HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

Check your config.plist in efi partition and try without genericusbxhci.kext.

logo distorted and multiplied is a little problem, i have it too.

Wow! Thank u so much! I deleted Genericusbxhci.kext from the S/L/E and my usb ports and camera are working now : D

EDIT: Is there any way to enable the 'handoff' feature? I'm using the Atheros Ar9285 Wifi and maybe the Ar3011 Bluetooth. Has anyone activated it?

I reinstalled Yosemite, and it appears that the touch screen is working, unlike my previous mavericks install. The touch screen works like a mouse pretty much and is good for clicking and mouse movement, however scrolling doesn't work, but thats likely a limitation of OS X itself

I also got iMessage/Facetime working in yosemite, you gotta make sure the ethernet is set to en0, in addition to having a legitimate serial number, MLB, and ROM in config.plist of clover. the MLB should also be in the format of SERIAL NUMBER + 5 Alphanumeric characters. After that, I called Apple support an had them activate my iMessage account with the customer code given in the error message.

Hope this helps anyone with iMessage/Facetime issues

Hello Everyone,

I had my HP m7-j120dx working great with the files provided, then all of a sudden I start getting a kernel panic, so I had to restore Windows, which is awful. Now I am trying agin but my usb installer is throwing the same KP. I am attaching a picture, any help is appreciated.

Picture won't upload so here is the link: http://i.imgur.com/cE02BlV.jpg

Edited by shumanak

Hello Everyone,

I had my HP m7-j120dx working great with the files provided, then all of a sudden I start getting a kernel panic, so I had to restore Windows, which is awful. Now I am trying agin but my usb installer is throwing the same KP. I am attaching a picture, any help is appreciated.

Picture won't upload so here is the link: http://i.imgur.com/cE02BlV.jpg

Seems like you didn't fill in your machine type in config.plist. Fill in the model identifier and serial number properly using either ChameleonWizard or CloverConfigurator with data from a MBP11,x and you shouldn't get this KP anymore.

Seems like you didn't fill in your machine type in config.plist. Fill in the model identifier and serial number properly using either ChameleonWizard or CloverConfigurator with data from a MBP11,x and you shouldn't get this KP anymore.

So just to be clear, I should enter the 8 digit serial and leave the model identifier as MacBookPro11,2 since I am using a 17 inch Envy?

So just to be clear, I should enter the 8 digit serial and leave the model identifier as MacBookPro11,2 since I am using a 17 inch Envy?

Leave the last 4 digits of the serial alone, they serve as the model identifier, the rest needs to be filled in. The model identifier shouldn't need to be changed. Leave it as a 11,2. Make sure the board number matches an 11,2 as well. A simple Google search should reveal that.

Leave the last 4 digits of the serial alone, they serve as the model identifier, the rest needs to be filled in. The model identifier shouldn't need to be changed. Leave it as a 11,2. Make sure the board number matches an 11,2 as well. A simple Google search should reveal that.

So i started from scratch:

Install Yosemite to USB

Install clover with option (Install UEFI only, Install clover in the ESP, Emu Variable, AptioFix, and PartitionDXE)

Added your files to their locations

Edited config.plist adding the 8 digits C02LJ6QS

Booted into clover

Selected the usb with verbose

This KP happened: http://i.imgur.com/DPPZN0U.jpg

Like I said, I had everything going great, then one day I rebooted and this happened.

Thanks

So i started from scratch:

Install Yosemite to USB

Install clover with option (Install UEFI only, Install clover in the ESP, Emu Variable, AptioFix, and PartitionDXE)

Added your files to their locations

Edited config.plist adding the 8 digits C02LJ6QS

Booted into clover

Selected the usb with verbose

This KP happened: http://i.imgur.com/DPPZN0U.jpg

Like I said, I had everything going great, then one day I rebooted and this happened.

Thanks

Did you patch your own DSDT, or are you doing something silly like trying to use a DSDT from another computer?

Hi everyone

i managed to install yosemite on my Envy 17t-j000 using chameleon boot loader with everything working fine except the brightness its giving me hell it does show the slider bar on display settings but no effect when moving it. i tried rehab acpibacklit kext and too many things nothing seems to work. if any one here had it working with chameleon please help me on this.

thanks

Hi everyone

i managed to install yosemite on my Envy 17t-j000 using chameleon boot loader with everything working fine except the brightness its giving me hell it does show the slider bar on display settings but no effect when moving it. i tried rehab acpibacklit kext and too many things nothing seems to work. if any one here had it working with chameleon please help me on this.

thanks

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

It is not necessary to install Linux. Simply run it from USB: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

In Linux Terminal:

# substitute DEST with the mountpoint of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables DEST
Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory (rename them to *.aml as you move them) and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads

cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml
Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)

Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.

install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously different locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

Hey gygabyte666 ,

Recently , I've bought BCM-94352 (Broadcom AW-123ch) and plugged it in my laptop ,
Wifi 5ghz is working but the bluetooth is not working .
Bluetooth hardware ids  (VID_13D3 ,PID_3404,REV_0112)

Checked your bluetooth_inject_kext which also have same hw-ids.

Previously webcam worked , but after plugging this device , now my webcam is also not working .

