[WIP] HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9/10.10

hp envy 17t-j000 quad mountain lion mavericks osx86 10.8 10.9 10.8.5

Best Answer pokenguyen, 24 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

BTW, the '-da' option seems to work pretty well...

iasl -da *.aml

It works for me too. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
623 replies to this topic

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Yeah, I think FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext needs a slight fix. I've got this question for the-darkvoid: https://github.com/t...PCI-ID/issues/7

If you have the ability to make that change (RM,device-id <0c0a 0000>), feel free to try it instead of the AppleHDAController patches.

Does HDMI audio requires 0c0a ID and/or HDAU name?

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,630 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

HDAU rename is required AFAIK. As far as device-id fixing it only needs it if your native ID is not supported. For example, my Lenovo u430 has the same ID as my MacBookAir6,2.

If you have a native ID that is not supported, AppleHDAController matches on class, so the normal IOKit matching is not an issue. But the kext checks known device-ids in the binary, and that's where either a patch or use of FakePCIID comes into play.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

HDAU rename is required AFAIK. As far as device-id fixing it only needs it if your native ID is not supported. For example, my Lenovo u430 has the same ID as my MacBookAir6,2.

If you have a native ID that is not supported, AppleHDAController matches on class, so the normal IOKit matching is not an issue. But the kext checks known device-ids in the binary, and that's where either a patch or use of FakePCIID comes into play.

So for both native and non-native ID, installing FakePCIID will work right?

And we only need this section in injector kext

<key>Intel HDMI Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>FakePCIID</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>FakePCIID</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x0c0c8086 0x0a0c8086</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>RM,Build</key>
<string>${CONFIGURATION}-${LOGNAME}</string>
<key>RM,Version</key>
<string>${PRODUCT_NAME} ${MODULE_VERSION}</string>
</dict>

or both "Intel HDMI Audio Properties Inject"?

Andrw0380

Andrw0380

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I was wondering the same thing as RehabMan mentioned to change RM,device-id and that is in the Info.plist of the FakePCI Intel_HDMI file or if you change just the IOPCIPrimaryMatch since he said in the question to darkvoid that it should be 0c0c > 0a0c. I noticed in the AppleHDAController patch that I used that the <data> string is awfully similar, "Find <data>DAoAAA==", "Replace <data>DAwAAA==". Which the FakePCI Intel HDMI patch under RM,device-id had "<data>DA0AAA==" so do I need to change that value as well?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, envy, 17t-j000, quad, mountain lion, mavericks, osx86, 10.8, 10.9, 10.8.5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy