AppleAzaliaAudio.kext author

ameris_cyning

6 posts in this topic

Howdy guys!

Just curious if anyone remembers who the original author of AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is.

It would be nice to see if we can convince said author to make it Open Source

Why would you like to use it? With AppleHDA working for almost every device and VoodooHDA as open-source, what brings AppleAzaliaAudio other than the others?

Nostalgia is prob the biggest motivator for me here

Why would you like to use it? With AppleHDA working for almost every device and VoodooHDA as open-source, what brings AppleAzaliaAudio other than the others?

It's the only driver that works with Conexant chip in the notebook I have (output only though).

To answer your question... Apple wrote it and included it in the developer transition kit (I believe). I doubt you'll be able to get Apple to open source the kext.

Do note that while the kext is closed source, it is very possible to extent it (as with all c++ / IOKit kexts). This has been done in the past (for example: the dell mini 9) to add custom verb commands to toggle between the headphones + speakers when headphones were attached). This doesn't really help with enabling line in... but it does get more functional playback.