[WIP] HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9/10.10

hp envy 17t-j000 quad mountain lion mavericks osx86 10.8 10.9 10.8.5

Best Answer pokenguyen, 24 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

BTW, the '-da' option seems to work pretty well...

iasl -da *.aml

It works for me too. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
594 replies to this topic

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...

Hello Everyone,
I had my HP m7-j120dx working great with the files provided, then all of a sudden I start getting a kernel panic, so I had to restore Windows, which is awful. Now I am trying agin but my usb installer is throwing the same KP. I am attaching a picture, any help is appreciated.

Picture won't upload so here is the link: http://i.imgur.com/cE02BlV.jpg

Seems like you didn't fill in your machine type in config.plist. Fill in the model identifier and serial number properly using either ChameleonWizard or CloverConfigurator with data from a MBP11,x and you shouldn't get this KP anymore.

shumanak

shumanak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Seems like you didn't fill in your machine type in config.plist. Fill in the model identifier and serial number properly using either ChameleonWizard or CloverConfigurator with data from a MBP11,x and you shouldn't get this KP anymore.

So just to be clear, I should enter the 8 digit serial and leave the model identifier as MacBookPro11,2 since I am using a 17 inch Envy?

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...

So just to be clear, I should enter the 8 digit serial and leave the model identifier as MacBookPro11,2 since I am using a 17 inch Envy?

Leave the last 4 digits of the serial alone, they serve as the model identifier, the rest needs to be filled in. The model identifier shouldn't need to be changed. Leave it as a 11,2. Make sure the board number matches an 11,2 as well. A simple Google search should reveal that.

shumanak

shumanak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Leave the last 4 digits of the serial alone, they serve as the model identifier, the rest needs to be filled in. The model identifier shouldn't need to be changed. Leave it as a 11,2. Make sure the board number matches an 11,2 as well. A simple Google search should reveal that.

So i started from scratch:

Install Yosemite to USB

Install clover with option (Install UEFI only, Install clover in the ESP, Emu Variable, AptioFix, and PartitionDXE)

Added your files to their locations

Edited config.plist adding the 8 digits C02LJ6QS

Booted into clover

Selected the usb with verbose

This KP happened: http://i.imgur.com/DPPZN0U.jpg

Like I said, I had everything going great, then one day I rebooted and this happened.

Thanks

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,569 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

So i started from scratch:
Install Yosemite to USB
Install clover with option (Install UEFI only, Install clover in the ESP, Emu Variable, AptioFix, and PartitionDXE)
Added your files to their locations
Edited config.plist adding the 8 digits C02LJ6QS
Booted into clover
Selected the usb with verbose
This KP happened: http://i.imgur.com/DPPZN0U.jpg
Like I said, I had everything going great, then one day I rebooted and this happened.
Thanks

Did you patch your own DSDT, or are you doing something silly like trying to use a DSDT from another computer?

shumanak

shumanak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Did you patch your own DSDT, or are you doing something silly like trying to use a DSDT from another computer?

The DSDT from GygaByte666 worked before, so I have been using that... 

shumanak

shumanak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have tried to generate my own DSDT but am not able to clear all errors, I am left with: http://i.imgur.com/CNTaQL.png

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

The DSDT from GygaByte666 worked before, so I have been using that...

No, no, no. It's included for reference. Nothing more.

alkajam

alkajam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone

i managed to install yosemite on my Envy 17t-j000 using chameleon boot loader with everything working fine except the brightness its giving me hell it does show the slider bar on display settings but no effect when moving it. i tried rehab acpibacklit kext and too many things nothing seems to work. if any one here had it working with chameleon please help me on this.

thanks

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,569 posts

Hi everyone
i managed to install yosemite on my Envy 17t-j000 using chameleon boot loader with everything working fine except the brightness its giving me hell it does show the slider bar on display settings but no effect when moving it. i tried rehab acpibacklit kext and too many things nothing seems to work. if any one here had it working with chameleon please help me on this.

thanks

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

It is not necessary to install Linux. Simply run it from USB: http://www.ubuntu.co...tick-on-windows

In Linux Terminal:
# substitute DEST with the mountpoint of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables DEST
Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory (rename them to *.aml as you move them) and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
https://bitbucket.or...cpica/downloads
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml
Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/R...ptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.
install: https://github.com/R...-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously different locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

rafattouqir

rafattouqir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hey gygabyte666 ,

Recently , I've bought BCM-94352 (Broadcom AW-123ch) and plugged it in my laptop ,
Wifi 5ghz is working but the bluetooth is not working .
Bluetooth hardware ids  (VID_13D3 ,PID_3404,REV_0112)

Checked your bluetooth_inject_kext which also have same hw-ids.

Previously webcam worked , but after plugging this device , now my webcam is also not working .

I've used your dsdt and ssdt's ,they are identical to my laptop's dsdts and ssdts , I just don't understand why it's not working (bluetooth portion)  :blush: ?

rafattouqir

rafattouqir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hlw RehabMan ,
I've been experiencing bluetooth issues in osx 10.10 ,
If I install GenericUSBXHCI (from your repo) then I lost all the USB devices (Bluetooth ,WebCam etc...) .
I've deleted the GenericUSBXHCI and now I can use bluetooth sacrificing usb 3.

I'm also experiencing issues while pairing with other bluetooth devices ( found devices but couldn't connect ) ,tried to enable continuity but couldn't , hand off is enabled.

Used this patch : BCM94352 Combo .

Hope to get some answer .
Thanks.

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,569 posts

Hlw RehabMan ,
I've been experiencing bluetooth issues in osx 10.10 ,
If I install GenericUSBXHCI (from your repo) then I lost all the USB devices (Bluetooth ,WebCam etc...) .
I've deleted the GenericUSBXHCI and now I can use bluetooth sacrificing usb 3.

I'm also experiencing issues while pairing with other bluetooth devices ( found devices but couldn't connect ) ,tried to enable continuity but couldn't , hand off is enabled.

Used this patch : BCM94352 Combo .

Hope to get some answer .
Thanks.

GenericUSBXHCI has issues on Yosemite. No fix in sight (Zenith432 has stated he doesn't have the time).

It is best to start looking into how to make AppleUSBXHCI.kext work (I've been successful on all my computers).

Greywolfrio

Greywolfrio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
asked for help. I've been through this video, my own DSDT and SSDT made, according to above described other explanation I can not use because of difference in the laptop. Now if I have this in the clover / acpi / patched area with boat arg "-gux_defer_usb2 kext-dev-mode = 1" I get the following error "system uptime nanoseconds and numbers", can someone help me how this dissolution, or Video wrong description, I would like to get everything working in Yosemite, thanks for all his help and sorry for my bad english
sorry forget the link

khazravi

khazravi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

attachicon.gifMAC_OSX_Intel_1.21.4107(64Bit).zip

Could someone with an envy with the touch screen try this driver out? My envy is back on windows 8 haha

Thanks for the driver.

I tested this on my j063cl@10.9.1 and I should say, touchScreen works flawlessly but has no multitouch and gestures enabled.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, envy, 17t-j000, quad, mountain lion, mavericks, osx86, 10.8, 10.9, 10.8.5

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy