HP Pavilion dv6-3136tx Local APIC Error

hp pavilion dv6 local apic error

Best Answer donovan6000, 19 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

@mitch101 That kernel panic is common with HP computers with Intel i series processors. You can either boot with cpus=1 or use a modified kernel to prevent it for occuring. Cpus=1 will limit your cpu to only using one of it's cores though, so it will hinder your computer's preformance. I consider the latter to be a much better option.

I wrote a utility a few months ago that can patch kernels to bypass the lapic kernel panic. You can patch the kernel on your USB with it. Here it is :D

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mitch101

mitch101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hi guys. I tried to install OS X today, but I can't get to the installer. I'm trying to do it off of USB with the Clover bootloader. I am not sure how to type in flags, and my laptop's inbuilt keyboard doesn't work apart from Enter and arrow keys. Plugging in a USB keyboard doesn't work. The error I get is Local APIC Error and then a panic. I don't have a camera so I can't take a pic.

Specs:

HP Pavilion dv6-3136tx Notebook

6GB DDR3 (I think) RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics 5650 Graphics Card

Intel Core i5 Processor

Windows 7 Home Premium

Just to clarify, I CAN NOT GET INTO THE INSTALLER.

donovan6000

donovan6000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Best Answer

@mitch101 That kernel panic is common with HP computers with Intel i series processors. You can either boot with cpus=1 or use a modified kernel to prevent it for occuring. Cpus=1 will limit your cpu to only using one of it's cores though, so it will hinder your computer's preformance. I consider the latter to be a much better option.

I wrote a utility a few months ago that can patch kernels to bypass the lapic kernel panic. You can patch the kernel on your USB with it. Here it is :D

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts

Chameleon 2.2 with the kernelpatcher module has the lapic fix as well iirc.

mitch101

mitch101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Patcher uses OS X which is a no go. And I fixed the keyboard, but no idea how to enter flags in Clover.
EDIT: Woohoo! I found out how, and CPUs=1 worked! Thanks guys. /close

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, pavilion, dv6, local, apic, error

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy