HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

I use an Airport card from an old white macbook and it's assigned en1, ethernet is en0 and it's always been that way. iMessage used to work on and off but now I haven't gotten it to work at all for a while. my serial number and UUID all match up everywhere.

Also, I believe the laptop stops charging if it gets too hot. like when i have it on the bed. it seems to charge well if it's on a desk.

I still need to fix the SMART error and figure out how to disable the touchscreen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I have Hp Envy 4 1104tu and the specs are,

CPU: INTEL i5 3317u

GPU: INTEL HD4000

mSATA SSD 256GB samsung

and rest of the specs same as the first Post, I need help installing yosemite on it (I am new to hackintosh)

Thank You.

Hey I have Hp Envy 4 1104tu and the specs are,

CPU: INTEL i5 3317u

GPU: INTEL HD4000

mSATA SSD 256GB samsung

and rest of the specs same as the first Post, I need help installing yosemite on it (I am new to hackintosh)

Thank You.

This thread is for Haswell Envy. Most of what is here does not apply to your laptop.

what did you use to make the installer? for some reason it isn't booting for me.

I did the following:

1. Download the 10.11 source

2. Made USB by mounting the BaseSystem.dmg inside "Contents > SharedSupport > InstallESD.dmg"

3. Used Disk Utility to copy the whole contents of "OSX Base System" over the USB

4. When created, copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist to the root of your USB

5. With the InstallESD.dmg mounted, copy the Packages folder to the "System > Installation > Packages"

6. Used Clover to create UEFI only bootable USB

7. Copy clover.plist and DSDT/SSDTs from current setup to USB

I did this and was able to install and boot without sound and USB access when booted.

@Rehabman I know it's beta, but is there a workaround for the sound and USB? The injector is loaded but no output for the audio. 

• Like 2

what did you use to make the installer? for some reason it isn't booting for me.

I use this(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2019599) guide to make installer. But instead of downloading clover.zip I compile it from source and install it to usb. I used hackinotsh vietnam tool generated config and add rooteless=0 and nv_disable=1 to boorargs.

Same here. I know it's beta, but does anyone have any fixes for USB and sound? USB doesn't detect the 3.0 which is one reason the camera isn't detected.

USB 3.0 works but webcam didn't. Pokenguyen said that some devices may not work in this DP.

Sound fixed by using update bc9 script.

• Like 1

I use this(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2019599) guide to make installer. But instead of downloading clover.zip I compile it from source and install it to usb. I used hackinotsh vietnam tool generated config and add rooteless=0 and nv_disable=1 to boorargs.

USB 3.0 works but webcam didn't. Pokenguyen said that some devices may not work in this DP.

Sound fixed by using update bc9 script.

Could you advise which steps and the link from bc9 script made audio work?

Edit: I did grab it from the AIO guide and said the script was updated just over a day, but running it even in su mode says "Operation not permitted" when it tries to patch the AppleHDA.

Sorry such a noob, saw the instructions and added the extra info into Clover and got sound back, thanks for the info!

Edit: I did grab it from the AIO guide and said the script was updated just over a day, but running it even in su mode says "Operation not permitted" when it tries to patch the AppleHDA.

Sorry such a noob, saw the instructions and added the extra info into Clover and got sound back, thanks for the info!

Just wondering if anyone has gotten Bluetooth on the BCM4352HMB adapter to work on El Captain? I tried using both of the Bluetooth Firmware Uploader and Rehabman's BrcmPatchRam and hasn't picked up.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten Bluetooth on the BCM4352HMB adapter to work on El Captain? I tried using both of the Bluetooth Firmware Uploader and Rehabman's BrcmPatchRam and hasn't picked up.

I got Bluetooth to work from using the kext here.

@Rehabman I wasn't able to modify your kext injector by changing the IOProviderClass from IOUSBDevice (in 10.10-) to IOUSBHostDevice to get it to work like the BTFirmwareUploader so I just wanted to let you know.

so, have there been any new updates on getting all 4 speakers working with the latest applehda that was posted 2 months ago? subwoofer or anything? I've seen voodoohda on here but it requires using multi-output in midi for the subwoofer to work. Please, lets not give up on perfecting the  applehda for hp envy.

• Like 1

Unable to boot OSX from mSata-SSD on my Hp envy 17-j000. I can boot from hard disk as usual.
I've successfully cloned windows and yosemite partitions to my msata-ssd, being able to boot to windows from ssd,
but osx is not booting.
I've checked unplugging the hdd and only connecting the ssd and found out that disk utility(from bootable usb) is not detecting my msata-ssd.
Removed the ssd and connect the hdd and osx boots again.

Is there anything I'm missing or do I've to do anything with clover configuration or put some legacy drivers to load my msata-ssd ?

Any suggestion from @rehabman or @gygabyte666 or from anyone who're running osx using both hdd and msata-ssd on this machine .
Thanks.

Hi I got a bit of a problem after replacing my screen. I had a 720p touch glossy screen and i replaced it with a 1080p mate non-touch screen because various reasons. (sleep when closing the screen now works because of it)

but I now have this corruption on my menu bar and sometimes even on the wallpaper and the transparency of the mail app, which i can't demonstrate right now.

Does anyone know how to fix this? changing to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile only fixed the first desktop not the extra desktops. It also carries over when i connect an HDMI external display.

everything else works fine.

eb7404000cdcc3ef2c6dbb3c4d15fa62.pngc735b6a56deeb4c7c78a286bfa54dcfe.png

Edit: never mind, I think I fixed it. I switched the color profile back to "Display" from sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and deleted the first virtual desktop O_0 which was now corrupted but the consecutive desktops weren't, then restarted and the corruption is gone.

btw mate displays are sweet. I can now work outside and my computer is 2x lighter. screw touch.

ugh never mind again. I restarted and now I have this bbc76c37a2df67d738a8863869f6d2c0.png

it's only on the desktop level not ontop of other windows.

This can be fixed with the "9mb cursor bytes" patch.

Note: There is a guide for this laptop: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

Thank you for the reply. 

am I supposed to just add this to my config.plist?

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable 9MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=</data>
</dict>

Thank you for the reply. 

am I supposed to just add this to my config.plist?

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Enable 9MB cursor bytes, 0x0a260006</string>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=</data>

</dict>

That is the patch, but of course it must not only be placed into config.plist, but must be placed in the correct section of config.plist.

Make sure you have rootless=0 in bootflag and u're running in sudo mode.