I've used your dsdt and ssdt's ,they are identical to my laptop's dsdts and ssdts , I just don't understand why it's not working (bluetooth portion)  :blush: ?

Hlw RehabMan ,
I've been experiencing bluetooth issues in osx 10.10 ,
If I install GenericUSBXHCI (from your repo) then I lost all the USB devices (Bluetooth ,WebCam etc...) .
I've deleted the GenericUSBXHCI and now I can use bluetooth sacrificing usb 3.

I'm also experiencing issues while pairing with other bluetooth devices ( found devices but couldn't connect ) ,tried to enable continuity but couldn't , hand off is enabled.

Used this patch : BCM94352 Combo .

Hope to get some answer .
Thanks.

Hlw RehabMan ,

I've been experiencing bluetooth issues in osx 10.10 ,

If I install GenericUSBXHCI (from your repo) then I lost all the USB devices (Bluetooth ,WebCam etc...) .

I've deleted the GenericUSBXHCI and now I can use bluetooth sacrificing usb 3.

I'm also experiencing issues while pairing with other bluetooth devices ( found devices but couldn't connect ) ,tried to enable continuity but couldn't , hand off is enabled.

Used this patch : BCM94352 Combo .

Hope to get some answer .

Thanks.

GenericUSBXHCI has issues on Yosemite. No fix in sight (Zenith432 has stated he doesn't have the time).

It is best to start looking into how to make AppleUSBXHCI.kext work (I've been successful on all my computers).

• Like 2

asked for help. I've been through this video, my own DSDT and SSDT made, according to above described other explanation I can not use because of difference in the laptop. Now if I have this in the clover / acpi / patched area with boat arg "-gux_defer_usb2 kext-dev-mode = 1" I get the following error "system uptime nanoseconds and numbers", can someone help me how this dissolution, or Video wrong description, I would like to get everything working in Yosemite, thanks for all his help and sorry for my bad english

sorry forget the link http://youtu.be/wK8sHsQ-76Q

• 3 weeks later...

I followed your guide and everything works, but after month laptop was infected by virus and i format hard drive then i try to reinstall yosemite by your guide but this time nothing works i already tired 4 times no result how to fix this ?

Hopefully this is helpful

1) Modified DSDT @HDEF and Changed to Layout = 1. Removed Clover IDT device injection as well as IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext

2) Modify libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib  [FIX] Intel HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite and still using IntelHD4600Inject.kext

3) Modify frame buffer through clover injection;  AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh v3.0 Beta | Pike's Universum

After a view in the hex editor it looks like the frame buffer code has changed 

Changed port 1: 8 and port 2: 8  etc.

see attached config and screenshots

4) Probably less relevant- I changed FakeSMC to reflect a HuronRiver platform Performance tuning with FakeSMC & SMBIOS plist | OSXLatitude.com

Observations:

If i boot with hdmi attached-it works and survives sleep.

If i boot to desktop without hdmi then plug in - hdmi works and survives sleep.

If i boot without hdmi then sleep prior to plugging in -hdmi DOES NOT WORK.

Still need to figure a way to get onboard audio back in the picture. Considering this 

GUIDE: HDMI Audio with unsupported on-board audio: VoodooHDA and AppleHDA at the same time. - ATi - InsanelyMac Forum

Anyone else have a frozen trackpad until 2 seconds after the desktop shows up?

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.

frameazul.rtf

post-531483-0-11725000-1420767993_thumb.png

post-531483-0-02841200-1420768171_thumb.png

post-531483-0-58273300-1420768412_thumb.png

Hi,

I'm running 10.9.2 and facing some weird graphics problem.

It appears that OS isn't displaying full range of colours. The gradient seem to posterise.

Wherever I look at colour wheel, in Preview app, Quick Look or Text Edit, theres never a smooth gradient.

Xee app however shows proper colours.

The image shows same image opened in Preview (left) and Xee (right).

Notice the colours around purple.

post-1300896-0-92014000-1421259581_thumb.png

Any suggestions?

p.s. qe/ci might be working, coz I do have a translucent menu bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just got to say, thanks for all your help, as I now have got a working build including QE/CI and HDMI via the FakePCI patch, but am having an issue I hope someone has figured out. While HDMI is working with the FakePCI 4600 patch, the audio is not working and I've tried a combination of trying the OP's IDT files and even trying Rehabman's IDT files with the Clover config and still HDMI audio is not working. System Information shows HDMI/Displayport Output under Audio, but it never switched to it when HDMI is connected. In case you want to know, Headphones does work so I know some Audio switching is working. Thanks again for this awesome thread!

Hey everyone, I just got to say, thanks for all your help, as I now have got a working build including QE/CI and HDMI via the FakePCI patch, but am having an issue I hope someone has figured out. While HDMI is working with the FakePCI 4600 patch, the audio is not working and I've tried a combination of trying the OP's IDT files and even trying Rehabman's IDT files with the Clover config and still HDMI audio is not working. System Information shows HDMI/Displayport Output under Audio, but it never switched to it when HDMI is connected. In case you want to know, Headphones does work so I know some Audio switching is working. Thanks again for this awesome thread!

Switching to HDMI-audio is not automatic. You have to switch via SysPrefs->Sound after connecting the HDMI-audio device.