[WIP] HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9/10.10

hp envy 17t-j000 quad mountain lion mavericks osx86 10.8 10.9 10.8.5

Best Answer pokenguyen, 24 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

BTW, the '-da' option seems to work pretty well...

iasl -da *.aml

It works for me too. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
543 replies to this topic

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,359 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

Hello Rehabman! Again thanks for the patch , and all the help!! Actualy mine is an Envy 15T, but the thread is from a 17...

These Envy's of various sizes share a lot in common.

Just want to let you know my current situation. Before the patch, I had glitched screen, and my F2, F3 controlling the "sun icon" but no change in brightness.

After the patch, I still have glitched screen every time I boot, but, to fix, I log out and log in, then the glitches are gone. And I have brightness control at any moment.

You might try setting a color profile and see if it helps you avoid the login/logout.

For Audio I have used Rehabmans patch and have only the speakers under the laptop working.

Note that my patch_hda.sh script simply creates an injector suitable for use with Clover boot (config.plist patches for binary). The Platform/layout/PinConfig data come from the AppleHDA.kext that was originally in post #1, this thread at the time I started hacking my Envy 15.

rootss

rootss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Note that my patch_hda.sh script simply creates an injector suitable for use with Clover boot (config.plist patches for binary). The Platform/layout/PinConfig data come from the AppleHDA.kext that was originally in post #1, this thread at the time I started hacking my Envy 15.

I see... Could someone please share the AppleHDA with the right PinConfig??? I see only the VoodooHDA, and I wouldn't want to use it... Many thanks!

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,359 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

I see... Could someone please share the AppleHDA with the right PinConfig??? I see only the VoodooHDA, and I wouldn't want to use it... Many thanks!

The AppleHDA injector you already have has it...

At some point I'll compare my data with the injector in post #1 and see if anything has changed...

There is some recent discussion about changes to the AppleHDA patch data, but I'm not sure if those discussions/changes are reflected in the injector in post #1. Since I don't have the laptop anymore, it is not something I paid a great deal of attention to.

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...

@gygabyte666

Just thought I'd let you know that one other person had the same issue you have with ACPIBacklight.kext not working. He also had nvidia/optimus. I know we kind of let it go by the wayside...

But in the process of helping him, I decided to make some updates to my Envy repo. And... I've added the capability to patch DSDT/SSDT set in the case the laptop has nvidia graphics (optimus). The additional patches are to disable the nvidia chip.

His brightness was broken until we got the patches squared away to disable the nvidia. Or it at least appears that way.

To use it, you use it just like normal, but specify OPTIMUS=1 on the command line.

eg.

./disassemble.sh
make OPTIMUS=1 patch
make OPTIMUS=1
make OPTIMUS=1 install
The code assumes, of course, that your native files are copied to linux_native subdirectory of the repo.

The thread is on another site (if you know what I mean) for user rootss and his HP Envy 17-j016sr.

Link to repo: https://github.com/R...Envy-DSDT-Patch

Very cool! As usual, my reply is late and I don't have time to test this ATM as I am lacking Xcode and that alone will take a bit of time to download on my current connection speeds but I will certainly be testing this in the near future and keep you posted on results. Thanks for thinking of us on this one. ;p

There is some recent discussion about changes to the AppleHDA patch data, but I'm not sure if those discussions/changes are reflected in the injector in post #1. Since I don't have the laptop anymore, it is not something I paid a great deal of attention to.

Not really no. The injector provided on post #1 is pretty much identical to every other version I had posted before it. The exception being that nrjmadan added in a couple useful fixes for the microphone. The newer one that I have has both front/bottom speakers working but it hasn't been posted yet. That's for a future release. I'm pretty sure the PinConfig data is the same in the current one too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, envy, 17t-j000, quad, mountain lion, mavericks, osx86, 10.8, 10.9, 10.8.5

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy