HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

A couple of thoughts

Make sure you are using a CTIA (TRSR)  jack, the mic and ground lead are reversed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-CTIA-TRRS-Male-to-2-TRS-Female-Audio-Splitter-Adapter-For-Asus-Laptop-/291341083490

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/HP-Envy-14-HEADSET-MICROPHONE-DOESN-T-WORK/td-p/2576309/page/2

I think Apple, Android etc use this convention- the ones lying around your house are probably TRRS.

I had one from a Sony Portable dvd player that ohmed out correctly. This could be contributing to the issues

The headphone problem happen for me too, but not very often.

Also if you wake the system with headphones plugged in, the audio works on headphones.

Same problem here.. Different platform (HP Envy 7397el), same Codec ID (IDT 92HD91BXX) and this injector is the only one able to make my audio work.

Issues: (<-- maybe @Mirone@RehabMan could be of help?)

- no sub

- if headphones have integrated mic, after some minutes internal mic stops working and never recovers

- no jack detection before sleep. After WAK it works perfectly. Sometimes it works at boot if I don’t change volume via hotkeys before inserting HPs.

PS: it may be of common interest: I could’t get reliable codec activation (at some boots CodecID showed up in DPCIManager, but most of the times not) until disabling NVIDIA GPU and fixing IRQs via DSDT patching.

Thank you for your work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks a lot for sharing the info  :)

I've managed to apply the fix to my kext. (attached to the post)

This one has:

- 4 working speakers

- ambient noise reduction on internal mic

- amber light permanently off (as you mentioned)

- maximum volume fix for internal speakers (as you mentioned)

Volume of internal speakers does not reset to maximum after plugging out the headphones.

The volume icon changes properly when changing volume using keyboard.

Hi there nrjmadan,

Sadly, the attachment you have uploaded no longer seems to be available (possibly due to forum maintenance).  Would it be possible for you to re-upload it again?

Thank you. :)

Hi there nrjmadan,

Sadly, the attachment you have uploaded no longer seems to be available (possibly due to forum maintenance).  Would it be possible for you to re-upload it again?

Thank you. :)

Here it is :) DummyHDA.kext.zip

Hey, thanks a lot for sharing the info  :)

I've managed to apply the fix to my kext. (attached to the post)

This one has:

- 4 working speakers

- ambient noise reduction on internal mic

- amber light permanently off (as you mentioned)

- maximum volume fix for internal speakers (as you mentioned)

Volume of internal speakers does not reset to maximum after plugging out the headphones.

The volume icon changes properly when changing volume using keyboard.

Hey I found a combination that makes the Headphone mic work throughout. I used the "ConfigData" from @mirone's IDT 76e0 and both the internal mic and headphone mic are working totally. The one thing though, to get sound, I had to use the Platform and layout12.xml.zlib from the .kext that I posted before for it to work which means no ambient noise reduction and no 4 speakers like your files had. 

Attached is my kext that has the headphone mic working. Could you edit it so all 4 internal speakers work like yours do? We are definitely getting closer to get it to work without any bugs. Also if you noticed with the "configdata" in the .plist is that there is an extra "Line Output" in System Information which could be the reason why the headphone mic works with this.

post-923358-0-87765200-1426450930_thumb.jpg

DummyHDA.kext.zip

We are definitely getting closer to get it to work without any bugs.

Thank you for the work :)

Any words on the jack detection bug (that only works *after* resuming from a standby?

Thank you for the work :)

Any words on the jack detection bug (that only works *after* resuming from a standby?

I believe it depends on the "configdata" value in the info.plist and the 2 .xml.zlib files as using the combination in the DummyHDA.kext allows my headphone switching to work. Since everyone's laptop config is different, I think that is why headphone switching works on a few laptops, while not others. @nrjmadan's DummyHDA for instance would only allow the headphone switching occasionally with my Envy laptop, but he has the 4 speakers working so you get a louder volume. 

What’s your laptop? Mine is a DV7-7397el.

I started tinkering last month to get the subwoofer to work but I gave up because I currently have no time.

And it’s a pity since it sounds so good on windows.

What’s your laptop? Mine is a DV7-7397el.

I started tinkering last month to get the subwoofer to work but I gave up because I currently have no time.

And it’s a pity since it sounds so good on windows.

It's the envy 17-j070ca. Yeah wish the subwoofer would work too as it does in linux when you edit the pin configuration. At least my headphone switching has continued to work since I tried the new info in the .plist that I posted. Do you know which edits make the 4 speakers work or at least the front-top 2 internal speakers? The bottom 2 speakers make for a low volume when the volume is cranked up.

Hey I found a combination that makes the Headphone mic work throughout.

Thanks for the update.

I'll try it out over the weekend (bit busy these days).

Meanwhile, the simplest way to get just the top speakers working is to

1. edit config data and define speaker at node 15 (0x0f) (thats where top speakers are on my system).

2. change node 13 (0x0d) to 15 (0x0f) in platforms.xml.zlib file.

Thanks for the update.

I'll try it out over the weekend (bit busy these days).

Meanwhile, the simplest way to get just the top speakers working is to

1. edit config data and define speaker at node 15 (0x0f) (thats where top speakers are on my system).

2. change node 13 (0x0d) to 15 (0x0f) in platforms.xml.zlib file.

Thanks for the advice. I know you are busy, may I ask since I haven't ever edited the nodes before, would you be willing when you are free to edit just the top speakers data from the .kext I posted? I am not the best at coding and even though I did the pin configuration on linux, I only used the hda-gui tool to connect to the 0x0f speaker and haven't edited it manually. 

I ask also since the .kext you posted must not be totally compatible with my laptop since my headphone switching doesn't work as well as the combination I am using right now. Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice. I know you are busy, may I ask since I haven't ever edited the nodes before, would you be willing when you are free to edit just the top speakers data from the .kext I posted? I am not the best at coding and even though I did the pin configuration on linux, I only used the hda-gui tool to connect to the 0x0f speaker and haven't edited it manually. 

I ask also since the .kext you posted must not be totally compatible with my laptop since my headphone switching doesn't work as well as the combination I am using right now. Thanks again.

Try the attached kext. I haven't tested it, let me know how it goes.

I need some help to get my HDMI audio working.

What I did:

1. Renamed B0D3 to HDAU in dsdt and ssdt, and added _DSM method.

2. Used two AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patches to change <00 04 00 00> to <00 08 00 00>

3. Used two AppleHDAController patches.

4. Rebuilt caches in 'boot without caches' mode.

What happens:

1. 'HDMI / DisplayPort Output' in Sys Info > Audio

2. HDAU@3 in ioreg, with subnode(s).

3. AppleIntelFramebuffer@1,2 have connection type <00 08 00 00>

4. IGPU, HDEF, HDAU have hda-gfx=<"onboard-1">.

But still no HDMI option in System Pref > Audio, when connected to TV.

Is there something I'm missing out? (attached ioreg was saved when hdmi was connected.)

DummyHDA-top_speakers.kext.zip

Maddyz-Mac.ioreg.zip

I need some help to get my HDMI audio working.

What I did:

1. Renamed B0D3 to HDAU in dsdt and ssdt, and added _DSM method.

2. Used two AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patches to change <00 04 00 00> to <00 08 00 00>

3. Used two AppleHDAController patches.

4. Rebuilt caches in 'boot without caches' mode.

What happens:

1. 'HDMI / DisplayPort Output' in Sys Info > Audio

2. HDAU@3 in ioreg, with subnode(s).

3. AppleIntelFramebuffer@1,2 have connection type <00 08 00 00>

4. IGPU, HDEF, HDAU have hda-gfx=<"onboard-1">.

But still no HDMI option in System Pref > Audio, when connected to TV.

Is there something I'm missing out? (attached ioreg was saved when hdmi was connected.)

Thanks for the .kext! The top speakers are working and the headphone switching is still working. The headphone mic after repairing permissions in disk utility and doing another reboot is still working after a couple minutes of connecting the Apple EarPods.

