HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

Hi, I've got an HP Envy 15-j101ss with Yosemite 10.10.2 and as I told you everything worked for me with this guide, but now I am experiencing some problems..

· FaceTime and iMessage aren't working. I have calculated the ROM, MLB and SmUUID with Clover Configurator but it didn't work because it gives me an activation code. I have called Apple like 2 times for activate my software but when they say it's enabled, still doesn't work for me. I don't know what's the issue because I have a valid serial and AppStore & iCloud are working correctly.

· USB ports stop working after sleep. I removed GenericUSBxhci.kext because it were not working at startup.  #576

· WebCam in PhotoBooth app is not working before taking a photo, but then I can see the photo. (In FaceTime is working).

· Preview app it's so laggy and i can't use it because stop working every time I open a photo.

· Some screensavers aren't working because settings closes (maybe it's a general bug that will be fixed, but i don't think so).

Waiting for solutions, thank you very much!

• Like 1

Yeah having the audio inject selected would interfere since you did patch the DSDT. 

Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                        Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                        Offset (0x08), 
                        Offset (0x09), 
                PMEE,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
            }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                        0x03
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x06)
                {
                    "layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                        0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                    Buffer (Zero) {}
                })
            }
        }

This is what my DSDT for my audio looks like. On my config for Clover I posted, make sure you have your DSDT defined and pasted in the correct Clover location.

Made sure my DSDT is correct, removed Injection patches.. and still no Audio under Clover Bootloader. AppleHDA.kext is still not loaded... what could be happening? DSDT patch does say Layout: 12 under System Profile (AUDIO)

Made sure my DSDT is correct, removed Injection patches.. and still no Audio under Clover Bootloader. AppleHDA.kext is still not loaded... what could be happening? DSDT patch does say Layout: 12 under System Profile (AUDIO)

The only other suggestion if you looked at the post below mine which details everything will be to add this to your Clover config file under kexttopatch section:

<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>hBnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAA==</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #1</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>4HYdEQ==</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA IDT 76e0 #2</string>
			</dict>

This enabled it for me, forgot to mention it last time.

Hi. I can't download any of the files in the first post. I need the ones for Yosemite.

I have received a rather large number of PMs about this over the past few days. I am aware that the attachments aren't currently working properly but I am unsure of why at this time. I can only assume this has been brought on by some kind of major forum revision or error but again, I am not really sure. UPDATE: Yeah, seems the forum recently suffered a pretty major crash and so attachments and some avatars (including mine) aren't loading/working properly. It seems the staff is confident that all information is safe and can be restored but it will take some time to do. Information came from this thread here. I still plan to provide alternative links as a temporary workaround until they can fully restore the broken parts of the forum. I am looking into correcting this ASAP but sadly, it may take me a few days to be able to do so. Apologizes to everyone affected by this but rest assured, I WILL figure out some way to fix it. Thanks to those who have reached out to make me aware of this problem. I will post again once the issue is fixed.

• Like 1

x986123 is your sig correct?

verify the md5 on your modified AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

it should be b94a418aef8219f9bf2c87a12980f005 for 10.10.2

Per the screenshots, hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" } should be absent @ HDEF@1B in your dsdt

DummyHDA loads in place of AppleHDA.kext see SI EXTENSION screenshot

x986123 is your sig correct?

verify the md5 on your modified AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

it should be b94a418aef8219f9bf2c87a12980f005 for 10.10.2

Per the screenshots, hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" } should be absent @ HDEF@1B in your dsdt

DummyHDA loads in place of AppleHDA.kext see SI EXTENSION screenshot

My sig is from an old computer!

Yes my graphics load fine, and DummyHDA doesn't load either.

So weird...

Can you send a screenshot of your config.plist/ kernel and kext patches tab? Did you patch your framebuffer?

I've got the DSDT patched for IRQ & HPET fix, the HDEF part is there too... out of all the things, System Info only just shows "Audio: 12" under Intel High Def Audio. Devices shows nothing. Again, none of the AppleHDA or DummyHDA are loading.. I used the Kext-dev thingie on boot too. Stock AppleHDA. No Enabler, No disabler. Same setup, works under Chameleon because AppleHDA loads and Chameleon.boot.plist has the following "HDAenabler=yes, HDAULayoutID=0C000000, HDEFLayoutID=0C000000"

Yes I did and here you go: 4jpa3JQ.png

By the way, I changed "Name" to AppleHDA for the KextsToPatch and still nothing.

I've got the DSDT patched for IRQ & HPET fix, the HDEF part is there too... out of all the things, System Info only just shows "Audio: 12" under Intel High Def Audio. Devices shows nothing. Again, none of the AppleHDA or DummyHDA are loading.. I used the Kext-dev thingie on boot too. Stock AppleHDA. No Enabler, No disabler. Same setup, works under Chameleon because AppleHDA loads and Chameleon.boot.plist has the following "HDAenabler=yes, HDAULayoutID=0C000000, HDEFLayoutID=0C000000"

Yes I did and here you go: 4jpa3JQ.png

By the way, I changed "Name" to AppleHDA for the KextsToPatch and still nothing.

Under KextsToPatch column I believe you need to have the correct name of the Kext. Try AppleHDA in place of "APPLE HDA 1" for both instances. see screenshots

Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches

Can someone please upload the files to a place we can all download from? anyone that has already a working system. I have a 17t-j000.

Also can someone tell me exactly what's the criteria for choosing a wifi card? this is the one referred to in the first post right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BCM4352-Azurewave-AW-CE123H-WiF-i-BT-867Mbps-Bluetooth-4-0-Hackintosh-/281300566338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417ed20142
any other alternatives?

• Like 1

Did that & still nothing!

Ok. Does FakePCIID show as loaded in SI extensions? 

Check over your config.plist and match all the sections per post #676

it appears the original method and the FakePCI method don't mix- you shouldn't have AppleIntelHD5000 or AppleIntelFramebuffer in your KextsToPatch.   see RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID · GitHub

use untouched AppleIntelHD5000.kext

modify AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext for HDMI =04>08 -check with MD5 in terminal-AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh v3.0 Beta | Pike's Universum

use KextToPatch to swap to E0761D11for IDT audio- This is the ONLY (2) lines in KextsToPatch related to audio

DummyHDA loads AppleHDAcontroller-thanks to nrjmadan @ post #647

On my system-the original method only worked on 10.10.1

I have never tested any of these methods with Chameleon

Ok. Does FakePCIID show as loaded in SI extensions? 

Check over your config.plist and match all the sections per post #676

it appears the original method and the FakePCI method don't mix- you shouldn't have AppleIntelHD5000 or AppleIntelFramebuffer in your KextsToPatch.   see RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID · GitHub

use untouched AppleIntelHD5000.kext

modify AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext for HDMI =04>08 -check with MD5 in terminal-AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh v3.0 Beta | Pike's Universum

use KextToPatch to swap to E0761D11for IDT audio- This is the ONLY (2) lines in KextsToPatch related to audio

DummyHDA loads AppleHDAcontroller-thanks to nrjmadan @ post #647

On my system-the original method only worked on 10.10.1

I have never tested any of these methods with Chameleon

Do I really need FakePCIID? With it I get issues with my HD4600.. graphical glitches or it just doesn't load. I got it working 100% without FakePCIID, the only thing I need is Audio.

Bad news guys. I regret to inform the thread that I do NOT have backups of the currently broken attachments for the thread. :(

The good news is that I DO have backups for just about all of the files included in the attachments. Sadly, I still need some more time to be able to compile the archives together again since they are currently a TOTAL mess and in no condition to be shared. Worse even still, since Mavericks is (still) my primary OS, All of my Yosemite stuff is in terrible shape due to lack of motivation and needs some extensive testing before I can confidently share it. The last pack I included for Yosemite is now quite outdated and needs to be updated to address the current revision, 10.10.2.

Provided everything goes well, I expect files for 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and 10.9.5 Mavericks to be going up fairly soon since i've done the most testing with them. Stuff for Yosemite will no doubt take a bit longer to go up since I need to actually test it all over again. I left off on it testing a ton of different things and I need to address those before I share what I have. There is no reason to share potentially broken stuff on here so please give me a bit to sort that out. In the meantime, expect 10.8.5 and 10.9.5 files to be returning shortly. Again, I deeply apologize for the long wait, but please understand that I can't justify sharing untested packs. Hopefully, those of you waiting will understand. Oh and of course, if anything gets updated or changed, i'll inform the thread ASAP.

• Like 2

Bad news guys. I regret to inform the thread that I do NOT have backups of the currently broken attachments for the thread. :(

The good news is that I DO have backups for just about all of the files included in the attachments. Sadly, I still need some more time to be able to compile the archives together again since they are currently a TOTAL mess and in no condition to be shared. Worse even still, since Mavericks is (still) my primary OS, All of my Yosemite stuff is in terrible shape due to lack of motivation and needs some extensive testing before I can confidently share it. The last pack I included for Yosemite is now quite outdated and needs to be updated to address the current revision, 10.10.2.

Provided everything goes well, I expect files for 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and 10.9.5 Mavericks to be going up fairly soon since i've done the most testing with them. Stuff for Yosemite will no doubt take a bit longer to go up since I need to actually test it all over again. I left off on it testing a ton of different things and I need to address those before I share what I have. There is no reason to share potentially broken stuff on here so please give me a bit to sort that out. In the meantime, expect 10.8.5 and 10.9.5 files to be returning shortly. Again, I deeply apologize for the long wait, but please understand that I can't justify sharing untested packs. Hopefully, those of you waiting will understand. Oh and of course, if anything gets updated or changed, i'll inform the thread ASAP.

Thank you for your hard work.  :thanks_speechbubble:

• Like 1

First post (finally) got updated! Dropbox mirror added for 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and for 10.9.5 Mavericks ENVY files again. I know it's probably not what most of you are after but these might help you to figure out some things with your Yosemite installs until I can manage to get the files for that back up again.

Apologizes again for the wait but this is the best I can manage for right now. Sorry  :(

• Like 1

Hey gygabyte666, I have updated the files from your previous Yosemite files if you want to give it a try. I updated everything I use except the Readme file you had uploaded a few months back. This works perfect for me with HDMI audio, QE/CI and even the WiFi light is white like in Windows. My DSDT and SSDT's are also attached. Using Rehabman's Envy and Laptop repo, I compiled it and even though my DSDT.aml contains errors, everything I tested works and no errors were reported on the DSDT.dsl so the conversion process caused MaciAsl to show errors. Maybe you can take a quick look in how to fix them?

Thanks so much for your help, I thought it is the least I can do since you uploaded it before to update it. Thanks everyone who worked on this compilation. Tested and working on 10.10.3 beta.

Edit: Use files on post #705 here this zip has corrupted config.plist. Removed files

• Like 3

Thanks for the update.

I'll try it out over the weekend (bit busy these days).

Meanwhile, the simplest way to get just the top speakers working is to

1. edit config data and define speaker at node 15 (0x0f) (thats where top speakers are on my system).

2. change node 13 (0x0d) to 15 (0x0f) in platforms.xml.zlib file.

Sorry for my noob question but...where i can "edit config data and define speaker at node 15 (0x0f)"?

I tried dummyhda for topspeaker but nothing...only 2 bot speakers working (hp envy 15j000)

thank you