HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

That is the patch, but of course it must not only be placed into config.plist, but must be placed in the correct section of config.plist.

I placed it here. I think it fixed it. thank you!

bf55de325dda9b1ab178c3df9eba8e9f.png

Thanks Rehabman! I tried your updated Bluetooth kext and it works with El Captain perfect. Has anyone gotten upon booting in -v mode, the dyld message that unable to remove directory? The output is filled with a bunch of these messages which I am not sure is because since I upgraded from Yosemite without clean install, but wanted to make sure, thanks.

Hey gygabyte666, I have updated the files from your previous Yosemite files if you want to give it a try. I updated everything I use except the Readme file you had uploaded a few months back. This works perfect for me with HDMI audio, QE/CI and even the WiFi light is white like in Windows. My DSDT and SSDT's are also attached. Using Rehabman's Envy and Laptop repo, I compiled it and even though my DSDT.aml contains errors, everything I tested works and no errors were reported on the DSDT.dsl so the conversion process caused MaciAsl to show errors. Maybe you can take a quick look in how to fix them?

Thanks so much for your help, I thought it is the least I can do since you uploaded it before to update it. Thanks everyone who worked on this compilation. Tested and working on 10.10.3 beta.

Hey @Andrw0380 I've tested your files everything works except Audio on 10.10.3

Could you share any new update on Audio ?

Thanks

Hey @Andrw0380 I've tested your files everything works except Audio on 10.10.3

Could you share any new update on Audio ?

Thanks

For the audio try adding this in to your config.plist in Clover "KextstoPatch":

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #2</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>4HYdEQ==</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #1</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>hBnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAA==</data>
			</dict>

Make sure you are using the DummyHDA.kext that I provided and repair permissions and it should work. I am now on El Captain, but was able to go back to the code I used for 10.10.3 and this worked.

For the audio try adding this in to your config.plist in Clover "KextstoPatch":

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #2</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>4HYdEQ==</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #1</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>hBnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAA==</data>
			</dict>

Make sure you are using the DummyHDA.kext that I provided and repair permissions and it should work. I am now on El Captain, but was able to go back to the code I used for 10.10.3 and this worked.

Andrw0380 This patch is same as you'd shared few weeks ago , still not working :( 

Just to mention my vanilla AppleHDA.kext version is 272.18 . I've pasted the DummyHDA to S/L/E. 

Still no luck .

Andrw0380 This patch is same as you'd shared few weeks ago , still not working :( 

Just to mention my vanilla AppleHDA.kext version is 272.18 . I've pasted the DummyHDA to S/L/E. 

Still no luck .

Sorry that is what I used and it worked. Did you use my DSDT and SSDT's files for Clover? That is the only other method I can think of as the IDT audio codec is defined as layout-id=12.

Sorry that is what I used and it worked. Did you use my DSDT and SSDT's files for Clover? That is the only other method I can think of as the IDT audio codec is defined as layout-id=12.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yours dsdt,ssdt,config.plist all were up n running n working on my laptop (10.10.1). 

I've recently fresh install 10.10.3(no beta),and now audio is not working.

Rebuilding caches,repairing permission not working  :( 

additional info of my IDT :) :

IDT 92HD91BXX Device ID  111D-76E0

Subsystem ID  103C-1963 Revision  1003

Hardware ID  HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1963&REV_1003

does anybody have any updates on applehda like getting all four speakers working and the headphone jack working better.

Haven't gotten it to work 100%, but @nrjmadan has posted his own and a modification of the .kext I use. You can try the one here or use this one which I find for my laptop, the headphone switching works better. I am currently on the second update for El Captain and so far haven't had an issue with switching. Hope that works out.

• Like 1

Haven't gotten it to work 100%, but @nrjmadan has posted his own and a modification of the .kext I use. You can try the one here or use this one which I find for my laptop, the headphone switching works better. I am currently on the second update for El Captain and so far haven't had an issue with switching. Hope that works out.

Hi Again Andrw0380 

Got the Audio fully working using your AppleHDA on 10.10.3 :thumbsup_anim:  , I was not rebuilding kernel cache properly. Tried and used kext utility tool and it worked.

Btw how do you build cache and repair permission ?

Hi Again Andrw0380 

Got the Audio fully working using your AppleHDA on 10.10.3 :thumbsup_anim:  , I was not rebuilding kernel cache properly. Tried and used kext utility tool and it worked.

Btw how do you build cache and repair permission ?

Using kext utility or kext wizard will allow you to do it. I sometimes even use Disk Utility and select Repair permissions which will do that too. In El Captain Disk Utility does it automatically and doesn't have that option, but on 10.10.3 you can use either one to repair.

Here everyone it's that time again for new uploads! I have updated the files for El Captain that I have been using and so far everything that has been tested has worked. There are more files this time around especially the DummyUSB kext since El Captain needs this to enable all USB ports on our Envy computer to function.

I suggest when you install, to install all files to S/L/E as it allows the files to load all in one place which allows faster boot. If you prefer to install to Clover > kexts > 10.11, change "InjectKexts" to "Yes" near the bottom of the config.plist.

I asked gygabyte666 for permission to upload these which he gave permission. Thanks to everyone involved, enjoy!

10.11_ENVY_07042015.zip

• Like 3

After following the 10.11 El Captain USB fix thread, I have fixed USB without using the DummyUSBXHC.kext. I have renamed XHC1 to XHC from DSDT and tested and it works. Here is the updated .zip with all files.

No Dummy kext is attached. I'm using a pure injector vs. "dummy" (injector with symlink).

If you'll let me know where the SS ports start (either 0xA or 0x10), I'll put some files together for the Envy repo.

Of course the clues are probably in your dummy kext (or if you want to post ioreg).

Was just about to ask you if we could update the Envy Repo. I just renamed the "Device (XHC1) and any mention of XCH1 in the DSDT to XHC and without the Dummy kext, all the USB including the Camera and SS is working. With the port restrictions now in 10.11 for XHC1, I thought I'll try that so we wouldn't need a Dummy kext and it did work. Thanks for pointing me to that thread!

Was just about to ask you if we could update the Envy Repo. I just renamed the "Device (XHC1) and any mention of XCH1 in the DSDT to XHC and without the Dummy kext, all the USB including the Camera and SS is working. With the port restrictions now in 10.11 for XHC1, I thought I'll try that so we wouldn't need a Dummy kext and it did work. Thanks for pointing me to that thread!

Interesting. I have an injector started based on reading DSDT and ioreg (from previous troubleshooting). 'k' and 'j' series are slightly different (at least from the ioreg files I looked at). Not sure which one you have (no info in signature).

I will update the repo soon with the injector kext (I've simply removed the rename XHC->XHC1, but also renaming EHC1/EHC2 -> EH01/EH02). But maybe I won't install it from the script until someone tests it.

Interesting. I have an injector started based on reading DSDT and ioreg (from previous troubleshooting). 'k' and 'j' series are slightly different (at least from the ioreg files I looked at). Not sure which one you have (no info in signature).

I will update the repo soon with the injector kext (I've simply removed the rename XHC->XHC1, but also renaming EHC1/EHC2 -> EH01/EH02). But maybe I won't install it from the script until someone tests it.

Thanks and I rebuild from the Envy repo from scratch and USB does work without the injector, so the rename does seem to just be solution. I noticed your FakePCI for the Mux being installed for the Envy on the ./install_download.sh command which caused the issue of mapping incorrectly to USB 2.0. Just wanted to let you know as my j070ca seem to run without that. The new Backlight.kext works awesome!

Thanks and I rebuild from the Envy repo from scratch and USB does work without the injector, so the rename does seem to just be solution. I noticed your FakePCI for the Mux being installed for the Envy on the ./install_download.sh command which caused the issue of mapping incorrectly to USB 2.0. Just wanted to let you know as my j070ca seem to run without that. The new Backlight.kext works awesome!

Mapping USB2 devices to EHC is not necessarily "incorrect". Some devices behave better there. Does the XCHIMux cause any issues?

Note: I also have a USBXHCI_Envy.kext, but I'm not installing it by default. Waiting to see if it is needed or not... You're welcome to try it.

@Andrw0380 I've been using your files for a while now and you've been saving my life time and time again :D

I've been following the discussion and wanted to know if you modified anything upon the last files you uploaded, if so could you upload them? or should I just run Rehabman's install_downloads?

The normal process I go through when I install from scratch is go through RehabMan's process until the install_downloads.sh script then I install your DSDT and SSDTs along with my generated SSDT, system been running stable.

One other thing I found when I tried to redo everything from scratch is that install_downloads.sh doesn't install AppleBacklightInjector.kext, you have to compile that with the backlight patch before hand, and one question I had for RehabMan was, if it was normal to not have those transitions when changing brightness or having the screen shutdown when you hit the lowest brightness point.

Thanks guys for the precious help

EDIT: USB was working fine for me with simple DSDT renaming, but I wanted to try what was posted, so when XCHIMux got installed, I couldn't get access to my HP Truevision no more on FaceTime, and so I installed USB_Envy.kext and it got back a message I used to see on boot about ports limit being reached but still the webcam wouldn't work, then I deleted both files and it's back working again.

Mapping USB2 devices to EHC is not necessarily "incorrect". Some devices behave better there. Does the XCHIMux cause any issues?

Note: I also have a USBXHCI_Envy.kext, but I'm not installing it by default. Waiting to see if it is needed or not... You're welcome to try it.

The XCHIMux does cause the Bluetooth device to not be detected. While only the "Vendor Specific Device (Finger Scanner)" is detected as USB 2.0.

@OtechMan I noticed as I recompiled from scratch too and while everything works with @Rehabman's DSDT and SSDTs, I get the occasional screen flicker upon boot up. This happened back with Yosemite before @Rehabman applied his latest patches back at the end of April.