For the HDMI audio I used the following 2 kextstopatch in my config.plist:

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>HDMI-audio, port 0105, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AQUJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AgQJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AgQJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
			</dict>

I also used the following in my SSDT for the intel card under HDAU:

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00030000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00030000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0x0d, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Lastly in the same SSDT for the intel card, I made sure the Device (IGPU), DSM 4 entry contained the following line: 

"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" }

So in total you should have 3 mentions of the hda-gfx line in your DSDT and SSDT.

1 in the DSDT for HDEF

2 in the SSDT for the Intel card, 1 under the HDAU, 1 under the IGPU

Make sure you also apply the FakePCI.kext and FakePCI_Intel_HDMI from Rehabman's github

Let me know how this goes. If you are using a different ig-platform-id than the 0x0a260006 I am using, you may need to grab the specific config.plist entries for those id's from Rehabman's Laptop config repo.

I also used the following in my SSDT for the intel card under HDAU:

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00030000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00030000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0x0d, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Thanks, 'RM,device-id' was what I had wrong. Using this DSM made it work.

Make sure you also apply the FakePCI.kext and FakePCI_Intel_HDMI from Rehabman's github

I didn't apply this, still it works.

But I loose hdmi audio after sleep. Any suggestions?

Thanks, 'RM,device-id' was what I had wrong. Using this DSM made it work.

I didn't apply this, still it works.

But I loose hdmi audio after sleep. Any suggestions?

Do you still have the original Yosemite Intel Framebuffer files in Extensions? Also try to use the FakePCI files and get rid of your AppleHDAController Clover patches for it as the FakePCI takes care of that and could cause the HDMI audio not working after sleep. I just put the files in the Clover kext 10.10 folder. I also attached if you have the Intel 4600, that FakePCI, but you can just ignore that file if you don't have that video card.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Here is more details about exactly what the FakePCI does and if you do have the Intel 4200, 4400 or the 4600, gives you instructions on what to add to switch to that kext to give you QE/CI which is another thing that could prevent HDMI audio from working from sleep.

So in short the FakePCI takes what your non-supported device id's and mask it as a Mac supported id, so you can get the device working just like a real Mac. I use these and HDMI audio works after sleep.

FakePCI.zip

Unfortunately my jack sense still doesn’t work before sleep :(

Hi there nrjmadan,

I have attempted to inject your DummyHDA.kext via Clover to no avail; whether it be in Clover's Kexts folder or in S/L/E.  How may I go about establishing audio on my HP Envy 15-j101ne?  Could you provide me with concrete steps please? :)

Thank you.

How may I go about establishing audio on my HP Envy 15-j101ne?  Could you provide me with concrete steps please? :)

1. You need to have original AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E.

2. Install DummyHDA.kext with kextutility.

3. You need to patch applehda using clover 'Kexts to patch'... See this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030060

I followed the above steps ^ and using clover I cannot get any audio at all. idt 92hd91bxx on an HP Envy 15t. Using Chameleon, DummyHDA loads fine and has Audio.. but using clover no kext loads and throws signature errors at me. What could be the problem?

I followed the above steps ^ and using clover I cannot get any audio at all. idt 92hd91bxx on an HP Envy 15t. Using Chameleon, DummyHDA loads fine and has Audio.. but using clover no kext loads and throws signature errors at me. What could be the problem?

Did you add "kext-dev-mode=1" to the Arguments section of Clover? This allows signature error kext to load.

I have, and it isn't doing anything.

That is weird. Do you have the latest Clover? I attached my config file, just renamed it to .rtf to allow posting. Look to see if something was missed. My other suggestion is at the bottom of the config file says "DetectKexts", I have that set to Yes which usually only affects Clover kexts, but try that too. I know you mentioned Chameleon works, but try to repair disk permissions in Disk Utility after you use Kext Utility to apply the kext to S/L/E. Hope this helps.

config.rtf

That is weird. Do you have the latest Clover? I attached my config file, just renamed it to .rtf to allow posting. Look to see if something was missed. My other suggestion is at the bottom of the config file says "DetectKexts", I have that set to Yes which usually only affects Clover kexts, but try that too. I know you mentioned Chameleon works, but try to repair disk permissions in Disk Utility after you use Kext Utility to apply the kext to S/L/E. Hope this helps.

Yes, latest version. Permissions repaired, Injectkexts set to yes, boot-args used... and still AppleHDA is not loading. Thing is, I'm not sure if my DSDT is even loading.. 

I have Audio Injection set to Yes in Clover Config, would that cause any issues?

If I go to System Report, it shows Intel IDT but the only subtext is Audio Layout: 12

Yes, latest version. Permissions repaired, Injectkexts set to yes, boot-args used... and still AppleHDA is not loading. Thing is, I'm not sure if my DSDT is even loading.. 

I have Audio Injection set to Yes in Clover Config, would that cause any issues?

If I go to System Report, it shows Intel IDT but the only subtext is Audio Layout: 12

Yeah having the audio inject selected would interfere since you did patch the DSDT. 

Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                        Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                        Offset (0x08), 
                        Offset (0x09), 
                PMEE,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
            }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                        0x03
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x06)
                {
                    "layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                        0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                    Buffer (Zero) {}
                })
            }
        }

This is what my DSDT for my audio looks like. On my config for Clover I posted, make sure you have your DSDT defined and pasted in the correct Clover location.

10.10.2 CLOVER/FakePCIID  method

go to your config.plist..

1) in clover configurator-Boot tab-ensure kext-dev-mode=1 is checked

2) Devices - Fake ID = 0x04128086 under IntelGfX

3) Graphics check inject intel and ig-platform-id = 0x0a260006

4) SMBIOS set for MacBookPro11,1

5) Kernel and Kext patches hit the plus sign and add the 2 applehda  patches from nrjmadan post # 647 

6) use Tomasz Ostrowski - Base64 decoder to convert to  hex and export configuration

install to S/L/E..

7) download DummyHDA.kext from post #655 and install to S/L/E along with original AppleHDA.kext using KextWizard

8) download and Install release version 1.1.1 (latest)  FakePCIID from  https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-...i-id/downloads to S/L/E

i also installed  FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext to S/L/E but they do not appear to be loading per SI or kext wizard 

8a) FakePCIID, FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext and  FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext are also in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10

9) visit AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh v3.0 Beta | Pike's Universum and modify your frame buffer for port 0105 and 0204 to = 8 for hdmi output. Download ZIP - explained in post #664

mod your ssdt-4.aml 

10) add "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" }   to ssdt-4.aml for (IGPU) AND (HDAU) SECTIONS- SEE POST # 664

I AM NOT INJECTING Andrw0380 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul in Clover as it didn’t work for me- see above frame buffer mod.

and dsdt.aml

11) use layout 12=c @ HDEF section of your DSDT.aml

I AM NOT adding the ”RM,device-id" to DSDT, method in this post. By default, the kext (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext) injects RM,device-id= (0x0a0c).

cleanup

12) use KextWizard to Repair perms and Rebuild cache on your install.

13) when booting Clover appears to not load kexts from cache. thoughts?

14) verify (IGPU) , (HDAU) and (HDEF) SECTIONS after boot in IOREG per provided screenshots

15) verify FakePCIID and  DummyHDA show loaded in System info-software-extensions=yes

this is only tested on 10.10.2 for the HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) with clover rev 3113

All credits to Piker-Alpha, RehabMan, the-darkvoid, nrjmadan, Andrw0380, Tomasz, Mirone,gygabyte666 and all the clover developers

post-531483-0-91180100-1427582786_thumb.png

post-531483-0-26933600-1427582807_thumb.png

post-531483-0-44560700-1427582818_thumb.png

post-531483-0-44240300-1427582840_thumb.png

post-531483-0-89536000-1427582851_thumb.png

post-531483-0-45873600-1427582867_thumb.png

post-531483-0-39905500-1427582877_thumb.png

post-531483-0-15219500-1427582907_thumb.png

post-531483-0-69300900-1427582952_thumb.png

post-531483-0-62090200-1427582968_thumb.png

post-531483-0-47513800-1427582987_thumb.png

post-531483-0-39629300-1427583005_thumb.png