

No.

0x01 { 0x01, 0, 0, 0,  }
0x02 { 0x02, 0, 0, 0,  }
0x04 { 0x04, 0, 0, 0,  } 
0x08 { 0x08, 0, 0, 0,  } 
0x10 { 0x10, 0, 0, 0,  } 
0x20 { 0x20, 0, 0, 0,  }
0x40 { 0x40, 0, 0, 0, } (base for my reasoning)
0x80 { 0x80, 0, 0, 0,  } 
0x100 { 0, 0x01, 0, 0, } 
0x200 { 0, 0x02, 0, 0, }
0x400 { 0, 0x04, 0, 0, } 
0x800 { 0, 0x08, 0, 0, } 
0x1000 { 0, 0x10, 0, 0, }
0x2000 { 0, 0x20, 0, 0, }

--

Note: Do it carefully and deliberately without error. Always check in ioreg that the value of RM,pr2-force is the value you expect to be testing (you'll find it on the XHC node).

Hi, I just upgraded to 10.10.4 and everything's working correctly except the graphics.

As I told you, I've installed Yosemite (10.10) with the provided kext (IntelHD4600Inject.kext) and everything was working except little bugs like the Apple distorted logo at boot, the Preview app (that always was freezing and I had to force out) and the webcam (takes photos but there's a black display on the app). Now with this update (10.10.4) I've got this problems and another one with the iTunes upgrade, Beats 1 freezes and the system stops working.

My question is, there's any fix to patch the Intel HD4600 by DSDT? I think that all this problems are related to the graphics.

Thank you so much!

Hi, I just upgraded to 10.10.4 and everything's working correctly except the graphics.

As I told you, I've installed Yosemite (10.10) with the provided kext (IntelHD4600Inject.kext) and everything was working except little bugs like the Apple distorted logo at boot, the Preview app (that always was freezing and I had to force out) and the webcam (takes photos but there's a black display on the app). Now with this update (10.10.4) I've got this problems and another one with the iTunes upgrade, Beats 1 freezes and the system stops working.

My question is, there's any fix to patch the Intel HD4600 by DSDT? I think that all this problems are related to the graphics.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

No DSDT patches required for HD4600.

Requirements:

- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

- FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext

• Like 1

RehabMan, yesterday when I installed the FakePCIID kexts on S/L/E and I modified the config.plist, graphics were working correctly but today I started OS X and only detects 4MB of VRAM, what's the problem?

Post ioreg (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1) and config.plist.

Here it is.

Thank you

FakeID is not working, probably due to incorrect ACPI setup (no idea without seeing EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Your Clover build is also very old.

In addition, you have several patches to AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics) which are incorrect and not needed when using FakePCIID.

You might follow my guide instead: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

• Like 1

FakeID is not working, probably due to incorrect ACPI setup (no idea without seeing EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).Your Clover build is also very old.In addition, you have several patches to AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics) which are incorrect and not needed when using FakePCIID.You might follow my guide instead: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

The ACPI patched is almost the same of the one's provided on this topic (config.plist too) because hardware it's like 99% the same on my Envy, so everything worked ok (Audio, WiFi, Ethernet..).

What do you mean and what's the solution of my old Clover?

So how I could fix my graphics? It'll be nice if you teach me how to do it cause I'm really amateur and I don't know exactly how to do your guide (there's a lot of patches in your github).

Thank you

The ACPI patched is almost the same of the one's provided on this topic (config.plist too) because hardware it's like 99% the same on my Envy, so everything worked ok (Audio, WiFi, Ethernet..).

So how I could fix my graphics? It'll be nice if you teach me how to do it cause I'm really amateur and I don't know exactly how to do your guide (there's a lot of patches in your github).

Thank you

Scroll down to the bottom of that page Rehabman gave you last post as there is a link and it shows which commands to put in Terminal. Regarding the Clover, if you search for Clover Bootloader in Google and click on the first result, download and install the updated version.

• Like 1

Thank you

My github project contains a link to a complete guide.

It is not on this site, mainly because I don't want to maintain two copies.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm doing your guide but I've got a problem. I can't extract my DSDT with Terminal.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-07-15%20a

It appears you forgot to run ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

Each step is required. In the order specified in the guide.

Hey Rehabman, saw you updated the ACPI Backlight. Your latest backlight patch for AppleBacklightInjector.kext works without a hitch including smooth transition when waking up from sleep. What does the ACPI Backlight do differently? I know with Yosemite it would work but not have the smooth transition. Right now with just your backlight.plist and the AppleBacklightInjector it allows AppleBacklight and AppleBacklightexpert to run.

Hey Rehabman, saw you updated the ACPI Backlight. Your latest backlight patch for AppleBacklightInjector.kext works without a hitch including smooth transition when waking up from sleep. What does the ACPI Backlight do differently? I know with Yosemite it would work but not have the smooth transition. Right now with just your backlight.plist and the AppleBacklightInjector it allows AppleBacklight and AppleBacklightexpert to run.

Really? You have smooth transitions with just the injector? with ACPI Backlight on Yosemite it was the opposite, I would have the transitions when switching, I'll go check out the updated version

Although (generated) AppleBacklightInjector.kext works for smooth transitions to/from sleep, it doesn't work for transitions between levels when using the brightness keys (no idea why).

I find I like the smooth transitions with brightness up/down keys and so willing to sacrifice the smooth on sleep/wake.

Nope, I did it. I started your guide from the bottom (except the install).

Not according to the output you provided.

The patchmatic tool is installed by ./install_downloads.sh to /usr/bin.

Also, from your output provided, it appears you're trying to run from the OS X installer Terminal, not after booting from your installed partition ?? I say this because the bash prompt you have is typical of Terminal inside of the OS X installer, but not for post-install.

• Like 1

Although (generated) AppleBacklightInjector.kext works for smooth transitions to/from sleep, it doesn't work for transitions between levels when using the brightness keys (no idea why).

I find I like the smooth transitions with brightness up/down keys and so willing to sacrifice the smooth on sleep/wake.

Not according to the output you provided.

The patchmatic tool is installed by ./install_downloads.sh to /usr/bin.

Also, from your output provided, it appears you're trying to run from the OS X installer Terminal, not after booting from your installed partition ?? I say this because the bash prompt you have is typical of Terminal inside of the OS X installer, but not for post-install.

No, I'm running it from my installed partition. That's because I typed sudo -s. 

So I tried it again from the beginning, but again the same error.

No, I'm running it from my installed partition. That's because I typed sudo -s. 

So I tried it again from the beginning, but again the same error.

I see the problem... in script (I really don't like bash that much).

Please update to the latest version.

Note: To run ./disassemble.sh, you must run with a "clean" Clover ACPI config.

I removed XHCIMux from the install script for now. People can test on their own accord and report if it works in any scenario. Especially those that are using my ACPI patches as provided.

Does the port injector (USBXHCI_Envy.kext) work ok now?

Edit: At least one example of FakePCIID_XHCIMux not working has it now working (from my suggestion) with config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=true

Edit #2: Added FakePCIID_XHCIMux back into install_downloads.sh and FixOwnership=true in config.plist. We'll see if that fixes the problem for those following the guide/repo.

Hey Rehabman, I decided to try this to see if it works and did a fresh ./dissemble and even with FixOwnership=true and USB in BIOS set to auto, my USB 3.0 devices still isn't detected using the XHCIMux. I am going to try and post my ioreg with the XHCIMux attached.

Edit: Attached is my ioreg and the grep command that was posted with and without Mux kext loaded. I didn't use the port injector as with or without, didn't make a difference.

Seeing as progress was being made on this, I thought I'll try and since it's not working, thought I'll post my results and see.

Hey Rehabman, I decided to try this to see if it works and did a fresh ./dissemble and even with FixOwnership=true and USB in BIOS set to auto, my USB 3.0 devices still isn't detected using the XHCIMux. I am going to try and post my ioreg with the XHCIMux attached.

Edit: Attached is my ioreg and the grep command that was posted with and without Mux kext loaded. I didn't use the port injector as with or without, didn't make a difference.

Seeing as progress was being made on this, I thought I'll try and since it's not working, thought I'll post my results and see.

Post ioreg (IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Post EFI/Clover folder.

What version of OS X?

If 10.11, try with Yosemite too.

Side note: I don't see any USB3 devices plugged in. In your ioreg snips, they are all USB2 (eg. connected to HSxx). Doesn't look like you have a port injector installed?

Note: I'll remove it from the scripts again. If someone wants to get to the bottom of it, they'll do it and report back.

This may be a problem:

XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts: ports limit reached.  Not creating the remaining 6 ports
I already remove a bunch of ports from the port injector before this...

Post ioreg (IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Post EFI/Clover folder.

What version of OS X?

If 10.11, try with Yosemite too.

Side note: I don't see any USB3 devices plugged in. In your ioreg snips, they are all USB2 (eg. connected to HSxx). Doesn't look like you have a port injector installed?

Note: I'll remove it from the scripts again. If someone wants to get to the bottom of it, they'll do it and report back.

This may be a problem:

XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts: ports limit reached.  Not creating the remaining 6 ports
I already remove a bunch of ports from the port injector before this...

Sorry about not posting that. I am using 10.11 and I did try using the port injector and even when trying your config.plist, the Bluetooth and webcam issue remains so I think because I don't have a problem with using the USB 3.0 controller, I can live without masking it as USB 2.0. I made sure to follow your guide to get a fresh DSDT and SSDT and just wanted to see if it would work. Thanks again.

Sorry about not posting that. I am using 10.11 and I did try using the port injector and even when trying your config.plist, the Bluetooth and webcam issue remains so I think because I don't have a problem with using the USB 3.0 controller, I can live without masking it as USB 2.0. I made sure to follow your guide to get a fresh DSDT and SSDT and just wanted to see if it would work. Thanks again.

FYI: According to the log, you're not using the port injector from the repo.

Yep I wasn't using the port injector as with it, none of the USB 3.0 devices transfer to the USB 2.0 port except my fingerprint scanner which is the same without the injector. I checked ioreg on my end using the port injector and it does remove the ports that are not connected, but still no internal device switches from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 except that scanner.  With the Mux it causes the rest of my devices to not recognize. One thing it does work though, if I connect my phone via USB, it does come up as USB 2.0 in System Profiler so that works just not the internal devices except the fingerprint scanner.

Edit: I see now, with the port injector and running the grep command, I no longer get the create ports error. I'll update my ioreg with the port injector with and without Mux.